ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Xmas eve
-
crimson king
- Posts: 783
- Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
- Gender: Male
Xmas eve
I'm hoping for a super light sort of a Tuesday kind of day, but I expect I'll be disappointed. I've been racking my brain, but I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've ever worked a Xmas Eve in my whole working life, apart from the odd shift in my mum's pubs years back.
I'm expecting it to be like any other day in my life as a postie, only with more cheerful, yet strangeley hollow, "Merry Christmases!" ringing out as I leave doorsteps.
I'm expecting it to be like any other day in my life as a postie, only with more cheerful, yet strangeley hollow, "Merry Christmases!" ringing out as I leave doorsteps.
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Xmas eve
it was relatively quiet here.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Sir Henry
- Posts: 1316
- Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
- Gender: Male
Xmas eve
Getting a seasonal greeting out of the public is like pulling teeth. I got a less than 50% return of half-hearted embarrassed Merry Xmases from punters on my walk today.crimson king wrote:I'm expecting it to be like any other day in my life as a postie, only with more cheerful, yet strangeley hollow, "Merry Christmases!" ringing out as I leave doorsteps.
"And it was always said of him that he knew how to keep Chritmas well, if any man alive possessed the knowledge. May that be truly said of us, and all of us! And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "f**k them. Every One!"
Last edited by Sir Henry on 24 Dec 2018, 21:20, edited 1 time in total.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
-
miles_peters
- Posts: 298
- Joined: 19 Jul 2014, 12:29
- Gender: Male
Xmas eve
between 9 and 9:30scoobymunster wrote:miles_peters wrote:finished at 10am. super easy light dayOn a normal day, what time would you normally leave the office at? plenty in our office cut off today.
it was lovely, I could have been done before 10 if I hadn't been chatting to people. 27th is my rest day, so its like having 4 days off!!
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
Xmas eve
Mine was like a normal Monday. A few packets, mail not too bad and 4 fake specials. Out the door at 9.30 will be honest worked through my break got done at 1.40ish. Normal finish time today is 2.25. My rest day is also the 27th. Merry Christmas Fellow posties hope you all have a good one. 