ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Customers asking (insisting) you sign for things?
-
scoobydo79
- Posts: 2057
- Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
- Gender: Male
Customers asking (insisting) you sign for things?
I admit I will bend the rules but never on special deliveries.The one item I will follow the rule book entirely
-
Murdoch
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 572
- Joined: 11 Apr 2018, 16:55
- Gender: Male
Customers asking (insisting) you sign for things?
So you're willing to risk your job every day... for 160ish quid a year.Natagora wrote: I’ve got the customer’s permission, they want me to do this, and I’m happy to oblige. You can’t just do this job to the letter, it’s best to use some common sense and trust. £160 in tips, a £10 Costa Coffee voucher, a decent bottle of red and an antique handwritten letter dated 1847. Still one day to go! These gifts/money are miles better than anyone else in my office has received and that’s because my customers think I’m doing a superb job for them.
Never take up gambling.
-
Natagora
- Posts: 37
- Joined: 05 Oct 2011, 18:35
- Gender: Male
Customers asking (insisting) you sign for things?
The odds are in my favour!Murdoch wrote:So you're willing to risk your job every day... for 160ish quid a year.Natagora wrote: I’ve got the customer’s permission, they want me to do this, and I’m happy to oblige. You can’t just do this job to the letter, it’s best to use some common sense and trust. £160 in tips, a £10 Costa Coffee voucher, a decent bottle of red and an antique handwritten letter dated 1847. Still one day to go! These gifts/money are miles better than anyone else in my office has received and that’s because my customers think I’m doing a superb job for them.
Never take up gambling.
-
Murdoch
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 572
- Joined: 11 Apr 2018, 16:55
- Gender: Male
Customers asking (insisting) you sign for things?
How so? That's a crap return for the risk you're taking lolNatagora wrote:
The odds are in my favour!
-
Natagora
- Posts: 37
- Joined: 05 Oct 2011, 18:35
- Gender: Male
Customers asking (insisting) you sign for things?
I’m betting on a virtual certainty every time I do this. Also, for it to result in a scenario whereby I lose my job, I would have had to have got a decision horrendously wrong, and that sort of misjudgement simply isn’t going to happen.Murdoch wrote:How so? That's a crap return for the risk you're taking lolNatagora wrote:
The odds are in my favour!
-
Murdoch
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 572
- Joined: 11 Apr 2018, 16:55
- Gender: Male
Customers asking (insisting) you sign for things?
Haha that old chestnut, how can you lose with the "virtual certainty" gaurantee.Natagora wrote: I’m betting on a virtual certainty every time I do this. Also, for it to result in a scenario whereby I lose my job, I would have had to have got a decision horrendously wrong, and that sort of misjudgement simply isn’t going to happen.
What the f**k does that mean? haha
However you rationalise the risk to yourself, you're still risking your job for less than a quid a day. lol
-
redneck
- Posts: 788
- Joined: 04 Jan 2010, 20:28
- Gender: Male
Customers asking (insisting) you sign for things?
I used to do this, however I am under a 'stage' at the moment related to this. Things can and do go wrong, and if you get a line manager who follows correct procedures you are in trouble. The incident related to a special which I signed for and posted through the letterbox in the belief that, as they were friends of the family, they would be fine with that. However the communication lines were not what they should be, a member of the family picked it up and put it under a table without telling others, followed by the proper recipient having a message that it had been delivered and going looking for it, not finding it and phoning the seller with a complaint they had not received it. Even if the item is received in the end you can be in big trouble for not following correct procedures.
-
Sir Henry
- Posts: 1316
- Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
- Gender: Male
Customers asking (insisting) you sign for things?
Fartthistle walkholder signs for recipients specials and regs, everyone happy
Day off cover or newbie refuses
Customer complains to RM that postie did nor sign as normal
The proverbial hits the fan
Or
Cover/newbie feels obliged because customer expects it due to douchebaggery of incumbent
Cover/newbie drawn unhappily into s**t that should not happen in the first place
Douchenozzle walkholder is that driver who never has a crash but sees loads in their rear view mirror.
More and more people facing this kind of charge than any other because idiocy is at an all time high.
Day off cover or newbie refuses
Customer complains to RM that postie did nor sign as normal
The proverbial hits the fan
Or
Cover/newbie feels obliged because customer expects it due to douchebaggery of incumbent
Cover/newbie drawn unhappily into s**t that should not happen in the first place
Douchenozzle walkholder is that driver who never has a crash but sees loads in their rear view mirror.
More and more people facing this kind of charge than any other because idiocy is at an all time high.
Last edited by Sir Henry on 31 Aug 2019, 18:09, edited 2 times in total.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
-
jtshocka
- Posts: 24
- Joined: 19 Mar 2010, 22:15
- Gender: Male
Customers asking (insisting) you sign for things?
its fraudulent get your brain in gear and try to keep yourself in employment
-
sindba
- Posts: 1456
- Joined: 05 Feb 2012, 20:27
- Gender: Male
Customers asking (insisting) you sign for things?
Safer to just stick signed for through the letterbox without a signature at all, there'll be no comeback and you can always play the "I didnt notice" card.
(this is VERY bad advice btw, and you could still lose your job if it goes wrong, but hey, just being honest)
(this is VERY bad advice btw, and you could still lose your job if it goes wrong, but hey, just being honest)
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Customers asking (insisting) you sign for things?
Good luck the day it does go wrong..Natagora wrote:I’m betting on a virtual certainty every time I do this. Also, for it to result in a scenario whereby I lose my job, I would have had to have got a decision horrendously wrong, and that sort of misjudgement simply isn’t going to happen.Murdoch wrote:How so? That's a crap return for the risk you're taking lolNatagora wrote:
The odds are in my favour!
-
nuns
- Posts: 147
- Joined: 14 Oct 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Customers asking (insisting) you sign for things?
£10 a signature..... like the doctor 
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16711
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Customers asking (insisting) you sign for things?
No you don't have the customer's permission.Natagora wrote:
I’ve got the customer’s permission, they want me to do this, .
You should not on a public forum admit you forge the signature for SD items.
You will lose your job sooner or later.
And I hope no one defends you.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Customers asking (insisting) you sign for things?
The customer is the sender and they want the item signed for by the recipient to prove they’ve received it. Personally I wouldn’t sign for anything but there are posties at my office who do and have gotten away with it for years.
-
deadbox
- Posts: 357
- Joined: 27 May 2007, 11:51
Customers asking (insisting) you sign for things?
The Paying customer is not the one recieving the item, it's the one who sent it. The contract is with the sender !clashcityrocker wrote:No you don't have the customer's permission.Natagora wrote:
I’ve got the customer’s permission, they want me to do this, .
You dont have their permission, and even if you did, you work for RM and you don't have theirs
Its FRAUD, and you could be sacked.
Is it worth risking your £400 a week job for Xmas tips that amount to pennies a day ?
A fraud conviction has far reaching consequences beyond life in RM