How is it illegal??postmanzach wrote:Well I’m pretty sure it’s illegal for the management to make changes without it being agreed. We shall be keeping our long weekends otherwise I’m pretty sure 90% the office would quit.ewancurze wrote:I think there is a policy, not openly talked about, to get rid of the longer 4 day duties, they were all put back to 1 in 6's in our office against the wishes of the duty holders. The union rep said there was nothing he could do or he agreed with the change.....I am not sure which it was as it didn't affect me and there was a lot of rumours.
I have a rest week duty, I expect they will come for that next.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
6 hour deliveries
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
6 hour deliveries
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
6 hour deliveries
It's not illegal to make changes to a workers contract, but it is illegal to do so without consultation. SO they can consult and then change and without a Union your easy meat, luckily ...............postmanzach wrote:Well I’m pretty sure it’s illegal for the management to make changes without it being agreed. We shall be keeping our long weekends otherwise I’m pretty sure 90% the office would quit.ewancurze wrote:I think there is a policy, not openly talked about, to get rid of the longer 4 day duties, they were all put back to 1 in 6's in our office against the wishes of the duty holders. The union rep said there was nothing he could do or he agreed with the change.....I am not sure which it was as it didn't affect me and there was a lot of rumours.
I have a rest week duty, I expect they will come for that next.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Tomolo208
- Posts: 102
- Joined: 19 Feb 2017, 07:43
- Gender: Male
6 hour deliveries
Our office underwent a revision.
The main reason for the removal of these good ideas is because people aren't working the hours for them.
We had plenty of people who used to come in early and rush round without a break. Then their one in 4 was taken off them because they were finishing 2 hrs early every day.
Do the job properly every day and take your breaks. Your pda actuals actually is just proof on a spreadsheet that your job is too easy if you're finishing early.
The main reason for the removal of these good ideas is because people aren't working the hours for them.
We had plenty of people who used to come in early and rush round without a break. Then their one in 4 was taken off them because they were finishing 2 hrs early every day.
Do the job properly every day and take your breaks. Your pda actuals actually is just proof on a spreadsheet that your job is too easy if you're finishing early.
-
postmanzach
- Posts: 515
- Joined: 18 Jul 2011, 15:01
- Gender: Male
6 hour deliveries
It’s law, can find it on the government health and safety website. Il find the exact link later, it’s on here somewhere..aiden01 wrote:How is it illegal??postmanzach wrote:Well I’m pretty sure it’s illegal for the management to make changes without it being agreed. We shall be keeping our long weekends otherwise I’m pretty sure 90% the office would quit.ewancurze wrote:I think there is a policy, not openly talked about, to get rid of the longer 4 day duties, they were all put back to 1 in 6's in our office against the wishes of the duty holders. The union rep said there was nothing he could do or he agreed with the change.....I am not sure which it was as it didn't affect me and there was a lot of rumours.
I have a rest week duty, I expect they will come for that next.
http://www.hse.gov.uk/managing/legal.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I don’t want to argue it because every office is different but we have a decent manager that respects that some people work more efficiently and faster so he doesn’t punish those that do get back early with more work. He knows if he keeps the office on his side we will all mostly voluntarily help out with extra lapsing when needed.
-
postmanzach
- Posts: 515
- Joined: 18 Jul 2011, 15:01
- Gender: Male
6 hour deliveries
Yeah so the union rep would have to sign something to say yeah go ahead. He’s trying to get a new revision where we get rid off all lapsing but make the duties slightly bigger. It’s workable in the summer but come Christmas next year it simply won’t work without loads of cut offs. We got guys out til 6pm already!TrueBlueTerrier wrote:It's not illegal to make changes to a workers contract, but it is illegal to do so without consultation. SO they can consult and then change and without a Union your easy meat, luckily ...............postmanzach wrote:Well I’m pretty sure it’s illegal for the management to make changes without it being agreed. We shall be keeping our long weekends otherwise I’m pretty sure 90% the office would quit.ewancurze wrote:I think there is a policy, not openly talked about, to get rid of the longer 4 day duties, they were all put back to 1 in 6's in our office against the wishes of the duty holders. The union rep said there was nothing he could do or he agreed with the change.....I am not sure which it was as it didn't affect me and there was a lot of rumours.
I have a rest week duty, I expect they will come for that next.
-
deltaforce
- Posts: 778
- Joined: 01 Jan 2009, 15:29
- Gender: Male
6 hour deliveries
I'm not sure what the link you have supplied has to do with the subject under discussion. Unless you have a specific contract with hard and fast times of attendance and days of attendance,then they can be changed, subject to consultation and notice.postmanzach wrote:It’s law, can find it on the government health and safety website. Il find the exact link later, it’s on here somewhere..aiden01 wrote:How is it illegal??postmanzach wrote:Well I’m pretty sure it’s illegal for the management to make changes without it being agreed. We shall be keeping our long weekends otherwise I’m pretty sure 90% the office would quit.ewancurze wrote:I think there is a policy, not openly talked about, to get rid of the longer 4 day duties, they were all put back to 1 in 6's in our office against the wishes of the duty holders. The union rep said there was nothing he could do or he agreed with the change.....I am not sure which it was as it didn't affect me and there was a lot of rumours.
I have a rest week duty, I expect they will come for that next.
http://www.hse.gov.uk/managing/legal.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I don’t want to argue it because every office is different but we have a decent manager that respects that some people work more efficiently and faster so he doesn’t punish those that do get back early with more work. He knows if he keeps the office on his side we will all mostly voluntarily help out with extra lapsing when needed.
-
Woody Guthrie
- Posts: 5166
- Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
- Gender: Male
6 hour deliveries
No.Yeah so the union rep would have to sign something to say yeah go ahead.
They have to give you notice.
They are committed to consultation/negotiation but don't need the union's permission.
After the IR process is exhausted they can implement by executive action.
It would be up to the union to respond to that.
Only dead fish follow the current
-
postmanzach
- Posts: 515
- Joined: 18 Jul 2011, 15:01
- Gender: Male
6 hour deliveries
Like I said it’s in there somewhere il find exact bit later. I think we are in agreement here. They can’t make changes/a revision without It being agreed by the union. Happy work force is a productive work force decent management know this and don’t want to piss off the workers by making sudden changes people are not happy with.
Back to main point, 6!hour deliveries are fine been doing them for years. When you work a 9 hour day you get 50 minutes break. Plenty of time to eat and rest. It’s tiring but knowing you got 5 days off in a row is well worth it. and if you do work both your days off it’s quite easy to do a 60 week and get a nice big pay slip.
Back to main point, 6!hour deliveries are fine been doing them for years. When you work a 9 hour day you get 50 minutes break. Plenty of time to eat and rest. It’s tiring but knowing you got 5 days off in a row is well worth it. and if you do work both your days off it’s quite easy to do a 60 week and get a nice big pay slip.
-
postmanzach
- Posts: 515
- Joined: 18 Jul 2011, 15:01
- Gender: Male
6 hour deliveries
Ok well we have a different way of working then as our manager awaits agreement from the union rep before a revision.Woody Guthrie wrote:No.Yeah so the union rep would have to sign something to say yeah go ahead.
They have to give you notice.
They are committed to consultation/negotiation but don't need the union's permission.
After the IR process is exhausted they can implement by executive action.
It would be up to the union to respond to that.
-
luddite
- Posts: 451
- Joined: 06 May 2008, 20:24
6 hour deliveries
Talking to the area rep the other day and he said RM want all deliveries to be the same. No more Wally, four day or nine day fortnights.
They will come for them one office at a time, enjoy them while you can.
They will come for them one office at a time, enjoy them while you can.
-
LaggyBand
- Posts: 1065
- Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
- Gender: Male
6 hour deliveries
Easier to robotise the workforce that way, through uniformity...luddite wrote:Talking to the area rep the other day and he said RM want all deliveries to be the same. No more Wally, four day or nine day fortnights.
They will come for them one office at a time, enjoy them while you can.
-
crimson king
- Posts: 783
- Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
- Gender: Male
6 hour deliveries
In our DO they're talking of taking away the nine day fortnights during next year's resign. It'll be a different job for me when they do (I have absolutely no doubts it will happen- in my short RM career I've learned that they seem to want to take away anything that might be beneficial to their workforce).luddite wrote:Talking to the area rep the other day and he said RM want all deliveries to be the same. No more Wally, four day or nine day fortnights.
They will come for them one office at a time, enjoy them while you can.
At my age I find the recovery time of a long weekend invaluable. I live for them. It's nice to know you've got a regular, guaranteed Saturday in the bag. It's beyond me why RM would want to alienate sections of their workforce in this way ...well, I suppose it must be money saving for them.
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.