ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Where is it????

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
postmanzach
Posts: 515
Joined: 18 Jul 2011, 15:01
Gender: Male

Where is it????

Post by postmanzach »

Funny I was thinking exact same as OP. All the boxes have been rammed full for days, everyone’s buyinntonsnofnparcels and sending loads, yet today was strangely quiet. Tomorrow’s gonna be hell
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Where is it????

Post by Celgar »

Cheltpostie2013 wrote:I done a collection on Sunday and collected thousands of cards etc heavy day yesterday but today as always on a Tuesday dead, I've just started a bundle at 26 instead of two and In another road I went from 93 to 29 with no Mail! It's bizarre surely it can't be right??
It's the MCs effective second day off of the week. RM has run it like this for as long as I can remember. Ideally it would be run so more mail was sorted for us to deliver on Tuesdays then we wouldn't end up overrunning on the following days.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
Cheltpostie2013
Posts: 11
Joined: 24 May 2013, 13:06
Gender: Male

Where is it????

Post by Cheltpostie2013 »

Celgar wrote:
Cheltpostie2013 wrote:I done a collection on Sunday and collected thousands of cards etc heavy day yesterday but today as always on a Tuesday dead, I've just started a bundle at 26 instead of two and In another road I went from 93 to 29 with no Mail! It's bizarre surely it can't be right??
It's the MCs effective second day off of the week. RM has run it like this for as long as I can remember. Ideally it would be run so more mail was sorted for us to deliver on Tuesdays then we wouldn't end up overrunning on the following days.
Ok I have always wandered what the official explanation of Tuesdays always being so light was.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12196
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Where is it????

Post by SpacePhoenix »

It's been quieter than previous years, we've made time nearly everyday. I just don't think people are spending as much money this year. Brexit can't help things
Cheltpostie2013
Posts: 11
Joined: 24 May 2013, 13:06
Gender: Male

Where is it????

Post by Cheltpostie2013 »

It's busy very busy in fact just the Tuesday as always was ridiculously quiet just wandered why it's always Tuesday is there an explanation for it?
midegarelu
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 414
Joined: 12 Sep 2009, 07:09
Gender: Male
Location: somewhere over the rainbow

Where is it????

Post by midegarelu »

Cheltpostie2013 wrote:It's busy very busy in fact just the Tuesday as always was ridiculously quiet just wandered why it's always Tuesday is there an explanation for it?

The mail you receive for Delivery is made up as follows:-

Monday - 2c posted Friday, 1c & 2c posted Saturday
Tuesday - 1c posted Monday
Wednesday - 1c posted Tuesday, 2c posted Monday
Thursday - 1c posted Wednesday, 2c posted Tuesday
Friday - 1c posted Thursday, 2c posted Wednesday
Saturday - 1c posted Friday, 2c posted Thursday

On top of that there will be Mailsort and DSA which is processed by the MC when it arrives for delivery the next day.

Mail Centres do not deliberately hold back mail, there just isn't the room for storage.

The only mail held is 2c postings, the reason being to build in a delay to help justify the lower price.


Hope this helps.




edit T24 and T48 follow the same principle as 1c and 2c.
"We employ you so we can sack you"
DrSatan
Posts: 144
Joined: 23 Jun 2017, 19:11
Gender: Male

Where is it????

Post by DrSatan »

Well today was eventful! Absolutely loads!!
Woody Guthrie
Posts: 5166
Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
Gender: Male

Where is it????

Post by Woody Guthrie »

T24 and T48 follow the same principle as 1c and 2c
.

Aren't we accepting T24 and T48 on sundays now?
Only dead fish follow the current
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Where is it????

Post by Celgar »

At the MC that serves us not all the staff know what they are doing so Yorks of mail destined to go out to DOs are being pushed into the wrong place. This is resulting in a days delay in the letters getting to the DOs. Have been told there is bad signage in the MC which may be a contributing factor.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
midegarelu
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 414
Joined: 12 Sep 2009, 07:09
Gender: Male
Location: somewhere over the rainbow

Where is it????

Post by midegarelu »

Woody Guthrie wrote:
T24 and T48 follow the same principle as 1c and 2c
.

Aren't we accepting T24 and T48 on sundays now?


You're right.
I was giving an overall shot at how the mail arrives at the Delivery Office and it's made up.
"We employ you so we can sack you"