Oh I understand, I just wonder how long it will be until the PDA is used to sign on and off, and the pay system draws from that data to pay the overtime; ie no 552 and no human manually inputting what you haggled.Postie45 wrote:at the end of the day the DOM wants the office clear as a priority if it means paying someone an extra hour or 2 hes probably going to do it, he knows the person wont take that long to do it so PDA data wont be an issue as theres no one there to flag it. I dont see it as bribery by the postman asking for it either, hes just setting his own price for what he values his time is worth.LaggyBand wrote:It’s called ghost docket. It’s meant to be dead. It ain’t. PDA tracking and integration with pay systems may end it for good.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Do you bargain with your DOM with regards to OT pay?
-
LaggyBand
- Posts: 1065
- Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
- Gender: Male
Do you bargain with your DOM with regards to OT pay?
-
DGH
- Posts: 710
- Joined: 13 Dec 2014, 18:04
- Gender: Male
- Location: Neither here nor there
Do you bargain with your DOM with regards to OT pay?
Next pay deal. Sooner of Back gets his teeth into things.LaggyBand wrote: I just wonder how long it will be until the PDA is used to sign on and off, and the pay system draws from that data to pay the overtime; ie no 552 and no human manually inputting what you haggled.
-
Interested-seeker
- Posts: 442
- Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
- Gender: Female
Do you bargain with your DOM with regards to OT pay?
No, I have never done this and never will. It isn't right.
-
Interested-seeker
- Posts: 442
- Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
- Gender: Female
Do you bargain with your DOM with regards to OT pay?
number one wrote:Yep I haggle all the time with my overtime. Depending how desperate the DOM is then you can earn good money. In the past I’ve had 4hrs for a row and 5hrs for a york of packets. Currently getty30-40 hours a weeks overtime. Even in the quiet summer months I never get less than 25hrs OT. There’s some days I finish at 15:00 but getting paid till 21:00
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Do you bargain with your DOM with regards to OT pay?
Personally I would rather have an intelligent automatic logging in & out system so every minute I work is paid for. It would remove all the emotion and stress out of the system and be much 'fairer'. I dislike that 'f' word but I'll use it here.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
Interested-seeker
- Posts: 442
- Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
- Gender: Female
Do you bargain with your DOM with regards to OT pay?
Celgar wrote:Personally I would rather have an intelligent automatic logging in & out system so every minute I work is paid for. It would remove all the emotion and stress out of the system and be much 'fairer'. I dislike that 'f' word but I'll use it here.
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
Do you bargain with your DOM with regards to OT pay?
Isn’t it funny that the people who refuse to do overtime are the ones that moan the most about people doing overtime. If they do bring this automated PDA hour thing in then lets hope they also use it to monitor lazy slow posties who drag their feet all day. If they are not up to speed then they will be out of a job
-
jd9442
- Posts: 218
- Joined: 22 Apr 2017, 20:57
- Gender: Male
Do you bargain with your DOM with regards to OT pay?
I can do 7 bags and finish in time if not using a trolley.
If I use a trolley I can do 5.
7 bags is the full duty
Am I a lazy postman
Should I be able to say ‘sure I’ll take those 2 extra bags, pay me 5 hours’
If I use a trolley I can do 5.
7 bags is the full duty
Am I a lazy postman
Should I be able to say ‘sure I’ll take those 2 extra bags, pay me 5 hours’
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
Do you bargain with your DOM with regards to OT pay?
Did I call YOU lazy? Are you saying that there isn’t any posties that are lazy?jd9442 wrote:I can do 7 bags and finish in time if not using a trolley.
If I use a trolley I can do 5.
7 bags is the full duty
Am I a lazy postman
Should I be able to say ‘sure I’ll take those 2 extra bags, pay me 5 hours’
-
jd9442
- Posts: 218
- Joined: 22 Apr 2017, 20:57
- Gender: Male
Do you bargain with your DOM with regards to OT pay?
I reckon these lazy posties don’t use trolleys though.
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
Do you bargain with your DOM with regards to OT pay?
Eh?jd9442 wrote:I reckon these lazy posties don’t use trolleys though.
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Do you bargain with your DOM with regards to OT pay?
To be fair, there's early starting, non break having, no trolley using, doorstepping posties in my office who still manage to be completely useless. There's people working to rule who do the duties quicker than they do.jd9442 wrote:I reckon these lazy posties don’t use trolleys though.