ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Royal Mail 'extremely sorry' as customers battle huge queues at Hull depot

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Royal Mail 'extremely sorry' as customers battle huge queues at Hull depot

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hu ... rs-2304559" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Royal Mail has released a statement after dozens of people endured huge queues outside one of their Hull delivery offices.

Customers complained they were facing lengthy waits to pick up their parcels at the site in St Peter's Street on Friday morning.


The company has blamed a "major issue" with its internet connection for the delays.

Keith Rolley, 65, retired, who lives in Belvoir Street, said: “The queue was much worse this morning. There was people queuing up right outside the door in the cold.

"It was not a long of a wait this afternoon. I was in the queue for about 10 minutes. Although I wish they were serving tea and biscuits."

Another queueing customer, who did not wish to be named, said: “I came this morning but the queue was right out the door. I’ve come back about 3 or 4 times for this parcel because there’s always been a queue.

"Luckily it was my day off today and the queue wasn’t as bad so I stuck it out. I must have been there about 10 to 15 minutes.”

A Royal Mail spokeswoman said: “Unfortunately we have had a major issue with our internet connection in the Hull St Peter’s Street Office which meant that we were unable to properly process items of mail which were due to be collected by customers.

"We are extremely sorry for this and can only apologise to all our customers who had to wait to pick up mail.

"We worked very hard to keep the office open and serve customers. The issue is now resolved and we are back to working as normal.

"Anyone with any concerns should contact our customers services on 03475 740 740 or by our twitter account at @royalmail.”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Royal Mail 'extremely sorry' as customers battle huge queues at Hull depot

Post by maisymoo04 »

rrrrr keith ,you were in the cue for 10 whole mins :Boo hoo! :Boo hoo! :Boo hoo! :cuppa :cuppa
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

Royal Mail 'extremely sorry' as customers battle huge queues at Hull depot

Post by rambo1 »

No internet, or just no staff to book in packets??? I wonder.....
worktotime
Posts: 2866
Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
Gender: Male

Royal Mail 'extremely sorry' as customers battle huge queues at Hull depot

Post by worktotime »

no staff more like , Christmas on the cheap .
deltaforce
Posts: 778
Joined: 01 Jan 2009, 15:29
Gender: Male

Royal Mail 'extremely sorry' as customers battle huge queues at Hull depot

Post by deltaforce »

And I’ve no doubt the Delivery officer spent 10 minutes trying to find someone in , in the first place. Karma anyone?