ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Hours owed since going full time

Got a question for a CWU Rep? And all CWU related matters.
Chalky13
Posts: 155
Joined: 10 Nov 2018, 05:29
Gender: Male

Hours owed since going full time

Post by Chalky13 »

Still no reply
Chalky13
Posts: 155
Joined: 10 Nov 2018, 05:29
Gender: Male

Hours owed since going full time

Post by Chalky13 »

Latest news, HR stated it’s not the correct way to do it and nor is it a national issue! They asked who’s said it was... interesting to see what happens the next few days at work
catch22
Posts: 196
Joined: 22 Sep 2012, 21:12
Gender: Male

Hours owed since going full time

Post by catch22 »

This is very wrong.
You were told you were working 38 hours.
Your contract was only changed to 30
And you have not recieved the other 8 hours.
You are owed at least 80 hours. This is 800 that has been taken from you and you have been given a poor excuse.
Your manager is fiddling the books. And the union rep is loving it.
You are not likely to get your money from your manager because he is lieing. I bet the office statistics have gone up immensely in the last few months.
You need to go to his manager. Put in a grievance. From every member of staff who is in the boat now.
And also who voted for your union rep???
Really winds me up when the only person who wants to be a rep has no back bone. And no one else can be bothered to do the job.
Chalky13
Posts: 155
Joined: 10 Nov 2018, 05:29
Gender: Male

Hours owed since going full time

Post by Chalky13 »

Bizarrely the pay is now up to date, but we are still only on a 35 hr contract with 3hrs overtime paid each week!
It’s comical really, and seems the budget is being scrutinised by internals from RM higher up now.

Could be interesting soon
Chalky13
Posts: 155
Joined: 10 Nov 2018, 05:29
Gender: Male

Hours owed since going full time

Post by Chalky13 »

Do I spoke to HR yesterday as our RRIS and supplements still haven’t been paid at the correct since going from part time in September.

It sounds like it’s all a fiddle now. HR advised me that I am on a 35hr contract only over Xmas due to pressure, not because I have been made full time.

I get the distinct impression someone is now cooking the books with the budget!

Any more advice please? I’m currently waiting for an HR manager to call me to discuss this.
Chalky13
Posts: 155
Joined: 10 Nov 2018, 05:29
Gender: Male

Hours owed since going full time

Post by Chalky13 »

Spoke to HR, looks very dodgy now, they can’t believe what’s gone on
Chalky13
Posts: 155
Joined: 10 Nov 2018, 05:29
Gender: Male

Hours owed since going full time

Post by Chalky13 »

So the latest is

Offer is 35 he contract and 3 hr SA, reducing the SA amount each year.
Pro data for RRIS and supplements
I’ve said no, I’m entitled to a 38 hr contract and want that. They replied that the SA rate is about £4 a week more. But am I right in saying, the pay for 38 hr contact is the same as the 39 hr contract? Then 37, 36, 35 will be the same too as 39hr contract?

So if I get paid a 35hr contract now, I’ll be on less money in 3 years when the SA is removed completely?! Because I’m sure they won’t put my money up each year, as they remove the hr SA
mr hil.
Posts: 422
Joined: 19 Sep 2007, 18:22
Gender: Male

Hours owed since going full time

Post by mr hil. »

As far as I understood things since the last pay deal, all new full time contracts will be offered at 35 hours. These new contracts attract the full rate of any pro rata payments that we occasionally receive with the goal of reducing all full time contracts to 35 hours eventually. The offer of SA rates to cover the extra 3 hours required to complete the current work is generous because they could just pay the extra hours worked at normal overtime rates. Also the reduction in the extra SA hours to match the reduction in future contracted full time hours will not leave you out of pocket in any way.
rogersh
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1374
Joined: 26 Oct 2011, 11:31
Gender: Male

Hours owed since going full time

Post by rogersh »

mr hil. wrote:As far as I understood things since the last pay deal, all new full time contracts will be offered at 35 hours.
You understood correctly.
Edited from the Four Pillars Agreement
13. Shorter Working Week
New full time employees from October 2018, recruited either from existing employees or new recruits in the core OPG grade, will be on a 35 hour week at the current hourly basic pay rate with pro-rata allowances aligned to the current full-time conditioned hours. Additional hours performed through overtime or scheduled attendance for those employees on this new contract will  be paid at single rate overtime until the total hours worked align to that of our current full time contracted employees
Chalky13
Posts: 155
Joined: 10 Nov 2018, 05:29
Gender: Male

Hours owed since going full time

Post by Chalky13 »

I understand the 35hr contract from October. But we went full time in September, the contract was started then.
Navalron
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1044
Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
Gender: Male
Location: Glasgow

Hours owed since going full time

Post by Navalron »

This 35 hrs full-time is a con. It is STILL part time. As it states bonus/allowances ECT are still pro rata. It's just a way of making EVERYONE part time as the 38 he fulltime retire/leave as the hours will drop to 37 this year but won't go any further. :cuppa
rogersh
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1374
Joined: 26 Oct 2011, 11:31
Gender: Male

Hours owed since going full time

Post by rogersh »

Navalron wrote:This 35 hrs full-time is a con. It is STILL part time. As it states bonus/allowances ECT are still pro rata. It's just a way of making EVERYONE part time as the 38 he fulltime retire/leave as the hours will drop to 37 this year but won't go any further. :cuppa
I agree that until everyone who is currently on a 38 hour contract attains a 35 hour contract then, by definition, the 35 contract is part-time - as you are contracted to work fewer hours.
Chalky13
Posts: 155
Joined: 10 Nov 2018, 05:29
Gender: Male

Hours owed since going full time

Post by Chalky13 »

I’ve not accepted their answer at the moment, and have raised the grievance to stage 3. This was after a good chat with Assist and support today
rogersh
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1374
Joined: 26 Oct 2011, 11:31
Gender: Male

Hours owed since going full time

Post by rogersh »

Chalky13 wrote:Do I spoke to HR yesterday as our RRIS and supplements still haven’t been paid at the correct since going from part time in September.

It sounds like it’s all a fiddle now. HR advised me that I am on a 35hr contract only over Xmas due to pressure, not because I have been made full time.

I get the distinct impression someone is now cooking the books with the budget!

Any more advice please? I’m currently waiting for an HR manager to call me to discuss this.
On reading your post again "HR advised me that I am on a 35hr contract only over Xmas due to pressure, not because I have been made full time."

This response from HR does not appear credible as I believe Xmas pressure ran 4 weeks - last week November until end of December - You stated you were offered 38 (39) hour contract commencing on 3rd September although (not unusually) you did not receive a contract straight away.
Your previous post also stated "...the EGR (?) has been put through..." If this was ECR (employee change request) - was their a sent/received written record of this ?

These discrepancies need clarification from all concerned.
Chalky13
Posts: 155
Joined: 10 Nov 2018, 05:29
Gender: Male

Hours owed since going full time

Post by Chalky13 »

I agree. It’s a complete balls up.

The “truth” as far as I can get now is this. Evidence wise, I have a photo of the seniority list which is dated August 31st, and by my name it says 39 hours.

We were put onto a full time 39hr contract in September. Due to BS and delays it wasn’t put through on the ECR. When we started getting 35 + 3 in December, we were told the ECR had gone through and we were then battling to get the contract reinstated correctly to 38 hrs full time.

HR advised me that no ECR had gone in and that we were on Xmas pressure contract hours, so then the week after Xmas we dropped to 30hrs again.

We’d been told earlier before December by the union rep the ECR was being processed and we’d have the contract at 35 + 3, which we didn’t accept

As it stands, we’ve been told that the ECR is going through at 35 + 3 now and should be compete in 2-3 weeks. Again, we don’t accept that.

I’ve now spoken directly to Assist & Support on 3 occasions and they advise this is all wrong. They’ve confirmed the grievance process for me, which hasn’t been followed by the DOM or union rep, and it’s now at a Stage 3 grievance. However the DOM leaves Thursday and has already told me that because this started before he arrived in late October, that it should be passed to the old DOM!
So he’s basically passing the buck.

I’ve told him that as it’s at stage 3, if it isn’t resolved this week with a written response, then I will pass everything to ACAS to investigate, or I can ask for a new union rep to get involved from HQ, as I don’t believe ours is doing his job properly anymore.