ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Christmas Bonus

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
yellowbelly
Posts: 3730
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
Gender: Male

Christmas Bonus

Post by yellowbelly »

clashcityrocker wrote:I thought this is how it works:
The Christmas bonus isn't £200 it is two separate lots of £100 each.
One of them is pro rated to your contracted hours and the other isn't. It is related to the actual hours worked.
If a part timer does full time hours over the Christmas pressure then they will get pro rata for the £100 xmas bonus but the full £100 of the other, but it won't get paid fully until January.
So a 25 hour contract p/t who works overtime to make up the full time hours will get about £166.(eventually)
If the contract is varied for the xmas pressure to 38 hours then they get the full 2 x £100.
Almost -

One bonus is dependent on your contracted hours (pro-rata for PT) but if the PT'er gets a temporary contract variation up to FT during Xmas
period then they'll get the full bonus.

The second bonus is again based upon your contracted hours but depending on how many hours above your contracted hours at the standard rate
you've worked throughout the year (not Xmas) you will get an additional payment in January (this is from this year's Christmas arrangements document):
The separate payment of £100 (pro rata for PT and 35hr full time employees) agreed in the
National Joint Statement - New Incentive Arrangements June 2012 will also be paid on
Friday, 21st December. As in previous years, any necessary top up payments for Part Time
or 35 hr Full time employees will be made in January 2019 in accordance with the actual
hours worked at standard rate, beyond contractual during 2018.
Chupacabra74
Posts: 52
Joined: 08 Jul 2017, 17:15
Gender: Male

Christmas Bonus

Post by Chupacabra74 »

Does anyone know what date you have to temporarily moved up in hours to qualify for it?
rogersh
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1374
Joined: 26 Oct 2011, 11:31
Gender: Male

Christmas Bonus

Post by rogersh »

Danielson1974 wrote:Does anyone know what date you have to temporarily moved up in hours to qualify for it?
25 November I believe. Edit Monday 26 November as TBT wrote at start of topic.
thecoffeehouse204
Posts: 30
Joined: 06 Oct 2009, 17:56
Gender: Female

Christmas Bonus

Post by thecoffeehouse204 »

Does anyone know what the eligibility criteria is? My husband is currently off following an operation, does this mean he won't get the bonus?
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Christmas Bonus

Post by aiden01 »

thecoffeehouse204 wrote:Does anyone know what the eligibility criteria is? My husband is currently off following an operation, does this mean he won't get the bonus?
If he is getting full sick pay he will get full bonus that he is entitled to.
HTPostman
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1509
Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 23:53
Gender: Male

Christmas Bonus

Post by HTPostman »

Bit confused about the bonus and the free stamps - do I still get them even though ive only been in the job 2 months and so am still in my probation period.

Been told by a few colleagues I won't get the stamps and/or the bonus but feel some of them are pulling my leg.
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.

526
DrSatan
Posts: 144
Joined: 23 Jun 2017, 19:11
Gender: Male

Christmas Bonus

Post by DrSatan »

HTPostman wrote:Bit confused about the bonus and the free stamps - do I still get them even though ive only been in the job 2 months and so am still in my probation period.

Been told by a few colleagues I won't get the stamps and/or the bonus but feel some of them are pulling my leg.
You should have the stamps by now if your getting them. You'll find out in two weeks if you get a bonus or not.
thecoffeehouse204
Posts: 30
Joined: 06 Oct 2009, 17:56
Gender: Female

Christmas Bonus

Post by thecoffeehouse204 »

aiden01 wrote:
thecoffeehouse204 wrote:Does anyone know what the eligibility criteria is? My husband is currently off following an operation, does this mean he won't get the bonus?
If he is getting full sick pay he will get full bonus that he is entitled to.
Thanks for that, hoping it'll be ok then, thought I remembered that any time off sick over Christmas pressure meant the bonus was forfeited.
p5aul789
Posts: 59
Joined: 18 Sep 2012, 10:03
Gender: Male

Christmas Bonus

Post by p5aul789 »

What's this about a Christmas Bonus? I've never received this! All I get each year is fifty lousy stamps.

Does this have anything to do with the fact that I'm a part timer only working 25 hours a week?

Someone please enlighten me?
jd9442
Posts: 218
Joined: 22 Apr 2017, 20:57
Gender: Male

Christmas Bonus

Post by jd9442 »

p5aul789 wrote:What's this about a Christmas Bonus? I've never received this! All I get each year is fifty lousy stamps.

Does this have anything to do with the fact that I'm a part timer only working 25 hours a week?

Someone please enlighten me?
Struggle to believe this is the first time you’ve heard of the Xmas bonus
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Christmas Bonus

Post by aiden01 »

p5aul789 wrote:What's this about a Christmas Bonus? I've never received this! All I get each year is fifty lousy stamps.

Does this have anything to do with the fact that I'm a part timer only working 25 hours a week?

Someone please enlighten me?
You have never received a christmas bonus :hmmmm :hmmmm
yellowbelly
Posts: 3730
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
Gender: Male

Christmas Bonus

Post by yellowbelly »

p5aul789 wrote:What's this about a Christmas Bonus? I've never received this! All I get each year is fifty lousy stamps.

Does this have anything to do with the fact that I'm a part timer only working 25 hours a week?

Someone please enlighten me?
If you have last year's pay statements check your December pay statement (38/2018, payment date 22/12/2017) to see if you got the bonuses (pro rata for 25 hours
it would have been listed as two lots of 64.10 (approx before tax) listed on your pay chit as Xmas Bonus (CWU) and Incentive Underpin Payment.

Then in January you might have got an Incentive Underpin Payment top up (42/2018, payment date 19/01/2018).