ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Happy Days....I'm Out.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
tommyrep
Posts: 561
Joined: 28 Feb 2012, 21:57
Gender: Male

Happy Days....I'm Out.

Post by tommyrep »

rubberbond wrote:
hothothot wrote:What's wrong with wishing somebody a happy retirement.
Nothing whatsoever indeed it's common courtesy.
My point was that if you've left the job, claim not to miss it , why bother keeping up to date on a site like this?
Does not mean you have to lose interest in what is going on with ex colleagues.
Hoping they may stand by each other more ? Hoping they might eventually "Grow" a pair and a strong backbone and maybe - just maybe eventually take a stand against all the bullying/ harassment/intimidation handed out on a daily bases against his ex workmates?, by an evil vindictive management regime that is operated by RM. Hoping the Union will start supporting members rather than them being left to dogs.
The forum is open to all, even all retired, Ex or sacked staff, they are all entitled to express an opinion.
Keeping up to date and hoping that things will improve for those forced to endure an often unfair working life is to be appreciated! Unlike many selfish posties still in post that think only of themselves- and there lies the biggest problem faced by all OPGs in delivery. No need for brutal management tactics with so many back stabbing " colleagues " !
On reflection he will/may be glad to have left a rat race job, and is maybe " gloating " ever so slightly. .??
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Happy Days....I'm Out.

Post by robbertwhitton »

I salute you my friend,enjoy,enjoy enjoy,am desperate to get out after 36 years,waiting and begging for evr should it come,love my customers on my rural delivery,but management haven’t a clue and say it’s not the job for me anymore,fine let me go then,
stroller
Posts: 127
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 17:31
Gender: Male

Happy Days....I'm Out.

Post by stroller »

robbertwhitton,

I hope you eventually get EVR I have seen from your posts for a while now that you want out, when was the last time somebody went through EVR in your office?
blue1873
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 8906
Joined: 16 Feb 2010, 17:50
Gender: Male

Happy Days....I'm Out.

Post by blue1873 »

robbertwhitton wrote:I salute you my friend,enjoy,enjoy enjoy,am desperate to get out after 36 years,waiting and begging for evr should it come,love my customers on my rural delivery,but management haven’t a clue and say it’s not the job for me anymore,fine let me go then,
Hope you get your wish soon "robertwhitton" agree with your sentiments, we had a guy work with us a good few years ago
whose catchphrase was "the job's f**ked" four or five times a shift you'd here him say it and we'd all laugh :Very Happy :Very Happy
...it was funny...then.....
it's not funny now he was right even back then "the job's f**ked bigtime :thumbdown :thumbdown
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

Happy Days....I'm Out.

Post by Brandy »

tommyrep wrote:
rubberbond wrote:
hothothot wrote:What's wrong with wishing somebody a happy retirement.
Nothing whatsoever indeed it's common courtesy.
My point was that if you've left the job, claim not to miss it , why bother keeping up to date on a site like this?
Does not mean you have to lose interest in what is going on with ex colleagues.
Hoping they may stand by each other more ? Hoping they might eventually "Grow" a pair and a strong backbone and maybe - just maybe eventually take a stand against all the bullying/ harassment/intimidation handed out on a daily bases against his ex workmates?, by an evil vindictive management regime that is operated by RM. Hoping the Union will start supporting members rather than them being left to dogs.
The forum is open to all, even all retired, Ex or sacked staff, they are all entitled to express an opinion.
Keeping up to date and hoping that things will improve for those forced to endure an often unfair working life is to be appreciated! Unlike many selfish posties still in post that think only of themselves- and there lies the biggest problem faced by all OPGs in delivery. No need for brutal management tactics with so many back stabbing " colleagues " !
On reflection he will/may be glad to have left a rat race job, and is maybe " gloating " ever so slightly. .??
Totally agree with what you say,and I wish all posties who leave all the best,enjoy your freedom and good luck to all current posties.
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

Happy Days....I'm Out.

Post by Brandy »

robbertwhitton wrote:I salute you my friend,enjoy,enjoy enjoy,am desperate to get out after 36 years,waiting and begging for evr should it come,love my customers on my rural delivery,but management haven’t a clue and say it’s not the job for me anymore,fine let me go then,
I think its an utter disgrace that management speak to you like that,what a way to repay such loyalty,I hope you get your wish then stick two fingers up at them.
NWpostie
Posts: 3620
Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
Gender: Male
Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9

Happy Days....I'm Out.

Post by NWpostie »

rubberbond wrote:
hothothot wrote:What's wrong with wishing somebody a happy retirement.
Nothing whatsoever indeed it's common courtesy.
My point was that if you've left the job, claim not to miss it , why bother keeping up to date on a site like this?
The site is for sharing ideas, news, advice and passing on your experience particularly those approaching retirement age.
So think ex posties do have a relevance on this site per se.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
postiewhite
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 619
Joined: 23 Jul 2013, 18:38
Gender: Male

Happy Days....I'm Out.

Post by postiewhite »

Good luck buddy!!. Im 45 and I have 20 plus years left in the job. Im really not looking forward to walking the winter streets when im in my mid 50s though although I still feel fairly fit now. Has anyone opted to working in the mail centres in their "autumn working years"?? Im on a 30hr contract and not sure if this is ever possible and if so would it be 5 days of awkward shifts including weekends?
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Happy Days....I'm Out.

Post by robbertwhitton »

stroller wrote:robbertwhitton,

I hope you eventually get EVR I have seen from your posts for a while now that you want out, when was the last time somebody went through EVR in your office?
2=went some5/6 years ago,keep asking the boss what the plans are for the office,ie make another part time duty,I’m senior and next to go but either he doesn’t know or doesn’t ask ,but would happily go,ive had my pension and find the managerial set up not having our interest at heart not one bit
stourpostie
Posts: 6
Joined: 07 Mar 2017, 13:38
Gender: Male

Happy Days....I'm Out.

Post by stourpostie »

Good for you , i started in 1990 did not realise at the time how good it was back then . If i had only just started now dont think i would last for more than a week !
got another 9 years to go until im 60 ,god knows how im going to last until then !!
blue1873
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 8906
Joined: 16 Feb 2010, 17:50
Gender: Male

Happy Days....I'm Out.

Post by blue1873 »

Thanks everyone for your good wishes. Wishing everyone a Cool Yule
and a Happy and Prosperous New Year :thumbup :thumbup
And finally "Dont let the barstewards grind you down" :no no :no no