ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Suicide

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Mobey
Posts: 291
Joined: 26 Jul 2016, 11:54
Gender: Male

Suicide

Post by Mobey »

My feet are on fire wrote:Struggling with PTSD and have done for a few years. Try to hide it as much as possible because I'm very embarrassed by it. Attempted 5 years ago.
Drop me a message buddy.




You're not any less of a person if you seek help, talk to someone, gp etc or a colleague or family member. If you see someone struggling out and about on delivery or look worried I'm their own thoughts, stop and ask them if they're okay. You could save their life. Ask them about anything. You don't have to be trained in it. If you've ever been really low to the point where you want to end it? Then you'll understand what I mean, but if you don't you can help someone.

Some numbers for you all:

Feeling first class: 0800-6888777

Samaritans: 116123 - there is a mobile number but they're trialling it.

Your GP! If you are feeling suicidal, make sure you tell them that. Try not to go to A&E if you can help it.

SANEline - 0300 304 7000 4.30pm – 10.30pm daily. The following does help if you're feeling isolated... http://www.sane.org.uk/what_we_do/support/textcare" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; it's quite a nice touch. I've had it before.

Time to Change General:
Email: info@time-to-change.org.uk
Tel: 020 8215 2356

Article about suicide: https://qz.com/1184514/i-jumped-off-the" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... ed-me/amp/

One key paragraph in this article:

If someone had intervened that day, things would have absolutely been different. Due to my psychosis on that day, I could not say aloud “I need help now.” Yet, I desperately wanted someone to say to me, “Are you OK? Is something wrong?” or “Can I help you?”

Had any one of the hundreds of passersby engaged with me, it would have given me permission to share my darkness, and potentially have showed me that I had the ability on that day to choose life.


To those who say man up, lighten up or pull yourself together need to buck their ideas up!

If anyone ever wants a chat, PM me and I'll get back to you.