our office gets an email in the morning with a list of LATs (postcodes and Tracking number) printed out and given to the LAT driver.
Often the york comes over with different tracked in, extra or some missing. MORE often they try and give you a load of stuff missed from the office that day, basically mop up.
Spend the evening stuck in traffic covering big areas and then questioned why its taking you so long. The thing that gets me is sometimes there is like 12Lats for example but they wanna give you work to last the 5 hours (which obviously is fine on paper) but not when everyone else goes home early sats / mon and tuesday and doesnt need to make that time up or ghoats their OT?
Part timers constantly getting leaned on with the carrot of more hours etc. its shite.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
LATs route planning?
-
wheresmygiro?
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 18
- Joined: 19 Dec 2010, 20:06
- Gender: Male
-
WhiteMoses
- Posts: 27
- Joined: 19 Sep 2018, 21:37
- Gender: Male
LATs route planning?
Hi girls and boys. I'm on a 24h contract..I've spoke with my union rep asking maybe he can do some tricks and to put me on full time ( or at least 30h for mortgage purposes) but he said is really hard to get more hours on contract now...I don't get it...I can do it...I want to do it...and they ( managers) know that. I heard about LAT's thing. Those 8h/ week will be added to my contract? I'm thinking to get into this as I was a delivery driver before and I know very well how to plan my deliveries.I will have a word tomorrow ( 19.11) with one of the managers about LAT's but I wanted to have an Ace in my sleeve ( just knowing some things about LAT's which I don't) thank you and have and easy ( hard to say) week. Cheerio