royalmailslave wrote:I personally think that anyone who takes their own life if they have children are very selfish and cowardly,my comments are not aimed at starting a big argument and I know some will agree but many wont,it's just what I think.
The effect on children will most likely be realised and thus be a further burden that sadly might make suicide that bit more likely.
I heard that the London nurse recently in the news was a devout Catholic so imagine her anguish at commiting the most serious of sins, the one for which forgiveness could never be given.
royalmailslave wrote:I personally think that anyone who takes their own life if they have children are very selfish and cowardly,my comments are not aimed at starting a big argument and I know some will agree but many wont,it's just what I think.
The effect on children will most likely be realised and thus be a further burden that sadly might make suicide that bit more likely.
I heard that the London nurse recently in the news was a devout Catholic so imagine her anguish at commiting the most serious of sins, the one for which forgiveness could never be given.
Yes, it is stupid, cowardly and selfish, but if you're contemplating taking your own life- which goes against everything your body wants you to do- then it's not as if you're in a great frame of mind to be thinking rationally, is it? Noone in their right mind would take their own life. 'Pun' intended.
No its not stupid,cowardly or selfish to take your own life,do you know whats going on in a persons mind when they are thinking about it,sometimes it can seem the most sensible thing in the world,just because you have been lucky and not suffered from depression don't ridicule other people,was that woman who drove to the layby on the a47 and poured petrol over her and her special needs daughter that had been bullied relentlessly was she selfish,cowardly or stupid.Was the lad that I found who's rope had snapped once and had wrote suicide notes out a week before walking miles to the woods where I found him was he stupid or cowardly?
A suicide is all about what is going on in their mind, how unhappy they are, how they can't carry on. Are they committing suicide to help anyone else? Oh course they aren't, how could it possible help anyone. All it causes for other people; friends, lovers, aquatences, is grief, sorrow, and pain. And thus by definition, it is a purely selfish act.
Redyam wrote:A suicide is all about what is going on in their mind, how unhappy they are, how they can't carry on. Are they committing suicide to help anyone else? Oh course they aren't, how could it possible help anyone. All it causes for other people; friends, lovers, aquatences, is grief, sorrow, and pain. And thus by definition, it is a purely selfish act.
What I am saying is when people are that broken and depressed they imagine that everybody will be better off without them,they blame themselves for all the things that have gone wrong with the world around them so you are looking at it from a normal persons position,to a person who is in the state I describe it is anything but a selfish act.It takes a hell of a lot of courage to walk away from your home with a length of rope,chose a tree and then hang yourself.
Why the hell is this ever being discussed for such a caring company like ROYAL MAIL is their not something wrong with the way we now work and the very culture of the BUISNESS and it's leadership.?
leolion855 wrote:same as any other day, hoping i dont wake up, coping if i do.
Do consider the impact that would have on friends and family. For what it's worth I'm still trying to come to terms wih my cousin taking his own life over 20 years ago.
leolion855 wrote:same as any other day, hoping i dont wake up, coping if i do.
Do consider the impact that would have on friends and family. For what it's worth I'm still trying to come to terms wih my cousin taking his own life over 20 years ago.
dont think id do it, but doesnt mean i dont hope it will happen.
When you suffer with depression nothing seems to be worth staying around for , that includes your family.Yes it's a crazy situation when you think about it from a better place but when your down in the black hole of depression then nothing makes sense ....that's how it WAS for me . I feel much better now but it's a situation many are in as proven in this thread .
Get help and be open about your feelings
My feet are on fire wrote:Struggling with PTSD and have done for a few years. Try to hide it as much as possible because I'm very embarrassed by it. Attempted 5 years ago.
Have you thought about getting counselling or something to help with this? Might be worth considering. Good luck.