noggin1969 wrote:Had several for the same house from the same company using the same bar code , whether they're duplicated item by mistake at the picking warehouse not sure as they were different sized boxes
It's a attempt to avoid paying the postage. Let your DOM know the details on the postage labels.
Or one order that doesn't quite fit in the packaging or box the sender has selected ??? I've been told by a manager to scan each one and allocate it separately. This gives an element of clarity if either the recipient, sender or Royal Mail need to challenge the order ???
Nah won't be that. It's either a computer error or done on purpose. Another way to clear it up is to get the DOM to scan the additional copies on separate PDAs. They will be charged the correct amount then .
How? - won't it just look like the same package has been scanned three times?
in the turmoil of pre-Xmas I can't imagine anybody having the time or inclination to follow this up......they can't be bothered in the summer
never mind in the Xmas build up.
noggin1969 wrote:Had several for the same house from the same company using the same bar code , whether they're duplicated item by mistake at the picking warehouse not sure as they were different sized boxes
It's a attempt to avoid paying the postage. Let your DOM know the details on the postage labels.
Or one order that doesn't quite fit in the packaging or box the sender has selected ??? I've been told by a manager to scan each one and allocate it separately. This gives an element of clarity if either the recipient, sender or Royal Mail need to challenge the order ???
Nah won't be that. It's either a computer error or done on purpose. Another way to clear it up is to get the DOM to scan the additional copies on separate PDAs. They will be charged the correct amount then .
How? - won't it just look like the same package has been scanned three times?
in the turmoil of pre-Xmas I can't imagine anybody having the time or inclination to follow this up......they can't be bothered in the summer
never mind in the Xmas build up.
It doesn't happen very often. I my experience when it does it is usually heavy items eg pet food, garden fertilizer etc so they are potentially saving a lot of money in postal charges if they get away with it. Quite often they are tracked items too.
Regarding scanning on multiple PDAs this is meant to get the items registered on the system & the postage paid as they would be sent in different sessions. Alternatively the DOM can forward the details to the relevant RM department by email and they can sort it out.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
I noticed this a few years back and flagged it with a DOM - nothing was done about it.
I have noticed it happening more and more these days (something like 5 times a week) but due to various factors (not having the time/forgetting to say/zero confidence on anything being done about it) I don't even report it.
Given the extra things we have to do in less time these days, are we now expected to be revenue protection as well?