LaggyBand wrote:People alway?say “surprising for such a big company” but at the end of the day it’s one bloke trying to keep his job secure / earn more money at the expense of yours.
This will all be solved once PDA tracking is rolled out full swing as originally intended, brought indoors too, sign in / sign out function on PDA, “why are you late” function, pick the option, automatic strike system not requiring human input, automatic logging of overtime through PDA, “you are working beyond your finish time do you wish to continue on overtime yes or no”, integrated with payment system again not requiring human input, goodbye ghost overtime, goodbye deals, goodbye 552...
That would require a fully charged pda sat on your frame waiting for you when you get to work. Who's gonna put all those out in an office of say, 200 workers? I ain't getting to work 20 mins early to queue for my pda so I can log in as starting on time. Is the battery gonna last for a full 9 hrs?
A tiny and hopeful hurdle. Describe PDA actuals to a postie ten years ago and you’d be told it’ll never happen.
Unless they watched Tomorrow's World. In particular, the episode where they picked PDAs from spaghetti trees, smothered them in jam and bunged them in a betamax. Or something.
WhiteMoses wrote:All this "moaning" which wasn't a moan ( just asking for my hours and to be paid accordingly had some repercussions. Obviously a few chaps in my office found out about the "mistake" and managers found out about that thing.so they have moved me from my usual walk and put me on the most complex walk. Dodgy move...they kept asked me if I can do overtime to help them...I'm very helpful...but not stupid...so every time I said that I can't today...I've seen the next week rota and they put me back on my walk.haha
Don't these Idiots make you laugh? And they're meant to be "Professional Managers" Whenever you catch them out at some Dodgy Trick, or make them look a fool, they always seem to react like a spoilt child. Glad you sorted your OT, once they realise you're not a mug they should hopefully let you get on with doing your job.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)