But what if you didn't know it was compulsory?. I will be honest I've been in this job for 5 years, if it wasnt for this site I wouldn't of have a clue. So if I had a accident carrying a bag how can they blame me?.TheTrolleyMan wrote:Isn't using a LWT trolley compulsory/ part of the 4 pillars agreement ?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Door to Doors
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
Door to Doors
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Door to Doors
CPTNemoUK wrote:But what if you didn't know it was compulsory?. I will be honest I've been in this job for 5 years, if it wasnt for this site I wouldn't of have a clue. So if I had a accident carrying a bag how can they blame me?.TheTrolleyMan wrote:Isn't using a LWT trolley compulsory/ part of the 4 pillars agreement ?
They'll probably point at the walk log which should state what equipment should be used. If it doesn't your case may be a little stronger.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
crimson king
- Posts: 783
- Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
- Gender: Male
Door to Doors
Great question. Our work place coach doesn't even have one in their van to show trainees, let alone use one themselves.CPTNemoUK wrote:But what if you didn't know it was compulsory?. I will be honest I've been in this job for 5 years, if it wasnt for this site I wouldn't of have a clue. So if I had a accident carrying a bag how can they blame me?.TheTrolleyMan wrote:Isn't using a LWT trolley compulsory/ part of the 4 pillars agreement ?
Compulsory? We have a scrap heap of busted lwts in the corner of the yard and I reckon serving police can get a gun acquisitioned easier than we can get a new lwt issued. I found a newish one that someone discarded and I've even considered taking it home with me on days off because it's such a rarity.
I've never worked with another postie who's used an lwt before, but I've worked with many who complain of bad feet, knees, shoulders and backs.
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Door to Doors
no limit to d2d weight, but theres limit to bag weights.....
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
Door to Doors
Got asked about a year ago to fill in all the hazards on my walk so they can put a walk log together. Still not got one and never seen one. There is about 100 walks at my office and I will be happy to bet on that every one of them will be at least 4 years out of date or not even got one like me.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:CPTNemoUK wrote:But what if you didn't know it was compulsory?. I will be honest I've been in this job for 5 years, if it wasnt for this site I wouldn't of have a clue. So if I had a accident carrying a bag how can they blame me?.TheTrolleyMan wrote:Isn't using a LWT trolley compulsory/ part of the 4 pillars agreement ?
They'll probably point at the walk log which should state what equipment should be used. If it doesn't your case may be a little stronger.