ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

20 hrs missing on payslip

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
WhiteMoses
Posts: 27
Joined: 19 Sep 2018, 21:37
Gender: Male

20 hrs missing on payslip

Post by WhiteMoses »

Might sound a stupid question...but what is RMDCP MIN EE on my deductions? Is £6.15
DrSatan
Posts: 144
Joined: 23 Jun 2017, 19:11
Gender: Male

20 hrs missing on payslip

Post by DrSatan »

WhiteMoses wrote:Might sound a stupid question...but what is RMDCP MIN EE on my deductions? Is £6.15
Your pension contribution
WhiteMoses
Posts: 27
Joined: 19 Sep 2018, 21:37
Gender: Male

20 hrs missing on payslip

Post by WhiteMoses »

Thanks Dr
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

20 hrs missing on payslip

Post by rambo1 »

LaggyBand wrote:People alway?say “surprising for such a big company” but at the end of the day it’s one bloke trying to keep his job secure / earn more money at the expense of yours.

This will all be solved once PDA tracking is rolled out full swing as originally intended, brought indoors too, sign in / sign out function on PDA, “why are you late” function, pick the option, automatic strike system not requiring human input, automatic logging of overtime through PDA, “you are working beyond your finish time do you wish to continue on overtime yes or no”, integrated with payment system again not requiring human input, goodbye ghost overtime, goodbye deals, goodbye 552...
That would require a fully charged pda sat on your frame waiting for you when you get to work. Who's gonna put all those out in an office of say, 200 workers? I ain't getting to work 20 mins early to queue for my pda so I can log in as starting on time. Is the battery gonna last for a full 9 hrs?
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12196
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

20 hrs missing on payslip

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Some of it might have been entered into PSP too late in the week to make the deadline for the payroll for Friday (think the deadline is sometime during Tuesday to be run during when the payroll is run Thursday night/Friday morning
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

20 hrs missing on payslip

Post by Seymour Buts »

Seeing stuff like this makes me wonder if I get paid my hours :hmmmm

I do that much overtime I totally forget what I've done. Plus I still don't understand it all. Sa first 10 and all that.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

20 hrs missing on payslip

Post by Dorset Plodder »

postietom wrote:Seeing stuff like this makes me wonder if I get paid my hours :hmmmm

I do that much overtime I totally forget what I've done. Plus I still don't understand it all. Sa first 10 and all that.
You need to get a diary and record your start & finish times every day. You've really got to keep track of your hours, and them compare them the following week with your payslip. I use an "Idiots Guide" to help me work out my overtime. Get one of those coloured cards from the cages, write your start time, what time your duty finishes & what time your Meal Relief would start (if you're in the habit of not taking it). :shock:

Start Time: 0600.......................................... Start Time: 0615 ................................................. Start Time: 0630

Finish Time: 1335 ...................................... Finish Time: 1350 .............................................. Finish Time: 1405

MR Starts: 1255 ........................................... MR Starts: 1310 ................................................. MR Starts: 1325


These cover my usual starting times (depending on the day/weight of mail/how many households). Once you hit your Finish time you know you're into Overtime, if you've not taken your Meal Relief (I know a lot of posties don't :no no ) then your Overtime starts once you hit the MR start time. This helps me not to get too confused :crazy: I'll jot down what time I should be finishing before I start delivery, and then when I've finished I've only got to work out how much time is "Over" my finish time. Hope it helps. :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
Jamiechelt
Posts: 74
Joined: 16 Feb 2018, 19:35
Gender: Male

20 hrs missing on payslip

Post by Jamiechelt »

I need the overtime but if they messed up on even a quarter of that scale I wouldn't do another minute.
Archimedes89
Posts: 1
Joined: 07 Nov 2018, 11:35
Gender: Male

20 hrs missing on payslip

Post by Archimedes89 »

WhiteMoses wrote:Hello girls and boys. I worked really hard last week as I needed some extra money ( soon father to be so I need all the money in the world) . Worked 6 days. The managers told me to come 30 min -45 min earlier than usual ( on rota) as I was double prepping...plus every day at least 2 hours overtime . Just to find out today ( payslip) I was paid normal ( 24 hours / week plus 10 h/ OT....what should I do? Thanks

Out of interest, how much do you earn doing your usual 24 hours plus 10 overtime ?
WhiteMoses
Posts: 27
Joined: 19 Sep 2018, 21:37
Gender: Male

20 hrs missing on payslip

Post by WhiteMoses »

Archimede89 24h(basic pay £246.08). Delivery supplement £15.89. weekday overtime 10.09 hrs £110.79 .total of £372.76 before taxes. I'm so nervous for tomorrows payslip...last week I had 44h worked + 20h ( their "mistake") ...I'm so go on with a grievance if I don't have all the hours this week
WhiteMoses
Posts: 27
Joined: 19 Sep 2018, 21:37
Gender: Male

20 hrs missing on payslip

Post by WhiteMoses »

I've been paid full amount. Those 20h have been put on this week's wage.Happy days.
I have on my payslip another 2 new things which I don't know what it means.
PSE Adj RMDCP MIN -( MINUS) £7.38
And
Arrears of PSE RMDCP MIN -( minus) £6.15
I understand that has something to do with my pension. This 2 things are in my payment side.not on deductions
leolion855
Posts: 641
Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:41
Gender: Male

20 hrs missing on payslip

Post by leolion855 »

extra pension payments due to the amount of overtime
WhiteMoses
Posts: 27
Joined: 19 Sep 2018, 21:37
Gender: Male

20 hrs missing on payslip

Post by WhiteMoses »

Cheers Leo
WhiteMoses
Posts: 27
Joined: 19 Sep 2018, 21:37
Gender: Male

20 hrs missing on payslip

Post by WhiteMoses »

All this "moaning" which wasn't a moan ( just asking for my hours and to be paid accordingly had some repercussions. Obviously a few chaps in my office found out about the "mistake" and managers found out about that thing.so they have moved me from my usual walk and put me on the most complex walk. Dodgy move...they kept asked me if I can do overtime to help them...I'm very helpful...but not stupid...so every time I said that I can't today...I've seen the next week rota and they put me back on my walk.haha
LaggyBand
Posts: 1065
Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
Gender: Male

20 hrs missing on payslip

Post by LaggyBand »

rambo1 wrote:
LaggyBand wrote:People alway?say “surprising for such a big company” but at the end of the day it’s one bloke trying to keep his job secure / earn more money at the expense of yours.

This will all be solved once PDA tracking is rolled out full swing as originally intended, brought indoors too, sign in / sign out function on PDA, “why are you late” function, pick the option, automatic strike system not requiring human input, automatic logging of overtime through PDA, “you are working beyond your finish time do you wish to continue on overtime yes or no”, integrated with payment system again not requiring human input, goodbye ghost overtime, goodbye deals, goodbye 552...
That would require a fully charged pda sat on your frame waiting for you when you get to work. Who's gonna put all those out in an office of say, 200 workers? I ain't getting to work 20 mins early to queue for my pda so I can log in as starting on time. Is the battery gonna last for a full 9 hrs?
A tiny and hopeful hurdle. Describe PDA actuals to a postie ten years ago and you’d be told it’ll never happen.