ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Trying to leave within my first month.
-
97gaz
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1023
- Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
- Gender: Male
Trying to leave within my first month.
[
Last edited by 97gaz on 14 Dec 2019, 14:25, edited 1 time in total.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16711
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Trying to leave within my first month.
I think all new starts should be put on a half walk for the first 6 weeks to enable them to become fully acquainted with all aspects of the delivery role and allow their bodies to adapt to the physical workload.97gaz wrote:can you explain the point to me then? Exactly what change would you like to see to these outdated practices?Dryfox wrote: Still missing the point. This outdated way of working should have been abolished under the Equality Act of 2010.
I think there also needs to be clear direction from the top that seniority is not to be used for annual leave allocation.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
Dryfox
- Posts: 10
- Joined: 23 Jul 2018, 12:25
- Gender: Male
Trying to leave within my first month.
Really pleased that you have at least acknowledged them as 'outdated practices'.97gaz wrote: can you explain the point to me then? Exactly what change would you like to see to these outdated practices?
-
97gaz
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1023
- Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
- Gender: Male
Trying to leave within my first month.
[
Last edited by 97gaz on 14 Dec 2019, 14:25, edited 1 time in total.
-
Woody Guthrie
- Posts: 5166
- Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Trying to leave within my first month.
Line managers are overpaid.postietom wrote:Overpaid? Linos make less than I do with the overtime I do. Useless many may be, but overpaid they aint!
A line manager has three aspects to their role.
1. Security guard.
2. Trolley collection.
3. Admin Assistant.
Bearing in mind they are all part-time roles what's the going rate for those jobs outside Royal Mail?
Only dead fish follow the current
-
crimson king
- Posts: 783
- Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
- Gender: Male
Trying to leave within my first month.
Woody Guthrie wrote:Line managers are overpaid.postietom wrote:Overpaid? Linos make less than I do with the overtime I do. Useless many may be, but overpaid they aint!
A line manager has three aspects to their role.
1. Security guard.
2. Trolley collection.
3. Admin Assistant.
Bearing in mind they are all part-time roles what's the going rate for those jobs outside Royal Mail?
This made me smile I shall keep this in mind the next time I'm being 'leaned on' to compete or lapse
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.