ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
8 sets next week!
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
8 sets next week!
When RM comes out with figures stating whatever statistic is a percentage down or up you have to remember that is an average figure. This means in one part of the country there may have been no change but another area may have had an increase or decrease. RM treat these statistics as if everything is happening everywhere in an identical manner. Personally I take much of what they come out with dosed with a hefty pinch of salt.
I think GDPR has probably had a negative effect on the business and September onwards has not seemed quite as busy as the usual wall of mail we have had in previous years. Nevertheless if I add up all the time I am working and add in the 40 minute break that I don't feel I have the time to take this will usually end up equal to and more often more than my duty hours. On the one hand the amount of letters may have dropped but on the other side of the equation we have had absorption, lapsing, and more delivery points from house building and/or more delivery points from walks being removed. On top of this we have even more changes such as a steady increase in parcels, EU rules allowing countries that are not developing countries such as China to get nearly cost free postage, and different rules & processes from RM that take more time to complete. On balance numerous changes to how long it takes to deliver more than cover any time savings from less letters.
I think GDPR has probably had a negative effect on the business and September onwards has not seemed quite as busy as the usual wall of mail we have had in previous years. Nevertheless if I add up all the time I am working and add in the 40 minute break that I don't feel I have the time to take this will usually end up equal to and more often more than my duty hours. On the one hand the amount of letters may have dropped but on the other side of the equation we have had absorption, lapsing, and more delivery points from house building and/or more delivery points from walks being removed. On top of this we have even more changes such as a steady increase in parcels, EU rules allowing countries that are not developing countries such as China to get nearly cost free postage, and different rules & processes from RM that take more time to complete. On balance numerous changes to how long it takes to deliver more than cover any time savings from less letters.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
MAILMAN84
- Posts: 186
- Joined: 04 May 2008, 14:05
8 sets next week!
He gives us 8 minutes for 7 sets. Unreal.
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
8 sets next week!
ask him to show you it can be done in 8 mins. go on,,,,ask HIM to do it, then there is no argument,,,,,,,,,,when he fails miserablyMAILMAN84 wrote:He gives us 8 minutes for 7 sets. Unreal.
-
Interested-seeker
- Posts: 442
- Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
- Gender: Female
8 sets next week!
ImpossibleMAILMAN84 wrote:He gives us 8 minutes for 7 sets. Unreal.
-
mr hil.
- Posts: 425
- Joined: 19 Sep 2007, 18:22
- Gender: Male
8 sets next week!
Mail volumes are down, a walk I did when I first started over twenty years ago had one street of mixed business and residential and it used to fill a complete pouch weighing about 17KG every day and took about 20 minutes to deliver. That same street is now one bundle of mail. However, there used to be a dedicated parcel delivery that delivered the packets and parcels and a second delivery. The same street still takes 20 minutes or more now due to the added workload of delivering your own packets etc. then you have to walk back to your van parked at the beginning of the street.
The workloads changed but I still only work the hours my contract says or get paid extra if I work longer. I am paid by the hour not by the amount of mail I have delivered. Some walks are "harder" for some, I have seen walking posties fail miserably on Rural deliveries and vice versa.
The amount of D2D should not really matter because you have a fixed time each week not a fixed workload. If the workload is too great you need more time or assistance to complete the extra workload in time. Good luck with the extra workload next week but do not get stressed over it, after all it is only bits of paper.....
The workloads changed but I still only work the hours my contract says or get paid extra if I work longer. I am paid by the hour not by the amount of mail I have delivered. Some walks are "harder" for some, I have seen walking posties fail miserably on Rural deliveries and vice versa.
The amount of D2D should not really matter because you have a fixed time each week not a fixed workload. If the workload is too great you need more time or assistance to complete the extra workload in time. Good luck with the extra workload next week but do not get stressed over it, after all it is only bits of paper.....
-
zipmeister
- Posts: 136
- Joined: 04 Mar 2010, 17:37
- Gender: Male
8 sets next week!
Show him this in a disagreement.MAILMAN84 wrote:He gives us 8 minutes for 7 sets. Unreal.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
abuch1980
- Posts: 228
- Joined: 13 Dec 2011, 12:30
- Gender: Male
8 sets next week!
6 is more than enough! Ridiculous anyway delivering Farmfood leaflets for example to some people who have no access to cars and the nearest Farmfoods to them is about 17 miles away here in Scotland for example.!daveyeff wrote:thought we weren't supposed to get any more than 6 in a week. RM themselves stated in the courier a couple of yrs back that six would be the maximum simply because the prep frame would be overloaded and you would struggle to get the mail in with any more than 6 sets.
-
Xr4
- Posts: 107
- Joined: 23 Apr 2016, 09:15
- Gender: Male
8 sets next week!
I can't understand why they sometimes have Domino's and pizza hut or Iceland and farmfoods on the same week! Don't anyone check to make sure?abuch1980 wrote:6 is more than enough! Ridiculous anyway delivering Farmfood leaflets for example to some people who have no access to cars and the nearest Farmfoods to them is about 17 miles away here in Scotland for example.!daveyeff wrote:thought we weren't supposed to get any more than 6 in a week. RM themselves stated in the courier a couple of yrs back that six would be the maximum simply because the prep frame would be overloaded and you would struggle to get the mail in with any more than 6 sets.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
8 sets next week!
We all get a delivery supplement £25.19 pro rata so don't just cull them thing is use the over running procedure and your covered !Celgar wrote:Some Postie's say we no longer get paid for doing D2Ds. If that is the case then throwing up and delivering D2Ds is just another part of the job so if completing that takes you beyond your duty time then in theory you should be paid overtime to do them. They can't have it both ways.postslippete wrote:I used to remember somewhere in past agreements that you're weren't allowed to claim overtime because of surplus door to doors. Obviously thats not the case now
-
abuch1980
- Posts: 228
- Joined: 13 Dec 2011, 12:30
- Gender: Male
8 sets next week!
Wish I got £25.19 for D2D's. 15 odd quid for Part timers who end up doing a large chunk of D2D because you end up on different duties and so end up doing nearly everyone's for them!!!!k979aaa wrote:We all get a delivery supplement £25.19 pro rata so don't just cull them thing is use the over running procedure and your covered !Celgar wrote:Some Postie's say we no longer get paid for doing D2Ds. If that is the case then throwing up and delivering D2Ds is just another part of the job so if completing that takes you beyond your duty time then in theory you should be paid overtime to do them. They can't have it both ways.postslippete wrote:I used to remember somewhere in past agreements that you're weren't allowed to claim overtime because of surplus door to doors. Obviously thats not the case now
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12196
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
8 sets next week!
No delivery staff get any money for D2Ds, the £25.19 is paid to all full time delivery staff no matter how many D2Ds they get in a week.abuch1980 wrote:Wish I got £25.19 for D2D's. 15 odd quid for Part timers who end up doing a large chunk of D2D because you end up on different duties and so end up doing nearly everyone's for them!!!!k979aaa wrote:We all get a delivery supplement £25.19 pro rata so don't just cull them thing is use the over running procedure and your covered !Celgar wrote:Some Postie's say we no longer get paid for doing D2Ds. If that is the case then throwing up and delivering D2Ds is just another part of the job so if completing that takes you beyond your duty time then in theory you should be paid overtime to do them. They can't have it both ways.postslippete wrote:I used to remember somewhere in past agreements that you're weren't allowed to claim overtime because of surplus door to doors. Obviously thats not the case now
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16711
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
8 sets next week!
Nobody gets paid for D2D. That ended over 8 years ago.abuch1980 wrote:[
Wish I got £25.19 for D2D's. 15 odd quid for Part timers who end up doing a large chunk of D2D because you end up on different duties and so end up doing nearly everyone's for them!!!!
The hourly rate for the Delivery Supplement is built into your SSPR overtime rate, so if you are working full time hours you are getting the full supplement.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
claretandblue
- Posts: 914
- Joined: 01 Aug 2007, 12:14
8 sets next week!
Mail is definitely down, used to regularly get 2 tubs of sequenced, down to 1 most days, same with D2Ds, used to get 3 most weeks, we've had none a number of times over the past few months.