ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Lincoln City fan left starstruck after finding out postman is one of his all-time Imps heroes

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Lincoln City fan left starstruck after finding out postman is one of his all-time Imps heroes

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/news ... ck-2118996" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A Lincoln City fan admits he was starstruck after finding out one of his all-time Imps heroes is now his postman.

Stephen Donnison couldn’t believe his eyes after seeing former City striker Gavin Gordon delivering post on his estate in Heckington near Sleaford.


The 66-year-old admits he didn’t recognise the forward at first, who was sold by the Imps to Cardiff City in December 2000 for a six-figure sum.

But once the retiree realised who the postman was, he says he wasted no time in going over and asking for a photograph.

He said: “This postman was impressing us with his speed in delivering letters and his big, friendly smile.

“I thought, where have I seen him before?

“My son-in-law works in Sleaford for the Royal Mail and he said: ‘Don’t you know who he is? ‘It’s Gavin Gordon.’

“I went 'oh my gosh’. I didn’t recognise him because of the big Royal Mail jackets they wear.

“The next day I was looking out for him and he came bearing a parcel with his big grin. I said: ‘selfie’.

“He was one of my heroes – I was starstruck.”

Mr Donnison says his meeting with the former Sincil Bank star is one he will remember fondly.

“He [Gavin] is a gentleman. He talks really nicely and laughs freely,” he said.

“Everyone in the village says how charming he is."

He still has fond memories of the striker, who scored 29 times in 99 games for the Imps between 1997 and 2000.


“I can’t really pick a favourite moment - he knocked in a lot of goals," he said.

“Sadly, I remember how he suffered with injuries.”

Image
Gavin Gordon in action for the Imps during the 2-1 win over Hull City in January 15, 2000

The meeting is not the first time Mr Donnison, an Imps fan since the 60s, has met one of his heroes.

“Tony Emery was my dad’s step-brother,” he added.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.