ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Retirment at 60
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Retirment at 60
Well I am 57 and done 37 years still love my rural del but it’s harder and takes longer,I must be getting slower?.all the pension stuff you get it does say the manager will assist you in helping you adjust in your later years etc blah blah blah? really? I’ve not seen it,just sarcastic comments about not the job for you anymore,fine give me evr and make another part time duty and I’ll be gladly gone,it’s certainly not going to get better,asked about job share options but not viable with the hours they offer
-
Mobey
- Posts: 291
- Joined: 26 Jul 2016, 11:54
- Gender: Male
Retirment at 60
Nhs nurses and other clinical staff have to work until 67, they can leave earlier but they'll lose LOTS of their pension! 
-
themailman
- Posts: 399
- Joined: 09 Jun 2010, 21:05
- Gender: Male
Retirment at 60
Like everything, Royal Mail will deal with it after the horse has bolted.
I predict in the next 15-20 years the amount of staff on long term sick and looking for a payoff will be astronomical.
I predict in the next 15-20 years the amount of staff on long term sick and looking for a payoff will be astronomical.
-
DrSatan
- Posts: 144
- Joined: 23 Jun 2017, 19:11
- Gender: Male
Retirment at 60
This is a big problem in this country, doing a physical job late into 60's isn't going to go well. I get to enjoy my retirement at 69 (state pension). Couldn't live off the working pension alone.
Fire fighters, police, construction workers, just to name a few are facing the exact same problem.
Fire fighters, police, construction workers, just to name a few are facing the exact same problem.