I'm fed up of it too. It shouldn't be so difficult to book holiday, get paid overtime correctly, etc. Everyone at my office is miserable and I can understand why.Post12345 wrote:I'm looking.... want to be out by Xmas... I am so sick of fighting for everything.... my finish time, my driving test, my annual leave, my overtime.... feel like I am constantly rowing in the office... just can't be bothered anymore....
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Would you leave?
-
Interested-seeker
- Posts: 442
- Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
- Gender: Female
Would you leave?
-
Interested-seeker
- Posts: 442
- Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
- Gender: Female
Would you leave?
That is great, glad you got a job where you are appreciated!Raggedy Man wrote:I left a couple of months ago. Loved the job but.....similar reasons to those above that have posted plus a couple of personal circumstance which meant it was making home life a struggle.
Love my new job and last week in an appraisal I was told to slow down. I work too hard and should just sit down and relax every now and again. The complete opposite to how I was treated by unappreciative managers at RM how just asked for more and more each time you achieved. I don’t regret leaving Royal Mail as much I enjoyed the job it did seem they expected your whole life to be revolving around the company.
-
Brandy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 729
- Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Would you leave?
Exactly I dont think please and thankyou are in RMs vocabulary!Interested-seeker wrote:That is great, glad you got a job where you are appreciated!Raggedy Man wrote:I left a couple of months ago. Loved the job but.....similar reasons to those above that have posted plus a couple of personal circumstance which meant it was making home life a struggle.
Love my new job and last week in an appraisal I was told to slow down. I work too hard and should just sit down and relax every now and again. The complete opposite to how I was treated by unappreciative managers at RM how just asked for more and more each time you achieved. I don’t regret leaving Royal Mail as much I enjoyed the job it did seem they expected your whole life to be revolving around the company.
-
Interested-seeker
- Posts: 442
- Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
- Gender: Female
Would you leave?
I'm just fed up, and it is not just with management, but it is with fellow posties. No one sticks together, everyone should be taking a united stand and work to rule.Brandy wrote:Exactly I dont think please and thankyou are in RMs vocabulary!Interested-seeker wrote:That is great, glad you got a job where you are appreciated!Raggedy Man wrote:I left a couple of months ago. Loved the job but.....similar reasons to those above that have posted plus a couple of personal circumstance which meant it was making home life a struggle.
Love my new job and last week in an appraisal I was told to slow down. I work too hard and should just sit down and relax every now and again. The complete opposite to how I was treated by unappreciative managers at RM how just asked for more and more each time you achieved. I don’t regret leaving Royal Mail as much I enjoyed the job it did seem they expected your whole life to be revolving around the company.
-
comeracing
- Posts: 806
- Joined: 28 Nov 2010, 20:58
- Gender: Male
Would you leave?
23 years service and only in my mid 40s,i would leave tomorrow if the price was right,hate the job now
-
97gaz
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1023
- Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
- Gender: Male
-
Postman69
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 19 Dec 2013, 21:31
- Gender: Male
Would you leave?
Why are the union not doing anything? Why are they not fighting for smaller walks ?why are they not fighting for us to be treated fairly? Why are they not insisting on the use of light weight trolleys so we never have added weight to carry ?
-
Whysoslowyehcfc
- Posts: 238
- Joined: 02 Apr 2014, 15:57
- Gender: Male
Would you leave?
Easily answered, because all the Cwu officials from area reps upwards, have kept their nice Cushy jobs and don't want t rock the boatPostman69 wrote:Why are the union not doing anything? Why are they not fighting for smaller walks ?why are they not fighting for us to be treated fairly? Why are they not insisting on the use of light weight trolleys so we never have added weight to carry ?
-
LaggyBand
- Posts: 1065
- Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
- Gender: Male
Would you leave?
It’s a really valid and important question. How come there is never some sort of referendum on what members’ want tackling?Postman69 wrote:Why are the union not doing anything? Why are they not fighting for smaller walks ?why are they not fighting for us to be treated fairly? Why are they not insisting on the use of light weight trolleys so we never have added weight to carry ?
Who would’ve put SWW as a priority over pressure to complete by non-compliance to rules?
-
DGH
- Posts: 710
- Joined: 13 Dec 2014, 18:04
- Gender: Male
- Location: Neither here nor there
Would you leave?
How can the union insist on the use of LWTs if the majority of their members prefer not to use them unless unavoidable (as seems to be the case generally and certainly is in my office)?
The issue really is not whether people 'do the job properly', or 'run' or 'are 'slow' or 'idle' but that the workloads are neither equitable nor in many cases achievable. However all we do is backbit each other for being slow/lazy/a job-spoiler/runner/whatever. We don't ever make a coherent argument for genuine reform. And that's because those with cushier rounds - who are generally very senior - will resist and because those who come in early/cut corners tend not to want to rock the boat - because in general they lack enough hours and are to junior to feel secure.
We are our own worst enemies but, in general, senior staff simply don't stand up for newer staff who are struggling and there is a general lack of honesty that pervades RM when it comes to acknowledging which rounds have less work.
The issue really is not whether people 'do the job properly', or 'run' or 'are 'slow' or 'idle' but that the workloads are neither equitable nor in many cases achievable. However all we do is backbit each other for being slow/lazy/a job-spoiler/runner/whatever. We don't ever make a coherent argument for genuine reform. And that's because those with cushier rounds - who are generally very senior - will resist and because those who come in early/cut corners tend not to want to rock the boat - because in general they lack enough hours and are to junior to feel secure.
We are our own worst enemies but, in general, senior staff simply don't stand up for newer staff who are struggling and there is a general lack of honesty that pervades RM when it comes to acknowledging which rounds have less work.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16711
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Would you leave?
The national agreement (BT2010) states that "once assigned the use of equipment specified for the route will be mandatory".Postman69 wrote: Why are they not insisting on the use of light weight trolleys so we never have added weight to carry ?
Mandatory, not optional.
If you are not using a lwt, or if anyone who should be isn't using a lwt, then what more exactly do you want the union to do.
The whole thrust of the delivery transformation was to remove the weight from the shoulder. Bob Gibson crowed about how we now had an agreement that did that.
If people are continuing to ignore the national agreement that is not the fault of the union.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
LaggyBand
- Posts: 1065
- Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
- Gender: Male
Would you leave?
Make members aware that this is the case, through direct communication that actually reaches the masses; if you use a lwt and it means using the overrunning procedure everyday then that is fine and here is how you do it..clashcityrocker wrote:The national agreement (BT2010) states that "once assigned the use of equipment specified for the route will be mandatory".Postman69 wrote: Why are they not insisting on the use of light weight trolleys so we never have added weight to carry ?
Mandatory, not optional.
If you are not using a lwt, or if anyone who should be isn't using a lwt, then what more exactly do you want the union to do.