ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Marking packets

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

Marking packets

Post by Seymour Buts »

NewPostieUK wrote:If I have a bag that someone else has packed, I have no idea what is in it. How am I supposed to know which house has a packet? I need either letter turned round or some other way of knowing.
I put them in order, the only thing you need to know is the next one.

To be fair, I marked my partners loops and left my own without :thumbup
mags999
Posts: 372
Joined: 25 Jun 2016, 11:05
Gender: Male

Marking packets

Post by mags999 »

postie for 34 years always marked P on a letter never had a complaint except when there was 1st day covers issued by rhe royal mail
Kris147
Posts: 15
Joined: 29 May 2013, 10:31
Gender: Male

Marking packets

Post by Kris147 »

I just turn the letter. Even if there's no mail for the house where the packet is going ill turn the next letter available. You just get used to seeing a turned letter and looking in the bag then.