Last Xmas was the first Christmas in the twenty years I have worked for RM that the infrastructure of the business couldn't cope with both the letters/cards and the parcels. So the parcels were given priority and a lot of the cards were left til after Xmas and the new year to be sorted and delivered.
There always has been a small percentage of cards being held up and delivered after Xmas day but for whatever reason everything fell apart last year. Given how many department stores and chains have closed down this year I predict the same or worse for Xmas 2018.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Is anybody happy working as a postie on this board ?
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Is anybody happy working as a postie on this board ?
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
matt_1983
- Posts: 39
- Joined: 16 Jul 2012, 08:39
- Gender: Male
Is anybody happy working as a postie on this board ?
Easier than it used to be?! Seriously??? In what way?Jack1960 wrote:Have done over 40 years on delivery, bike and trolley, never driven and I do overtime every day I can. I love it, forget the doom and gloom merchants on here. It’s a great job and a lot easier than it used to be. Enjoy it and always shave the night before.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16711
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Is anybody happy working as a postie on this board ?
You don't have to carry a heavy bag any more.matt_1983 wrote:Easier than it used to be?! Seriously??? In what way?Jack1960 wrote:Have done over 40 years on delivery, bike and trolley, never driven and I do overtime every day I can. I love it, forget the doom and gloom merchants on here. It’s a great job and a lot easier than it used to be. Enjoy it and always shave the night before.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
30+YEARMAN
- Posts: 253
- Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 17:46
- Gender: Male
Is anybody happy working as a postie on this board ?
I never carried a bag anyway it was always on the bike.clashcityrocker wrote:You don't have to carry a heavy bag any more.matt_1983 wrote:Easier than it used to be?! Seriously??? In what way?Jack1960 wrote:Have done over 40 years on delivery, bike and trolley, never driven and I do overtime every day I can. I love it, forget the doom and gloom merchants on here. It’s a great job and a lot easier than it used to be. Enjoy it and always shave the night before.
-
Chimps_tea_party
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 154
- Joined: 17 Sep 2010, 22:33
- Gender: Male
Is anybody happy working as a postie on this board ?
I got fed up with the monotony of processing work and had the opportunity to retire.
Retired ex- Royal Mail.
-
Mobey
- Posts: 291
- Joined: 26 Jul 2016, 11:54
- Gender: Male
Is anybody happy working as a postie on this board ?
I said this ages ago:
If every job had forums like these, you would never do anything! Take it how you find it, but look around for different jobs if you're still unsure.
It's like with the bullying, I despise bullies! But, there's bullying everywhere. Some places are worse.
If every job had forums like these, you would never do anything! Take it how you find it, but look around for different jobs if you're still unsure.
It's like with the bullying, I despise bullies! But, there's bullying everywhere. Some places are worse.