ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

July / August Letter Volumes

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72759
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

July / August Letter Volumes

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

aiden01 wrote:
nickbsmooth wrote:What is GDPR apart from another wretched Royal Mail abbreviation.
general data protection regulation.
the current bane of my life when visiting websites and I have to agree to something because of the new GDPR law.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
CPTNemoUK
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 707
Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

July / August Letter Volumes

Post by CPTNemoUK »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
nickbsmooth wrote:What is GDPR apart from another wretched Royal Mail abbreviation.
general data protection regulation.
the current bane of my life when visiting websites and I have to agree to something because of the new GDPR law.
Tell me about it. It really gets on my nerves. At least the bloody emails have stopped now. Was sick of my phone going off all the time because of them :arrrghhh
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

July / August Letter Volumes

Post by Celgar »

Celgar wrote:
RMG4Life wrote:Now that summer is over - has mail volume returned?
Or remained quite slow?
Any evidence of an impact from GDPR?
I always dread September and the usual deluge of mail after most people are back from their summer holidays. It doesn't seem so busy so far but we are only a few days in. I'm starting to worry slightly that maybe GDPR has had an effect. I think the D2Ds are going to recover from next week though - they are starting to arrive and stacking up.
It was a lot busier today so maybe the volumes are building back up slowly.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
RMG4Life
Posts: 7
Joined: 24 Feb 2017, 21:01
Gender: Male

July / August Letter Volumes

Post by RMG4Life »

Any change?
fb1969
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1693
Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
Gender: Male
Location: hiding on the backstreets

July / August Letter Volumes

Post by fb1969 »

My day off today but I heard 3 Yorks failed. That is 4 less than failed last Monday so mail must be down again!
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.