ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Who is looking forward to Christmas then?
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2041
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
Who is looking forward to Christmas then?
That later finishing times you all vote for should help? Took the silver shilling. 
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Who is looking forward to Christmas then?
It will be my 37th xmas and I can’t wait am getting so excited!, it’s always like it’s the first xmas Royal Mail has ever planned for!,more penny pinching big ideas from above no doubt that will leave you shaking your head in utter dis belief,hopefully the two audit guys will turn up and get in our way,but as it’s usually quiet at this time of the year,we will undoubtedly be more than happy to accommodate them as we did so last year,just to stop the boredom,
-
crimson king
- Posts: 783
- Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
- Gender: Male
Who is looking forward to Christmas then?
Hang on...my sarcasm monitor is going haywire for some reason....robbertwhitton wrote:It will be my 37th xmas and I can’t wait am getting so excited!, it’s always like it’s the first xmas Royal Mail has ever planned for!,more penny pinching big ideas from above no doubt that will leave you shaking your head in utter dis belief,hopefully the two audit guys will turn up and get in our way,but as it’s usually quiet at this time of the year,we will undoubtedly be more than happy to accommodate them as we did so last year,just to stop the boredom,
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Who is looking forward to Christmas then?
Ha!! I think it’s the tell it exactly how it is and will be monitor!! I have to be like this or I will lose the plot and then they have woncrimson king wrote:Hang on...my sarcasm monitor is going haywire for some reason....robbertwhitton wrote:It will be my 37th xmas and I can’t wait am getting so excited!, it’s always like it’s the first xmas Royal Mail has ever planned for!,more penny pinching big ideas from above no doubt that will leave you shaking your head in utter dis belief,hopefully the two audit guys will turn up and get in our way,but as it’s usually quiet at this time of the year,we will undoubtedly be more than happy to accommodate them as we did so last year,just to stop the boredom,
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Who is looking forward to Christmas then?
Christmas is such a happy time unless you have a bad boss and you do not have lots of little elves who magically appear overnight like they do in mail centres but hay ho it could be worse I could be in charge of a company with 200,000 people who slog their guts out and yet I just got £6 million golden good bye/hello it could be worse could have to walk up the dales but I just sit in my office in Switzerland over looking Zurich and count my good fortune I am not you! All the best Rico Back.
-
crimson king
- Posts: 783
- Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
- Gender: Male
Who is looking forward to Christmas then?
Ha ha, I hear ya. It is very much a case of laugh or cry most of the time!robbertwhitton wrote:Ha!! I think it’s the tell it exactly how it is and will be monitor!! I have to be like this or I will lose the plot and then they have woncrimson king wrote:Hang on...my sarcasm monitor is going haywire for some reason....robbertwhitton wrote:It will be my 37th xmas and I can’t wait am getting so excited!, it’s always like it’s the first xmas Royal Mail has ever planned for!,more penny pinching big ideas from above no doubt that will leave you shaking your head in utter dis belief,hopefully the two audit guys will turn up and get in our way,but as it’s usually quiet at this time of the year,we will undoubtedly be more than happy to accommodate them as we did so last year,just to stop the boredom,
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Who is looking forward to Christmas then?
My first year was a total disaster, they basically made everybody up to full time who wanted it and while one of the pair was prepping both walks the other would do a packet run. It worked for those with their own duties who had both agreed to the hours, it was however a disaster for us reserves and those who were paired with those who couldn't up their hours.
The following year we had dedicated packet drivers which worked fine. It actually made many of the duties easier compared to other busier periods of the year because of the extra support. The snow totally buggered us last year though, we missed three days delivery which totally knackard us; it took many of us till literally a day or two before Christmas to clear the back log. Hoping the snow stays away this year!
The following year we had dedicated packet drivers which worked fine. It actually made many of the duties easier compared to other busier periods of the year because of the extra support. The snow totally buggered us last year though, we missed three days delivery which totally knackard us; it took many of us till literally a day or two before Christmas to clear the back log. Hoping the snow stays away this year!
-
FirstPost
- Posts: 675
- Joined: 16 Aug 2018, 09:37
- Gender: Female
Who is looking forward to Christmas then?
DOM manager questions you? did he pay the overtime?crimson king wrote:And me! Just over a year in, second d Xmas looming and they've pretty much lost any remaining goodwill I had these past few weeks.k979aaa wrote:And who said scrooge was dead. Not mocking you doing the same.CPTNemoUK wrote:I'm looking forward to it this year. I'm telling them to do one when they trying making me up to full time (don't need the money) and won't be going over one minute this year. My goodwill has gone. I'm having a stress free Christmas.
Hated last Xmas. In early to do packets, going over and finishing in dark and still questions from the DOM about overtime booked etc. Result? One grumpy tired Dad on the big day who fell asleep on the sofa after dinner and a couple of drinks cos I was so I knackered. Not this year, matey!
-
crimson king
- Posts: 783
- Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
- Gender: Male
Who is looking forward to Christmas then?
Yes and yes.FirstPost wrote:DOM manager questions you? did he pay the overtime?crimson king wrote:And me! Just over a year in, second d Xmas looming and they've pretty much lost any remaining goodwill I had these past few weeks.k979aaa wrote:And who said scrooge was dead. Not mocking you doing the same.CPTNemoUK wrote:I'm looking forward to it this year. I'm telling them to do one when they trying making me up to full time (don't need the money) and won't be going over one minute this year. My goodwill has gone. I'm having a stress free Christmas.
Hated last Xmas. In early to do packets, going over and finishing in dark and still questions from the DOM about overtime booked etc. Result? One grumpy tired Dad on the big day who fell asleep on the sofa after dinner and a couple of drinks cos I was so I knackered. Not this year, matey!
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
-
hothothot
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 422
- Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
- Gender: Male
Who is looking forward to Christmas then?
I'm looking forward to Christmas this year and it will be the best ever. Retired 6 months ago.
-
kashmir58
- Posts: 21
- Joined: 16 Jan 2011, 10:28
- Gender: Male
Who is looking forward to Christmas then?
We asked in September what are the plans for Christmas in the office,looked at us as if we were simplerobbertwhitton wrote:It will be my 37th xmas and I can’t wait am getting so excited!, it’s always like it’s the first xmas Royal Mail has ever planned for!,more penny pinching big ideas from above no doubt that will leave you shaking your head in utter dis belief,hopefully the two audit guys will turn up and get in our way,but as it’s usually quiet at this time of the year,we will undoubtedly be more than happy to accommodate them as we did so last year,just to stop the boredom,
I wonder if it’s ever crossed there minds to ask those who have had few Christmas’s under there belt and are the face of Royal Mail (us) what would improve the service ,instead we get some bloody lecture at work time lying and some joker on Royal Mail tv who’s never touched a letter telling us how to the the job
My opinion is there all clueless
Merry Christmas everyone
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Who is looking forward to Christmas then?
the plan is very simple, "can everyone stay out and complete please?"kashmir58 wrote:
We asked in September what are the plans for Christmas in the office,looked at us as if we were simple