ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Worthing residents fed-up with the delay of their posts

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Worthing residents fed-up with the delay of their posts

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/16590723 ... eir-posts/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

RESIDENTS are fuming because they have not received their post for almost two weeks.


Sonya Wheldon, 42, of Markwick Mews, Worthing, has been waiting for an important letter from the hospital to confirm a blood test appointment.

She first contacted Royal Mail last Friday to check the whereabouts of her letter.

However, she was only given a complaint form to fill in.

She said: “I’ve been waiting for a blood test form which is very important to me as my health hasn’t been good.


“In the past, I would receive letters from my GP a day after my appointment. That’ s why I contacted Royal Mail.

“When I contacted them last Friday, I was already waiting for a week.

“I think Royal Mail has been experiencing problems since they were privatised.

“It seems to be an issue in our area.

“I really don’t understand because Markwick Mews is close to the town centre.

“What if someone is waiting for things like a passport or other important documents?”

Neighbour Valerie Watson, 65, said: “I’ve been waiting for my post and parcels since last Monday.

“I received my hospital appointment letter yesterday and one of my daughter’s parcel, but I shouldn’t need to wait that long.

“When I was waiting for my post I complained to Royal Mail who told me they were understaffed.

“Someone from the Royal Mail office came to deliver our post. He told me he doesn’t deliver post but was asked to do it.

“We have 15 houses here and we have delivery problems. However, the private estate at the back always get theirs.

“It seems our little street has the delays.”

Royal Mail spokeswoman said:

"We have been experiencing some periods of higher than average sick absence in our Worthing delivery office recently, which has resulted in some intermittent disruption to our services.

"While we have been doing all we can to maintain delivery services to all customers, we apologise to those customers who have been affected. We have some new staff joining us and we are confident that we will be able to restore a high quality of service to all our customers very soon.


"We do have staff who generally work in the office supporting our delivery postmen and women. They are trained to do deliveries and we use them on some occasions to cover for our regular postmen and women.

"If they are on leave or off sick, as in the case you refer to. This isn’t unusual and we have done this in Worthing on some days recently to help maintain deliveries to customers.

"Any customers who have concerns about particular items of mail should contact Royal Mail Customer Services via our website: http://www.royalmail.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, on Twitter @RoyalMailHelp or by phone on 03457 740 740 so we can investigate."
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
hans solo
Posts: 3285
Joined: 06 Feb 2011, 18:08
Gender: Male

Worthing residents fed-up with the delay of their posts

Post by hans solo »

quality of service right there :left: :left: :left: :left: :left:
bet they didnt mention all the failed lapsing
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

Worthing residents fed-up with the delay of their posts

Post by rambo1 »

Why are they not drafting in other posties from offices far and wide? It's not unheard of for posties in our office going 150 mile round trip to deliver half a walk. I kid ye not!!