And fat!!!!postslippete wrote:meercat wrote: Or just become a manager and problem solved.
Do that and you will definitely be unfit!!
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Unfit or is it the job?
-
Brandy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 729
- Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Unfit or is it the job?
-
madmax1
- Posts: 72
- Joined: 01 Sep 2015, 14:39
- Gender: Male
Unfit or is it the job?
I run anything from 5K's up to marathon and occasionally beyond, and I find the job has definitely improved my running stamina DRM. I've become a much stronger runner since joining RM. I've found that my aerobic running capacity has improved a lot, and a really positive side-effect of the job is that now when I've returned to running after being injured, I've got back my form way quicker than before I was a postie, probably due to keeping the endurance 'ticking over' with the daily exercise of completing a walk.
As for being tired for training there's no doubt it's a lot harder at times to drag yourself out, but if you can do it, you'll end up faster & fitter than Joe Bloggs who is doing exactly the same training as you but off the back of a desk job.
As for being tired for training there's no doubt it's a lot harder at times to drag yourself out, but if you can do it, you'll end up faster & fitter than Joe Bloggs who is doing exactly the same training as you but off the back of a desk job.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Unfit or is it the job?
I hear what you're saying JB but I NEVER do Heavy Bags...... always use a LWT.Janet Brum wrote:Don`t forget to tell them about the heavy bags, big parcels, dangerous sharp / low leterboxes, dogs, spider webs and all the other perks of the job
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4198
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Unfit or is it the job?
rambo1 wrote:Nah coz you'll be that fresh from basically doing next to nothing for a few hrs before going home and being able to do the training you can't do now coz yer stuffed when you drag your weary body through your door at 4pm.postslippete wrote:meercat wrote: Or just become a manager and problem solved.
Do that and you will definitely be unfit!!
I would agree although over half of our managers have got pot bellies. Must be all that coffee and the daily trips to McDonalds.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
amhopkins1
- Posts: 33
- Joined: 12 Apr 2018, 19:46
- Gender: Male
Unfit or is it the job?
DRM wrote:Thank you to all that have posted a reply. I'm kind of glad it's not just me that feel a like this. But feel for you all.
I look around at people who have been there for years, some can barely walk. I don't want to end up like that. I'm lucky in that I have this oppurtunity to retrain and my family are behind me.
As much as your health is more important, sometimes I know it's not as easy as that. Good luck to all of you that can make that leap.
If you don't mind me asking what type of job are you retraining to do? I am too in a similar position.