ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Lapsing

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

Lapsing

Post by rambo1 »

rodtheplod wrote:
beanmuncha wrote:if you can't do the lapsing within your duty time then don't, OT is not compulsory why will people not listen.

I have ones in my office everyday moaning about it, I tell them the same but then they take it anyway. So how can we as reps help if
you will not help yourselves. I know DOM's say this and that to convince you to take it but
IT IS UPTO YOU TO SAY SORRY NO OT TODAY.

If everyone would stop doing the OT that it takes to do the lapsing then it would stop.

It is a scam or a ticking box thing, because i know for a fact we do not save any money whatsoever with the lapsing.
We have 5 people in IPS on 1HR OT and during the week we lapse a 3hr duty and the duty holder is being paid to this and that
so where is the savings? there are none it is a "yes area manager we have lapsed"

As a part time worker when I said I needed to finish on my contracted hours the answer was to start me later. Yet when mail picks up again they will be after the part timers to start early to get the mail out. In RM part time = second class citizen.
That happens to full time too. Usually rural deliveries. Start an hr later and put someone else prepping it up?? Where's the savings there, again. Just a tick box to say, less overtime claimed.
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

Lapsing

Post by rambo1 »

number one wrote:My round if shown as the one with the largest Delivery time (9:30hrs, between 2 of us so 4:45hrs each) I can still get it done by 13:00 most days, thats with lapsing. Tuesdays I’m done for 12:00
Sounds to me like you have time for even more lapsing and if I'm thinking that, isn't your Dom? People who run round, bag on shoulder, leaving packets everywhere, running across people's lawns + or what pass for lawns this summer) . When will they learn?????
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12196
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Lapsing

Post by SpacePhoenix »

rambo1 wrote:
number one wrote:My round if shown as the one with the largest Delivery time (9:30hrs, between 2 of us so 4:45hrs each) I can still get it done by 13:00 most days, thats with lapsing. Tuesdays I’m done for 12:00
Sounds to me like you have time for even more lapsing and if I'm thinking that, isn't your Dom? People who run round, bag on shoulder, leaving packets everywhere, running across people's lawns + or what pass for lawns this summer) . When will they learn?????
Probably only a matter of time before they get an hours worth of delivery points added to their walk
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Lapsing

Post by Celgar »

Good idea to read whatever 'number One' writes a few time and add a sprinkle of salt before replying. He likes to write incendiary comments. I'm never quite sure from which angle he is coming from.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
tommythreesheds
Posts: 89
Joined: 28 Aug 2007, 15:02
Gender: Male
Location: UK

Lapsing

Post by tommythreesheds »

Any HCT users that lapse? What happens if your asked to lapse in another office?
Momo90210
Posts: 54
Joined: 21 Apr 2011, 19:41
Gender: Male

Lapsing

Post by Momo90210 »

chickenwittle wrote:Seriously what part of work to your finish time do people not get . It’s irrelevant how much you are asked to lapse in fact the more the better , it’s more to bring back . Stop crying about you can’t complete and just finish on time . So many posties blame the union for everything yet do nothing to help themselves.
:Applause

The issue is too many cwu members want the rep to hold their hand with every single issue they face. I'm a rep myself and its draining when you are constantly telling people to work their hours giving them agreements to read over to empower them then the very next day they come in 40 mins unpaid, skip their breaks and dont use their LWT :arrrghhh
Mick100
Posts: 275
Joined: 04 Feb 2016, 10:00
Gender: Male

Lapsing

Post by Mick100 »

Simple don't get in early take your breaks, I know when I going out if I can complete my round and my round and lapsing if I think I'm going to have trouble I tell the manager sometimes they tell me to leave the lapsing if not they will get a call from me about 130 saying I won't be finishing should I bring it back or are they sending someone out to take it off me simple when your time is up you finish work
exaandt
Posts: 103
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 13:58

Lapsing

Post by exaandt »

Use your pda data to prove you have no time
Start on time have correct breaks dont rush I havent absorbed since pda went live end of