ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Being driven to insanity by bullying & unscrupulous management
-
RedRich
- Posts: 76
- Joined: 03 Jun 2007, 10:07
Being driven to insanity by bullying & unscrupulous management
What a shameful society we live in and company we work for. Profit and growth are the only words that mean anything. The CWU can make all the agreements they like and big themselves up but at a local level they fail miserably at getting them adhered to. Seriously mate if your a young man then try and find better employment as this ship is sinking. Good luck and stay strong.
-
David walters
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 44
- Joined: 17 Jan 2017, 19:22
- Gender: Male
Being driven to insanity by bullying & unscrupulous management
I was Hav the bullying and harassment 2 it ended with me Hav a hart attack on round I was luck I survived went on sick there was no change on face to face meetings so I got out in end best thing I ever did the mre u do the more you get trodd on the Lino’s bum boys get away with murder and a easy life and u hav crap on a daily basics I would get out now before u health gets worse
-
David walters
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 44
- Joined: 17 Jan 2017, 19:22
- Gender: Male
Being driven to insanity by bullying & unscrupulous management
I was Hav the bullying and harassment 2 it ended with me Hav a hart attack on round I was luck I survived went on sick there was no change on face to face meetings so I got out in end best thing I ever did the mre u do the more you get trodd on the Lino’s bum boys get away with murder and a easy life and u hav crap on a daily basics I would get out now before u health gets worse
-
CC22
- Posts: 13
- Joined: 28 Jul 2018, 09:34
- Gender: Female
Being driven to insanity by bullying & unscrupulous management
Dear desperate postie.Williamleeds wrote:Good afternoon,
I am writing this as a final attempt at sorting out what has become an unbearable mental strain. Before i start yet another ramble in the vain hope i will find some resolution to the problems which are now effectively ruining my life. I have been a postman for the last seven years,all seven of these years i have been treated appallingly by the managers at my place of work.These managers laugh and joke about me with smiles on there faces while undermining me and rubbishing me no matter what the level of my performance.
When i began all those years ago i was told i had to work my way up to get a decent role within the depot i work. Well seven horribly mentally damaging years later ,I find myself at my lowest ebb ever. If im being honest ive even thought about taking my own life (but would never be able to do such a thing even though my life feels worthless after every shift i do).
I am bounced about on a daily basis to all the various delivery offices within a 30 mile radius of where i live/work. I am then threatened with wilful delay when i say i cannot complete a duty I have never done before in an area i am unfamiliar with and with zero help or assistance given by said managers. I often have no contact numbers for managers at the places Im working at so have little way of telling them i can complete etc. Also if ive never worked a duty before I find it unrealistic that I should be able to gauge it on the only day i ll probablevery work it.
The day normally begins with an argument and ends with one. I will arrive at work to see me unassigned to a duty and listed as spare. At my place seniority takes second place to managers favourites and whatever makes it easier for them. My own complaints fall on deaf ears and even though the majority of my colleagues at postman level are very sympathetic of my plight and virtually all concede i am treated terribly,it just makes me feel even worse. Especially when im then told by my work mates that they'd never go to another office and not to take any crap from management-I just feel most turn a blind eye and that its easier for management to really mess around a few people than do something fairly which would entail more effort for them and ruffle a few more peoples feathers.
The argument will begin something like this.
manager-we need you to go to another office
me-Im not insured to drive and more senior than loads of people? can you not send them as its only fair its shared out.
manager-you are insured to drive stop being awkward we are sending you.
me-im not using my own car then.
they'll then pay me a taxi to go but by the time i get there im way behind and unable to complete as its a new area and no prep work has been done. I believe the managers also tell them im willing to do o/t to complete which is a complete fabrication and brings me full circle to the argument when i bring mail back and am threatened with wilful delay.
Im going to share some more of my issues in due course as there are plenty. REALLY sorry for this unpunctuated mess of a mail but am at my wits end over this and its seriously affecting my mental well being.
Any advice assistance would be gratefully received.
Yours sincerely desperate postie x
Perhaps its time to find another job? For the sake of your sanity. I wouldn't stay in a job if it was making me miserable. There are options out there. F*** RM.....do something that makes you happy. Your health is far more important.
Kind Regards
CC
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4198
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Being driven to insanity by bullying & unscrupulous management
One of the biggest problems in RM are the managers. One of the things I hated as a reserve was that sometimes they tried to used me as a spare, coming in one day fully expecting to do a duty that I had signed in for, before the manager deciding that once I had half prepped it, that I was going to be working somewhere else because some postie had rang in sick or whatever. Its easy to get disillusioned and start resenting the place and its managers because quite often I felt I was being moved because the management/organisation was quite inept at dealing with the other posties that had seniority, worked their longer, were more assertive etc etc and in being FAIR.
I've learned the hard way and I would contact the bullying/harassment helpline first. Don't be shy at naming the managers involved, tell them you understand the operational needs of the company but that above all the management team need to be FAIR. I've known other posties cite personal reasons as to why they can't work in other offices, if the job is affecting your mental state then you really need some 'stability' working in one office.
I've learned the hard way and I would contact the bullying/harassment helpline first. Don't be shy at naming the managers involved, tell them you understand the operational needs of the company but that above all the management team need to be FAIR. I've known other posties cite personal reasons as to why they can't work in other offices, if the job is affecting your mental state then you really need some 'stability' working in one office.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Being driven to insanity by bullying & unscrupulous management
Well put that man,concise and to the point,no big rant or rave,I often wonder what the brief is from above to our managers,am well aware this is a business,but you must still treat your precious workforce with dignity and respect,I do feel a bit sorry for them to be fair,am sure they have there banter between them but that’s it,constantly on edge to maximise output against expenditure,at a cost to the public with a poor service at times,rounds failing etc,but then there’s the other Royal Mail that you see in the courier where all is well in La La land,our old boss had two great quotes he used on his way out that annoyed his bosses,”we shan’t be doing that” and “keep smiling at all times” happy dayspostslippete wrote:One of the biggest problems in RM are the managers. One of the things I hated as a reserve was that sometimes they tried to used me as a spare, coming in one day fully expecting to do a duty that I had signed in for, before the manager deciding that once I had half prepped it, that I was going to be working somewhere else because some postie had rang in sick or whatever. Its easy to get disillusioned and start resenting the place and its managers because quite often I felt I was being moved because the management/organisation was quite inept at dealing with the other posties that had seniority, worked their longer, were more assertive etc etc and in being FAIR.
I've learned the hard way and I would contact the bullying/harassment helpline first. Don't be shy at naming the managers involved, tell them you understand the operational needs of the company but that above all the management team need to be FAIR. I've known other posties cite personal reasons as to why they can't work in other offices, if the job is affecting your mental state then you really need some 'stability' working in one office.
-
David walters
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 44
- Joined: 17 Jan 2017, 19:22
- Gender: Male
Being driven to insanity by bullying & unscrupulous management
Everybody should be treated the same but that dosant hap .u got one guy do a big round and get hassle for book on and pressured by dom and Lino then u got the nxt guy on a small round moan and Groan is round is to big not completing take stuff back and hav some of is round done for him and bk earley every day .maybe it’s because he’s mates with the dom and the managers to scared to stand up to him and let him get away with it then the quiet ones do all the the work gets all the s**t how does that work
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Being driven to insanity by bullying & unscrupulous management
To be fair, I rather like it. Keeps what is a very repetative job from becoming too boring. It helps I know virtually every walk in our office so it makes no difference to me what I've been on.miles_peters wrote:ive said it on here before ,but i'm going to say it again, being a reserve for royal mail was one of the most unhappiest and stressful times in my life. RM makes a big thing about employees being treated equally, this is a lie cause reserves are treated like criminals, or people with no human rights. a reserve is a position of extreme conflict. if I was I ever to find myself back as a reserve I would leave before I had some kind of breakdown.
On the subject raised in this thread, this is truly appauling. Surely they can't just move you without concent? Perhaps I'm lucky our office is that short staffed that there's no way they'd be sending anyone elsewhere! Surely somebody in the union needs to intervene in this case. We all know what certain managers are like, but this sounds extreme to say the least.
-
miles_peters
- Posts: 298
- Joined: 19 Jul 2014, 12:29
- Gender: Male
Being driven to insanity by bullying & unscrupulous management
being a reserve in your own office is fine. its when you get sent out all over the place to area's you have no clue about, sometimes without notice, as far I was concerned they may aswell sent me to a different country. This is where the stress and conflict comes frompostietom wrote:To be fair, I rather like it. Keeps what is a very repetative job from becoming too boring. It helps I know virtually every walk in our office so it makes no difference to me what I've been on.miles_peters wrote:ive said it on here before ,but i'm going to say it again, being a reserve for royal mail was one of the most unhappiest and stressful times in my life. RM makes a big thing about employees being treated equally, this is a lie cause reserves are treated like criminals, or people with no human rights. a reserve is a position of extreme conflict. if I was I ever to find myself back as a reserve I would leave before I had some kind of breakdown.
On the subject raised in this thread, this is truly appauling. Surely they can't just move you without concent? Perhaps I'm lucky our office is that short staffed that there's no way they'd be sending anyone elsewhere! Surely somebody in the union needs to intervene in this case. We all know what certain managers are like, but this sounds extreme to say the least.
-
BELIAL
- Posts: 6758
- Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
- Gender: Female
- Location: Nowhere
Being driven to insanity by bullying & unscrupulous management
Toxic culture from the top and unchallenged ,would you invest in this enterprise?
Bye
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Being driven to insanity by bullying & unscrupulous management
BELIAL wrote:Toxic culture from the top and unchallenged ,would you invest in this enterprise?
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
azza30
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 112
- Joined: 09 Apr 2018, 14:48
- Gender: Male
- Location: Eternal Misery
Being driven to insanity by bullying & unscrupulous management
Invest in RM? - does the Queen realise a bunch of eejits manage this firm now?
-
ham2505
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 11
- Joined: 30 Apr 2011, 18:08
- Gender: Male
Being driven to insanity by bullying & unscrupulous management
Utterly disgusting treatment …..this Union needs to stop this S**t going on ….what they really need is a nice undercover reporter programme like Dispatches coming in and filming this current mess , up & down the country....
-
azza30
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 112
- Joined: 09 Apr 2018, 14:48
- Gender: Male
- Location: Eternal Misery
Being driven to insanity by bullying & unscrupulous management
ham2505 wrote:Utterly disgusting treatment …..this Union needs to stop this S**t going on ….what they really need is a nice undercover reporter programme like Dispatches coming in and filming this current mess , up & down the country....
-
Brandy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 729
- Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Being driven to insanity by bullying & unscrupulous management
This is exactly what should happen,whenever I tell anyone how appalling the bullying is at RM by management they are shocked and find it unbelieveable,the public just dont realise what goes on at delivery offices. I just cant understand why the union does nothing,I thought they were going to sort this all out,but it seems that the bullying just gets worse.They should be ashamed.as should RM who are a disgrace to treat their hard working posties so appallingly.ham2505 wrote:Utterly disgusting treatment …..this Union needs to stop this S**t going on ….what they really need is a nice undercover reporter programme like Dispatches coming in and filming this current mess , up & down the country....
I am so glad that I was lucky enough to walk away,but it did and I suppose it always will leave a nasty taste in my mouth how I was made to hate the job I had loved for so many years by incompetent,lazy,bullying,no man management skills people that called themselves managers!!!!!!!