You mean the charging carriage that doesn't actually charge them up? Least not in our vans anyway.Celgar wrote:I believe there is a lens on the current PDAs. Some Postie's won't leave the PDA in the charging carriage because they believe it might be watching them.......mattycash wrote:Can't say I've seen a lens on my PDA are we getting new PDAs with the facility to take photos?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
New PDA update.
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
New PDA update.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
New PDA update.
It would just mean the customer was in to accept the parcel. What is wrong with that?postietom wrote:If they look at your numbers for a few days and there is no parcels delivered to neighbours it's pretty obvious you ain't trying..Celgar wrote:There won't be a league table for neighbour attempts as its an unquantifiable metric. But I expect there will be trouble if we mess it uppostietom wrote:They reckon they'll be league tables about neighbour attempts to given it'll know if you've delivered to neighbour or customer.
Have to say we are miles behind other firms, most had this type of stuff years ago but from our point of view it's a pain in the arse with all this stuff being constantly added.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
New PDA update.
Yep. Last week I had 3 days where I did not F/L any parcels, didn't try a neighbour once.Celgar wrote:It would just mean the customer was in to accept the parcel. What is wrong with that?postietom wrote:If they look at your numbers for a few days and there is no parcels delivered to neighbours it's pretty obvious you ain't trying..Celgar wrote:There won't be a league table for neighbour attempts as its an unquantifiable metric. But I expect there will be trouble if we mess it uppostietom wrote:They reckon they'll be league tables about neighbour attempts to given it'll know if you've delivered to neighbour or customer.
Have to say we are miles behind other firms, most had this type of stuff years ago but from our point of view it's a pain in the arse with all this stuff being constantly added.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
New PDA update.
On my rural there are very few neighbours anyway. I wouldn't want to try a 1.5 mile round trip very often.
Ironically, nearly all the P739's are from the two terraced streets I do.
Ironically, nearly all the P739's are from the two terraced streets I do.
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
New PDA update.
Im on a semi rural villiage and most leave their doors unlocked or even open.
Do RM want me to photograph me putting parcels in peoples hallways ?
Might be helpful in London and other inner cities but not rurals
Do RM want me to photograph me putting parcels in peoples hallways ?
Might be helpful in London and other inner cities but not rurals
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
New PDA update.
Went live today in our office.
I assumed that only items that needed signing for would require you to put the neighbours name and address in, but it's ALL items that require scanning. Pain!
I assumed that only items that needed signing for would require you to put the neighbours name and address in, but it's ALL items that require scanning. Pain!
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
New PDA update.
Ah yes I had sort of forgotten about that bit. Actually I rarely try a neighbour on my walk and would never on someone else's walk as I don't really know the customers and whether they are trustworthy.postietom wrote:Went live today in our office.
I assumed that only items that needed signing for would require you to put the neighbours name and address in, but it's ALL items that require scanning. Pain!
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
veryn
- Posts: 82
- Joined: 30 Jan 2011, 09:10
- Gender: Male
New PDA update.
Reading this thread is just confusing the hell out of me.
More stuff to get me stressed about :/
More stuff to get me stressed about :/
-
bmccoll
- Posts: 190
- Joined: 21 Sep 2015, 22:19
- Gender: Male
New PDA update.
Celgar wrote:There won't be a league table for neighbour attempts as its an unquantifiable metric. But I expect there will be trouble if we mess it uppostietom wrote:They reckon they'll be league tables about neighbour attempts to given it'll know if you've delivered to neighbour or customer.
Have to say we are miles behind other firms, most had this type of stuff years ago but from our point of view it's a pain in the arse with all this stuff being constantly added.
My bugbear is that my delivery has an extensive collection factored in and when the PDA is on outdoor the collection route is continuously shown so that any slight hit on the screen triggers a reaction and it is possible to unwittingly cancel a collection point.
-
2pints
- Posts: 286
- Joined: 28 Feb 2013, 16:46
- Gender: Male
New PDA update.
Not a single feck was given when ours went live the other day.We all just scanned as delivered to customer and left a card telling customer its in shed etc , these were known customers mind...maybe as a reserve on unknown duty's it will be different.
-
2pints
- Posts: 286
- Joined: 28 Feb 2013, 16:46
- Gender: Male
New PDA update.
Just scan them as delivered and if you need to leave a card do iteastie wrote:Im on a semi rural villiage and most leave their doors unlocked or even open.
Do RM want me to photograph me putting parcels in peoples hallways ?
Might be helpful in London and other inner cities but not rurals
-
LaggyBand
- Posts: 1065
- Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
- Gender: Male
New PDA update.
Use the button at the top of the PDA as if it were your phone.bmccoll wrote:Celgar wrote:There won't be a league table for neighbour attempts as its an unquantifiable metric. But I expect there will be trouble if we mess it uppostietom wrote:They reckon they'll be league tables about neighbour attempts to given it'll know if you've delivered to neighbour or customer.
Have to say we are miles behind other firms, most had this type of stuff years ago but from our point of view it's a pain in the arse with all this stuff being constantly added.
My bugbear is that my delivery has an extensive collection factored in and when the PDA is on outdoor the collection route is continuously shown so that any slight hit on the screen triggers a reaction and it is possible to unwittingly cancel a collection point.
People see it as a power on/off button but instead see it as a lock button and thank me later.