https://www.fenlandcitizen.co.uk/news/m ... l-9003415/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
March postie Nick Winterton is hoping to deliver for charity when he undertakes his seventh fundraising walk in aid of Great Ormond Street Hospital.
Nick, a father or two, who is a postman at March delivery office, will complete the Wye Valley Challenge covering 62 miles in a continuous hike from Chepstow in Wales to Hereford.
The only stops he will make during the estimated 24-33 hour trek next month is for refreshments and medical treatment.
This is the seventh time Nick has completed a walking challenge in aid of the children's hospital having already raised over £11,000 with his efforts which included the North Norfolk Coast, Hadrian's Wall, The Dorset Jurassic Coast and London to Cambridge.
Nick said: "After visiting the hospital, talking to some nurses, and seeing first hand the excellent care and pioneering treatments given to seriously ill children. It moved me so much to fundraise for the charity on a regular basis.
" I have also been inspired by the amazing charity efforts from cricket legend Ian Botham and comedian Eddie Izzard.
" I'm thrilled to get the opportunity to take on another challenge and its a real honour and privilege to raise some more money for the hospital. I have set a target of £1,000 for this latest challenge.
"If you had asked me six months ago if I was up for a challenge this year I would have reluctantly said no chance as I was suffering with every sportsman's nightmare Plantar Fasciitis (aka policeman's heel).
"It was keeping me awake at night with pain and became a real struggle to do my job. Although it's still not perfect it's way better now which is great. I'm sure the goodwill and generosity of everyone will get me over the line this time
"I haven't failed a challenge yet and I intend to keep it that way. The challenges are always extremely tough and I seem to remember losing nearly half my toenails last year and also ending up on antibiotics for a swollen toe.
"But that's all part of the fun and I cant wait to get stuck in to this one ."
To sponsor Nick you can either spot him on his round or you can ask any other postman in the PE15 postcode area for a sponsor form to be hand delivered to your door. Or you can donate in the collection box at the caller's office at March Delivery Office, or collect a sponsor form at the counter. Or via the link on Nick's facebook page or at http://www.justgiving.com/NICK-WINTERTON4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
March postie is hoping to deliver 1k for Great Ormond Street Hospital
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
March postie is hoping to deliver 1k for Great Ormond Street Hospital
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.