ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Failing Special Delivery(s)

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Failing Special Delivery(s)

Post by Postie45 »

your DOM is an imbecile
notsure.com
Posts: 12
Joined: 26 Jun 2018, 15:25
Gender: Male

Failing Special Delivery(s)

Post by notsure.com »

He's still pushing this agenda today. One of my colleagues told me it's to do with PDA actuals and showing that some duties are too big. If I'm on a (non-vanshare) town duty and get done around my finishing time then surely it doesn't matter if I cut off to do my specials as it's not costing them overtime. The whole thing is stressing me out - I have some colleagues failing specials and some disregarding what the manager says (myself included) and cutting off to do them. I just hope I'm doing the right thing. I did overhear one colleague today saying "I don't think you can get conducted for failing to fail a Special Delivery" :left:
LaggyBand
Posts: 1065
Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
Gender: Male

Failing Special Delivery(s)

Post by LaggyBand »

notsure.com wrote:He's still pushing this agenda today. One of my colleagues told me it's to do with PDA actuals and showing that some duties are too big. If I'm on a (non-vanshare) town duty and get done around my finishing time then surely it doesn't matter if I cut off to do my specials as it's not costing them overtime. The whole thing is stressing me out - I have some colleagues failing specials and some disregarding what the manager says (myself included) and cutting off to do them. I just hope I'm doing the right thing. I did overhear one colleague today saying "I don't think you can get conducted for failing to fail a Special Delivery" :left:
‘Ello ‘ello that’s what I said!

They want a standard day with no anomalies on the map for future reference. Dodgy
notsure.com
Posts: 12
Joined: 26 Jun 2018, 15:25
Gender: Male

Failing Special Delivery(s)

Post by notsure.com »

LaggyBand wrote:
notsure.com wrote:He's still pushing this agenda today. One of my colleagues told me it's to do with PDA actuals and showing that some duties are too big. If I'm on a (non-vanshare) town duty and get done around my finishing time then surely it doesn't matter if I cut off to do my specials as it's not costing them overtime. The whole thing is stressing me out - I have some colleagues failing specials and some disregarding what the manager says (myself included) and cutting off to do them. I just hope I'm doing the right thing. I did overhear one colleague today saying "I don't think you can get conducted for failing to fail a Special Delivery" :left:
‘Ello ‘ello that’s what I said!

They want a standard day with no anomalies on the map for future reference. Dodgy
I've only been in the job a few months but from what I've seen there's no such thing as a standard day. I'm no expert but surely there are better ways of doing this than failing Special Deliveries. How long do you carry on doing this and at what cost to the business? If I was a customer I would have second thoughts about using this service as it's no longer guaranteed. And what about the financial cost of refunding postage on all these failures? As you say dodgy.
Chewster
Posts: 527
Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
Gender: Male

Failing Special Delivery(s)

Post by Chewster »

We've all been told not to cut off for specials so that the PDA actuals can be accurate. Though surely, time for cutting off for specials should be part of the duty, meaning the PDA actuals cannot be that accurate...

I'm just waiting for the complaints to start rolling in!
LaggyBand
Posts: 1065
Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
Gender: Male

Failing Special Delivery(s)

Post by LaggyBand »

Celgar wrote:Either the DOM was pulling your leg or he needs the sack. It's standard practice to leave or change your usual route if you will not be able to deliver special delivery items in time. Even recording the route for PDA data to work out delivery windows for tracked items has to be sacrificed. SDs are the premium product - there is nothing more important to deliver.
Yeah.. sounds good in text but these chaps saying it’s not happening on the floor.

Computer screens are well important it turns out. Data at any cost, it seems.