ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Long service awards

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
plodplodplod
Posts: 56
Joined: 10 Nov 2013, 21:30
Gender: Male

Re: Long service awards

Post by plodplodplod »

aiden01 wrote:
comeracing wrote:sounds bad for me ive my 20th year coming up in june what will I get ? :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh
zilch done away with 20 yr service award unless you count a certificate as a long service award miserable c..ts
for 20 years you will get a cheap badge to pin on your high vis you have to wear. thats it.
NWpostie
Posts: 3620
Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
Gender: Male
Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9

Long service awards

Post by NWpostie »

Got mine last year, £100 voucher, pin badge and a a small card small certificate marking 30 years, at least my 10 and 20 year certificate was glossy and A4 size.

No dinner dance event, the last time I was invited was 10 year dinner but I was going away and asked if there is an alternative date I can go on, heard nothing.

Very dissapointing really.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Long service awards

Post by Celgar »

I got a certificate and pin on the ten years. Twenty year one last year and that was just the pin but no certificate. I think for 30 year you get a pin , a catalogue to choose a gift from, and I think a dinner thing that I wouldn't bother with probably.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
DiamondSmiles
Posts: 498
Joined: 05 Feb 2009, 20:03
Gender: Male

Long service awards

Post by DiamondSmiles »

Celgar wrote:I got a certificate and pin on the ten years. Twenty year one last year and that was just the pin but no certificate. I think for 30 year you get a pin , a catalogue to choose a gift from, and I think a dinner thing that I wouldn't bother with probably.
Don't count on the dinner, i never got that. £100 voucher and a 'Dear Colleague' well done short note from Moya. Class.........
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

Re: Long service awards

Post by Brandy »

plodplodplod wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
comeracing wrote:sounds bad for me ive my 20th year coming up in june what will I get ? :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh
zilch done away with 20 yr service award unless you count a certificate as a long service award miserable c..ts
for 20 years you will get a cheap badge to pin on your high vis you have to wear. thats it.
To think that I missed out on this wonderful badge by 1 year.I am gutted! :chuckle
I hate walk 38
Posts: 2
Joined: 23 Nov 2016, 16:19
Gender: Male

Long service awards

Post by I hate walk 38 »

Just asked my manager for my 10 year pin as its been sitting in his office with a few others since March.
For 10 years is it just a poxy pin or should I get something else like a voucher?
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Long service awards

Post by aiden01 »

I hate walk 38 wrote:Just asked my manager for my 10 year pin as its been sitting in his office with a few others since March.
For 10 years is it just a poxy pin or should I get something else like a voucher?
thats your lot.
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Long service awards

Post by robbertwhitton »

Yes the award is they let you do 31!,, joking apart well done for doing 30 years I’m on my 36 and cracks beginning to appear
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Long service awards

Post by robbertwhitton »

aiden01 wrote:
I hate walk 38 wrote:Just asked my manager for my 10 year pin as its been sitting in his office with a few others since March.
For 10 years is it just a poxy pin or should I get something else like a voucher?
thats your lot.
Well that just about sums things up don’t you think?not much else to say about this company and employee relations,yet another shameful example of really not giving a damm!
hothothot
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 422
Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
Gender: Male

Long service awards

Post by hothothot »

Any body who survives for more than 10 years should be awarded with a knighthood !.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72759
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Long service awards

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

hothothot wrote:Any body who survives for more than 10 years should be awarded with a knighthood !.
and on retirement, with beatification. :hmmmm
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
mattjo1@talktalk.net
Posts: 93
Joined: 20 Jun 2014, 21:11
Gender: Male

Long service awards

Post by mattjo1@talktalk.net »

Done 30 years and happy.

Why should anyone get something for doing their job and getting well paid for it. Take Take Take.


If you don't like it leave
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72759
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Long service awards

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

mattjo1@talktalk.net wrote:Done 30 years and happy.

Why should anyone get something for doing their job and getting well paid for it. Take Take Take.


If you don't like it leave
May I suggest the same, if you don't like people complaining on RMC, then you are more than free to take your own advice.

In the meantime, let people vent their frustrations.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
mattjo1@talktalk.net
Posts: 93
Joined: 20 Jun 2014, 21:11
Gender: Male

Long service awards

Post by mattjo1@talktalk.net »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
mattjo1@talktalk.net wrote:Done 30 years and happy.

Why should anyone get something for doing their job and getting well paid for it. Take Take Take.


If you don't like it leave
May I suggest the same, if you don't like people complaining on RMC, then you are more than free to take your own advice.

In the meantime, let people vent their frustrations.
Pathetic frustrations. If so many people are unhappy why don't they get another job. Royal Mail is a good employer, but Royal Mail culture encourages laziness which many of the people on here are
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Long service awards

Post by aiden01 »

mattjo1@talktalk.net wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
mattjo1@talktalk.net wrote:Done 30 years and happy.

Why should anyone get something for doing their job and getting well paid for it. Take Take Take.


If you don't like it leave
May I suggest the same, if you don't like people complaining on RMC, then you are more than free to take your own advice.

In the meantime, let people vent their frustrations.
Pathetic frustrations. If so many people are unhappy why don't they get another job. Royal Mail is a good employer, but Royal Mail culture encourages laziness which many of the people on here are
So what rm culture encourages laziness. maybe the bullying an harassment from some managers people not getting paid ot on time just to name a few. :thumbdown :thumbdown