SpacePhoenix wrote:How big a difference in terms of the number of boxes of:
* Flats
* Manual Letters
* Sequenced Letters
for this week and for a normal week?
There is a noticeable drop in the amount of marketing/'junk mail' style Flats. Bundles seem to be just letters rather than a mix. I can't really be more specific than that so sorry for that. In previous summers I don't generally save that much time but this past week or two I have been saving quite a lot. This definitely hasn't happened in previous years when we get the same old **** guff from RM that volumes are down. It lines up with the implementation of GDPR so it would seem to much of a coincidence to not be correct.
On the subject of the GDPR isn't it the case that if a marketing company wishes to send you items in the post they have to get your permission first ?
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
Things like catalogues they have to get the recpient's permission to send them now afaik, as well as any other marketing type stuff. Don't know if d2d are covered, possibly at some point people might need to opt-in to receive them. Don't know if senders or magazines or newsletters will ow have to get permission to send them, or if auto-renewel of them will now be illegal. Long term flat volumes might be a fair bit lower, will it be financially viable for RM to use the T2K machines, given the variety of packets and letters they shove through them now to justify their use.
If the drop-off is long term would it be more financially viable for RM to have dedicated packet duties?
Today was the quietest day I have seen in a long time, junk mail definitely down usually get screwfix magazines on a Monday but haven’t had them for a while. The office I work in is lapsing 3 duties at the moment & manager has said his boss wants to lapse more duties!
SpacePhoenix wrote: Don't know if d2d are covered, possibly at some point people might need to opt-in to receive them.
They aren't.
GDPR = General Data Protection Regulations
D2Ds have no Data that applies to this new legislation, letter, parcels and packets do. Which is why I think "Deliver to a Neighbour" is under question.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
SpacePhoenix wrote: Don't know if d2d are covered, possibly at some point people might need to opt-in to receive them.
They aren't.
GDPR = General Data Protection Regulations
D2Ds have no Data that applies to this new legislation, letter, parcels and packets do. Which is why I think "Deliver to a Neighbour" is under question.
Sorry for being a bit thick. But how is it affecting deliver to neighbour?
SpacePhoenix wrote: Don't know if d2d are covered, possibly at some point people might need to opt-in to receive them.
They aren't.
GDPR = General Data Protection Regulations
D2Ds have no Data that applies to this new legislation, letter, parcels and packets do. Which is why I think "Deliver to a Neighbour" is under question.
Sorry for being a bit thick. But how is it affecting deliver to neighbour?
Technically the letter or packet contains data of the recipient, in form of a name to that address. The recipient may not have given explicit consent to allow royal mail to share that information by giving the letter/parcel to another address, which would be sharing that data??
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
They are supposed to get permission but i've noticed some companies have just switched to addressing it to "the homeowner". No personal data so presumably not covered !!
SpacePhoenix wrote: Don't know if d2d are covered, possibly at some point people might need to opt-in to receive them.
They aren't.
GDPR = General Data Protection Regulations
D2Ds have no Data that applies to this new legislation, letter, parcels and packets do. Which is why I think "Deliver to a Neighbour" is under question.
Sorry for being a bit thick. But how is it affecting deliver to neighbour?
Technically the letter or packet contains data of the recipient, in form of a name to that address. The recipient may not have given explicit consent to allow royal mail to share that information by giving the letter/parcel to another address, which would be sharing that data??
Well last week in our office at least, was certainly looking like just one of them random freak light weeks that we get in the summer ... volumes have been well up this week and I've been going over every day.
wacko74 wrote:Well last week in our office at least, was certainly looking like just one of them random freak light weeks that we get in the summer ... volumes have been well up this week and I've been going over every day.
Yep, same here. Oh well, it was nice while it lasted.