Where an employee is unable to attend for work due to illness, they must notify their manager as soon as possible, before the beginning of their shift or usual work start time and in accordance with the local arrangements set out for their office or work location.
The employee should advise their manager of the reason for their absence, the likely duration and anticipated return date. There should also be a discussion between the manager and the employee about any support which Royal Mail Group may be able to offer, including any support that may be able to assist the employee in their return to work.
Where the employee's absence is going to be longer than a few days, the manager and employee should agree how they will maintain contact during the period of the absence, both the level of contact - how often, and the method e.g. email, telephone conversation. This is to ensure that managers are kept fully aware of the situation, can reallocate work and plan ahead where necessary.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Gone sick today - multiple texts and calls?
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Gone sick today - multiple texts and calls?
This is from the Absence Notification Guidelines.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Gone sick today - multiple texts and calls?
It doesn’t actually state you must phone the office anywhere in the attendance agreement. It doesn’t matter what method you use, as long as you notify them asap, ideally before the shift starts. No wonder text messages are sent rather than talking over the phone where you get pressured to come into work.
Royal Mail has some nerve to print “Royal Mail Supports Mental Health” on the letters.
Royal Mail has some nerve to print “Royal Mail Supports Mental Health” on the letters.
-
camelelf
- Posts: 64
- Joined: 17 Oct 2015, 18:15
- Gender: Male
Gone sick today - multiple texts and calls?
The manager I was texting, the only ‘nice’ one there, was happy with a text as an update. He asked to call me and I politely said I’d speak to him about the absence when I return. Now the DOM was texting me and I told him the exact same I told the Lino, that I’m off this week due to the same illness, and expect to return on Monday as normal.
Now I’m being asked to go in to a meeting tomorrow morning. This doesn’t seem okay to request? I’ve said I expect to be back on Monday, so why can’t it wait until then?
Now I’m being asked to go in to a meeting tomorrow morning. This doesn’t seem okay to request? I’ve said I expect to be back on Monday, so why can’t it wait until then?
-
hothothot
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 422
- Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
- Gender: Male
Gone sick today - multiple texts and calls?
Tell your Dom your too ill to come to work but your welcome to come to your home but you incist on your union rep be present. I bet he cancells the meeting. If he doesn't offer him a nice cup of tea you've pissed in.
-
General Mannerheim
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2299
- Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
- Gender: Male
- Location: Stalag 17
Gone sick today - multiple texts and calls?
I find the yes you can come and visit me on a Saturday a great leveller as well.,needless to say he's never been.hothothot wrote:Tell your Dom your too ill to come to work but your welcome to come to your home but you incist on your union rep be present. I bet he cancells the meeting. If he doesn't offer him a nice cup of tea you've pissed in.
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Gone sick today - multiple texts and calls?
DOM is obligated to come and visit you if you are unwell for a period of time whether you are at hospital or at home or elsewhere. Sending a text or getting your partner or relative to phone on your behalf could be seen as dodgy or avoidance. Best to call yourself unless you have lost your voice.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.