ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Best trainers for Plantar Fasciitis

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
peshwaarinaan
Posts: 381
Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
Gender: Female

Best trainers for Plantar Fasciitis

Post by peshwaarinaan »

I nearly had to finish work due to PF and other foot problems. The Podiatry Department at the hospital took casts of my feet and made custom orthotics which have helped hugely. My arches have collapsed and I have really benefited from sessions with an Osteopath as my pelvis was twisted (not cheap at £45 for 45 minute). When I look back to this time last year I was in so much pain but now it's so much better. I wear Karrimor trainers which cost £30 a pair. I also on the waiting list for Shockwave therapy which is supposed to really help but the waiting list is 9 months on the NHS.

Good luck. I know how painful it is!!!!
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72759
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Best trainers for Plantar Fasciitis

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
ham2505
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 11
Joined: 30 Apr 2011, 18:08
Gender: Male

Best trainers for Plantar Fasciitis

Post by ham2505 »

Had this for four years.....totally down to this job....referred by doctor to podiatrist....feet in sponge casts...full length insoles custom made for free within 6 weeks ..I get them renewed every 8 months or so...I put them in the magnum shoe...then as renew put the old ones in trainers or outside work shoes
peshwaarinaan
Posts: 381
Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
Gender: Female

Best trainers for Plantar Fasciitis

Post by peshwaarinaan »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
I've got a painful heel spur too TBT so can't wait for this! I was referred in November so not long now!
plodplodplod
Posts: 56
Joined: 10 Nov 2013, 21:30
Gender: Male

Best trainers for Plantar Fasciitis

Post by plodplodplod »

peshwaarinaan wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
I've got a painful heel spur too TBT so can't wait for this! I was referred in November so not long now!
mate even though ive stated that people who suffer with this misery (aka plantar fasciitis) should knock up for 6 months, eventually shockwave was the only thing that worked for me! and thank flip.good luck.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Best trainers for Plantar Fasciitis

Post by aiden01 »

sf25 wrote:How do I go about getting £30 towards footwear? I have been to a podiatrist and I have insoles but the royal mail footwear are far too bulky and pooly made for the job we do.
Get a letter off your podiatrist and give it to your manager with a receipt of trainers you have purchased.
Justanotherstar
Posts: 351
Joined: 28 Dec 2012, 10:43
Gender: Male

Best trainers for Plantar Fasciitis

Post by Justanotherstar »

sf25 wrote:Hi. I suffer from Plantar Fasciitis and I know it is very common in our job. I cannot wear any of the Royal Mail uniform trainers. I have a pair of Reebok trainers at the moment that someone suggested on here but they are now £80 and were only £35 when I bought them before. Can anyone suggest any others?

Reebok outlets have 50% off atm and theres a code on hotukdeals somewhere for an extra 20% off, be worth a look.
codeye
Posts: 4
Joined: 22 Dec 2012, 06:29
Gender: Male

Best trainers for Plantar Fasciitis

Post by codeye »

I had this problem for a long time with the trainers, i changed my foot wear to the magnum boot and i have never suffered from Plantar Fascitis since. Everyone who suffers with this at my depot wear trainers, i'm convinced the trainers are the problem.
Lou76
Posts: 5
Joined: 10 Oct 2017, 21:58
Gender: Female

Best trainers for Plantar Fasciitis

Post by Lou76 »

I got some heal cushioning insoles and arch supports for my trainers and boots as I suffer from PF too. I've also just bought a foot splint to wear at night, sounds like it would be a nightmare to wear, but it provides instant relief when i put it on, and stretches my tendon all night, so in the morning i'm not hobbling around first thing!!
peshwaarinaan
Posts: 381
Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
Gender: Female

Best trainers for Plantar Fasciitis

Post by peshwaarinaan »

plodplodplod wrote:
peshwaarinaan wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
I've got a painful heel spur too TBT so can't wait for this! I was referred in November so not long now!
mate even though ive stated that people who suffer with this misery (aka plantar fasciitis) should knock up for 6 months, eventually shockwave was the only thing that worked for me! and thank flip.good luck.
Oh wow! Really? Looking forward to having it! :Very Happy