ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
-
plodplodplod
- Posts: 56
- Joined: 10 Nov 2013, 21:30
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
being told ive got an easy walk by people constantly finishing earlier than anyone else and then being told i must therefore be slow.
so since the revision was done using algorithms and highly paid planners applying those computing skills costing £35k per annum, there can be NO other reason some walks finish later than others other than the laziness of the postman doing it. So even though royal mail admit, nay they bragg, about delivering more parcels than ever before, if youre on one of those walks that now gets more parcels than before and if can't you complete its because of YOUR slowness, YOUR reluctance to embrace change !
-
Tinoblade
- Posts: 252
- Joined: 13 Jan 2018, 19:51
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
The guy which pops his head out his window EVERYDAY and says “shut the gate”
-
veryn
- Posts: 82
- Joined: 30 Jan 2011, 09:10
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
One older bloke who can't sign on the pda. I keep friggin telling him , don't lean your hand on the screen as you sign , it won't work.
Then he gets all frustrated with it.
I've given up now, I just tell him to use his finger
Then he gets all frustrated with it.
I've given up now, I just tell him to use his finger
-
Chris413
- Posts: 71
- Joined: 13 Jul 2018, 07:52
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
Parcels and packages, never seen so many for an area where I deliver knowing the a vast percentage of them are on benefits, how the hell they afford them god knows.
-
MinTee
- Posts: 82
- Joined: 03 Jan 2018, 15:20
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
Those claiming benny and have excess for parcels are smart ones that know how to rinse the system for all they can. Good to know that they’re pissing the money away to China buying from Wish at any moment they can.
-
BELIAL
- Posts: 6758
- Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
- Gender: Female
- Location: Nowhere
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
Work load ."there's nothing there" and even if there is "I have no resources,so you won't be paid to extend" ."IF you fail to complete you will be taken down the conduct code,so you better work for nothing,OR ELSE"
Forget protocol and procedure, management do ,and they will drag it out for months and months ,attrition is the name of the game.
Forget protocol and procedure, management do ,and they will drag it out for months and months ,attrition is the name of the game.
Bye
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
-
crimson king
- Posts: 783
- Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
Those letterbox cages might be annoying in terms of getting in catalogues and A4 letters, but I'll take them all day long against dogs snatching and attacking the mail as you push it through.
They, or external boxes, should be mandatory for dog owners, in my opinion.
They, or external boxes, should be mandatory for dog owners, in my opinion.
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
-
p5aul789
- Posts: 59
- Joined: 18 Sep 2012, 10:03
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
The black middle box looks like one of those stupid small outside boxes.Jpro747 wrote:
How people think all their mail can fit into those is beyond me!
Mind you...from experience, I have found that these tend to belong to the more denser members of the public!!
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3728
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
At the moment it's letters coming through with the address printed in a font that's barely 1mm high from a return address given
as PO BOX 12304 Edinburgh - I think it's one of the banks.....not too bad in the summer daylight but I'd hate to have to read them
in the murk of short winter days.
as PO BOX 12304 Edinburgh - I think it's one of the banks.....not too bad in the summer daylight but I'd hate to have to read them
in the murk of short winter days.
-
p5aul789
- Posts: 59
- Joined: 18 Sep 2012, 10:03
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
The shooting of dogs should be mandatory in my opinion!crimson king wrote:Those letterbox cages might be annoying in terms of getting in catalogues and A4 letters, but I'll take them all day long against dogs snatching and attacking the mail as you push it through.
They, or external boxes, should be mandatory for dog owners, in my opinion.
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
I use dogs to help me get fiddly packets through the letter box. Plus you can always get revenge on them for having a dog snatching at the mail. Is when they get a replacement bank card I always put the card end in first.crimson king wrote:Those letterbox cages might be annoying in terms of getting in catalogues and A4 letters, but I'll take them all day long against dogs snatching and attacking the mail as you push it through.
They, or external boxes, should be mandatory for dog owners, in my opinion.
-
Tinoblade
- Posts: 252
- Joined: 13 Jan 2018, 19:51
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
I posted a box with fragile on it today, didn’t realise there was a dog. But as soon as it hit the deck I heard it get ripped to shreds. Feel badCPTNemoUK wrote:I use dogs to help me get fiddly packets through the letter box. Plus you can always get revenge on them for having a dog snatching at the mail. Is when they get a replacement bank card I always put the card end in first.crimson king wrote:Those letterbox cages might be annoying in terms of getting in catalogues and A4 letters, but I'll take them all day long against dogs snatching and attacking the mail as you push it through.
They, or external boxes, should be mandatory for dog owners, in my opinion.
-
Xr4
- Posts: 107
- Joined: 23 Apr 2016, 09:15
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
There's a dog on a round I cover that without fail rips it out of your hand and tears into what ever you've posted. It it wrong that I quite enjoy feeding it delicate items?
Oh and everyday the owner shouts at it as it does it too and says not again! Would of thought they'd have the sense to put a box up!
Oh and everyday the owner shouts at it as it does it too and says not again! Would of thought they'd have the sense to put a box up!
-
David walters
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 44
- Joined: 17 Jan 2017, 19:22
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
Yep you defo right on everything you said the lazy ones with easy walks slag of people with hard walks and they are are fin 2 hrs before u and go bk to dom tell them you round is easy


