Stroud postman helps raise £250,000 in 54-mile-hike
http://www.stroudnewsandjournal.co.uk/n ... mile-hike/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.stroudnewsandjournal.co.uk/resources/images/7940459/?type=responsive-gallery-fullscreenA POSTMAN from Stroud conquered a gruelling 54-mile hike this year to raise money for ABF The Soldiers Charity.
After serving for 9 years in the Coldstream Guards, Kevin Cooke who suffers from PTSD and type 1 diabetes discussed why he is inspired by the Cateran Yomp.
"During my time in the army I did five tours which took me to Bosnia and Northern Ireland," said Kevin.
"This inspired me to help others who suffer from mental health illnesses."
After managing an impressive time of 19 hours in last years hike to come 67th out of nearly 800 participants Kevin eclipsed his record.
"I managed to complete the hike in just over 17 hours out of 886 who went the full distance," added Kevin.
This put him in the top 50, in an event that is classed as the biggest and toughest of this type.
Overall participants raised a massive £250,000 for ABF in support of military veterans.
"After finishing I felt quite emotional and I signed up for next year straight away," Kevin explained.
"In the future it would be nice if more residents from Stroud would take part in this wonderful event."
For more information on the Cateran Yomp please visit facebook.com/cateranyomp
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Stroud postman helps raise 250k in 54-mile-hike
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Stroud postman helps raise 250k in 54-mile-hike
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.