ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Royal Mail bosses reveal action taken on house-invading postie

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Royal Mail bosses reveal action taken on house-invading postie

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/n ... er-1609863" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The postman kept entering a woman's house to deliver the post so she complained

The postman that let himself into the house of a Gloucestershire woman has ‘been spoken to’ by Royal Mail bosses.

A 49-year-old woman from Hardwicke alleged the postman had been caught on two separate occasions letting himself into the a house in Hardwicke in order to deliver mail.

His refusal to use the letterbox saw the woman complain to the Royal Mail.

And it has been revealed the postman will keep his job following his misdemeanour but has been warned by Royal Mail bosses.

A Royal Mail spokeswoman said: “The employee in question has been spoken to, so as to ensure that there is no repeat incident.

“He is well aware of how his actions affected the customer and we apologise for the incident.”


The woman told Gloucestershire Live earlier this week: “I was totally shocked when I saw him walk into my house, I couldn’t believe what I was seeing.

“He did it twice in two weeks before I confronted him.


“He knocked on the door and as I went to answer it, he just let himself in.”

The Royal Mail have confirmed that they do not advise that their staff enter a property to deliver post.


The woman added: “I don’t know what he was playing at.

“He was just in my house. He said that he was leaving the post in the porch of the house, but we don’t even have a porch.

“I don’t know when he didn’t just post it through the letterbox.”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
meercat
Posts: 814
Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 16:15
Gender: Male

Royal Mail bosses reveal action taken on house-invading postie

Post by meercat »

This is incredible. Sounds like she has a porch built on her house but the door opens directly onto her living accommodation. You see this occasionally but it's rare. He's obviously absent-mindedly opened the door a second time the following week thinking it's just another open porch and for mail security he needs to use the internal letter box. I imagine he's done no more than take a single step inside to leave mail at where he's expecting her front door to be or use an internal letter box. Incredible that RM have apologised for this and he's been given a warning! OMG.
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Royal Mail bosses reveal action taken on house-invading postie

Post by DB1100 »

It's a bit daft to leave your front door unlocked in this day and age anyway,but to do it twice beggers believe
For we were soldiers once,and young