Agreed. It's highly unlikely that errors on the A+ would be justification to put letters with an SG or MP postcode into trays for HP postcode for example. Yet this has happened for years with everything including packets & parcels.Ozzvaldo wrote:These machines do not seem to be infallible. Every single day my "buddy boxes" and sequenced contain miss-sorts from different parts of the country (and not the same places every day either) as well as within the office.
Of the external miss-sorts, some are for similarly named towns, albeit nowhere near us, and some are for random places that have no obvious similarity to where I work. This is not just on my delivery, but occurs on all deliveries in my unit. I find it difficult to accept that random addresses from far and wide across the UK are arriving in my office purely because of A+ inaccuracies.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
% of Manual Letters Vs Sequenced Letters
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
% of Manual Letters Vs Sequenced Letters
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
Chewster
- Posts: 527
- Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
- Gender: Male
% of Manual Letters Vs Sequenced Letters
I've got quite a small frame but I generally just get 1 tray of mech mail in the morning and everything else is IPS. 2 trays if it's a really busy day.
We've been told that our MC will be getting a sorting machine at some point in the next couple of years so should get a lot more mech mail then I suppose
We've been told that our MC will be getting a sorting machine at some point in the next couple of years so should get a lot more mech mail then I suppose
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12199
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
% of Manual Letters Vs Sequenced Letters
If Network 18 ends up with mail getting to MCs later, then for wave 2 a higher % will go manual for some batches where it comes in or gets run through a iLSM/IMP after the batch is run on a CSSChewster wrote:I've got quite a small frame but I generally just get 1 tray of mech mail in the morning and everything else is IPS. 2 trays if it's a really busy day.
We've been told that our MC will be getting a sorting machine at some point in the next couple of years so should get a lot more mech mail then I suppose
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
% of Manual Letters Vs Sequenced Letters
We had a lot of missorted parcels for Reigate in Surrey which is nowhere near us mixed into the Yorks on Saturday. I think someone maybe wanted to get home earlier or something.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.