ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Had A Heated Row With Colleague/Rep Today !!! :-(((
-
jd9442
- Posts: 218
- Joined: 22 Apr 2017, 20:57
- Gender: Male
Had A Heated Row With Colleague/Rep Today !!! :-(((
‘Bu bu but I’m a woman’
‘How can he talk to a woman like that’
‘He’s a man and I’m a woman!!’
‘He’s a grown man and I’m just a tiny little woman’
Zzz
‘How can he talk to a woman like that’
‘He’s a man and I’m a woman!!’
‘He’s a grown man and I’m just a tiny little woman’
Zzz
-
miles_peters
- Posts: 298
- Joined: 19 Jul 2014, 12:29
- Gender: Male
Had A Heated Row With Colleague/Rep Today !!! :-(((
I don't blame you for being pissed off. being a reserve for royal mail was one of the most upsetting and stressful times in my life.
As for a rep speaking to you like they did, I personally would report him and take it as far as possible to make sure he gets punished and hopefully loses his rep position, I would not stand for it in any shape or form.
As for a rep speaking to you like they did, I personally would report him and take it as far as possible to make sure he gets punished and hopefully loses his rep position, I would not stand for it in any shape or form.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Had A Heated Row With Colleague/Rep Today !!! :-(((
I'm generally against all the 'political correctness' & 'nanny-state' type stuff that happens nowadays but I'm against and generally wouldn't swear at a woman. Maybe it's a generational thing but I just don't think it's a 'nice' thing to do. For that matter I would generally refrain from swearing at anyone as it is counter productive and can result in a violent response.jd9442 wrote:‘Bu bu but I’m a woman’
‘How can he talk to a woman like that’
‘He’s a man and I’m a woman!!’
‘He’s a grown man and I’m just a tiny little woman’
Zzz
Life is too short.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
danterossetti
- Posts: 136
- Joined: 19 May 2013, 18:19
- Gender: Male
Had A Heated Row With Colleague/Rep Today !!! :-(((
The term snowflake applies to young people who think they are special and unique, like real snowflakes
Other than frozen rain, a "snowflake" is a term used to describe used an overly sensitive person who thinks the world revolves around them.
Snowflakes gasp in horror when they hear an opinion they don't like, and believe they have a right to be protected from anything unpalatable.The word has become so popular it was added to the Oxford English Dictionary in January 2018.
The experts say snowflake is "now used as an insult to describe someone who is ‘overly sensitive or as feeling entitled to special treatment or consideration’.
Other than frozen rain, a "snowflake" is a term used to describe used an overly sensitive person who thinks the world revolves around them.
Snowflakes gasp in horror when they hear an opinion they don't like, and believe they have a right to be protected from anything unpalatable.The word has become so popular it was added to the Oxford English Dictionary in January 2018.
The experts say snowflake is "now used as an insult to describe someone who is ‘overly sensitive or as feeling entitled to special treatment or consideration’.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Had A Heated Row With Colleague/Rep Today !!! :-(((
If you cant offer advice then its better you don't post.mattjo1@talktalk.net wrote:Snowflake alert.
This forum was set up to help people and let them sound off, it was not to allow people to be confrontational.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Had A Heated Row With Colleague/Rep Today !!! :-(((
If you cant offer advice then its better you don't post.jd9442 wrote:‘Bu bu but I’m a woman’
‘How can he talk to a woman like that’
‘He’s a man and I’m a woman!!’
‘He’s a grown man and I’m just a tiny little woman’
Zzz
This forum was set up to help people and let them sound off, it was not to allow people to be confrontational.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Had A Heated Row With Colleague/Rep Today !!! :-(((
Just to be clear you can post what you want, within reason, but if you disagree with someone, or with the actions they took, then follow the rules
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/community/rules.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/community/rules.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Calling someone a snowflake or "zzz" is not "picking holes in their position in a constructive way", its confrontational and unwelcome.If someone has a different position to you please respect their right to have differing views, and enjoy yourself when picking holes in their position in a constructive way. We would much rather have a long-winded well thought out argument, picking out weak points in someone's position, than have a thread full of 1 line insults.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Had A Heated Row With Colleague/Rep Today !!! :-(((
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:If you cant offer advice then its better you don't post.mattjo1@talktalk.net wrote:Snowflake alert.
This forum was set up to help people and let them sound off, it was not to allow people to be confrontational.
You tell them
-
Interested-seeker
- Posts: 442
- Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
- Gender: Female
Had A Heated Row With Colleague/Rep Today !!! :-(((
That is very unprofessional and totally unacceptable behaviour from him. Do try to refrain from swearing though as this will reflect badly on you if you decided to go to HR.
Sounds like your rep is hoping to be manager one day...
Sounds like your rep is hoping to be manager one day...
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Had A Heated Row With Colleague/Rep Today !!! :-(((
It might be smarter to reconsider using your email address as a user name before you call people names. Using online forums doesn't take a genius but.....mattjo1@talktalk.net wrote:Snowflake alert.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Had A Heated Row With Colleague/Rep Today !!! :-(((
good point fishtank https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 36&t=86081" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.myroyalmail.com/thinksecure/social-media" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.myroyalmail.com/thinksecure/social-media" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Personal use of social media should only be undertaken outside of working hours. However, even outside of working hours employees must not use social media to share or post negative messages, images about Royal Mail Group, its employees, customers, partners, suppliers or any other aspect of its business that could be damaging to our reputation of that could be damaging or harmful to others.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Had A Heated Row With Colleague/Rep Today !!! :-(((
I suppose this boils down to what kind of a personality you have. Take it for granted that your Rep should know better... it's not generally accepted to swear at women... and you could go down the B&H route.MissKazzyB wrote:Hi Guys
What’s your guys advice on this.
I know some Posties that would nearly faint if you told them to F Off, yet others aren't too bothered to engage in swapping insults. In a DO I think you need to judge who you can get "Loud" with (Normally the Office Gobshite) and who you can't (often some of our more mature female colleagues).
As previously mentioned we've only got to put up with some of these idiots for a few hours in the morning before we can escape out onto delivery. I find putting on some headphones and listening to my own music... NOT BLOODY RADIO 1.... helps a lot. It's easy to ignore the mindless drivel that some of my colleagues like to spout and I don't get involved in silly slagging matches. Hope your problem gets resolved. Try not to let the job stress you anymore than necessary.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)