Kudos, Sir, for sneaking that last one in there. Well played indeed.clashcityrocker wrote:People
People with dogs
Dogs
Spiders
People who order that Graze stuff but don't have a letter box big enough for the box.
When the hole is smaller than the flaps would suggest.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
-
crimson king
- Posts: 783
- Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
-
David walters
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 44
- Joined: 17 Jan 2017, 19:22
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
When the sat nav keeps come on my pda and I can’t switch the bloody thing off haha
-
Flora
- Posts: 36
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 09:25
- Gender: Female
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
Hanging baskets!!!! already nutted a few placed right above outside letterboxes. Also I have 28 flats all with their letterboxes at the bottom of the doors which I hate hate hate.
-
goneaway
- Posts: 314
- Joined: 20 Oct 2016, 19:50
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
Doors with ankle height letterboxes, but also a centrally placed doorknob directly above. Nutted them as well getting up from the ground.
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
I've got one of them on my round. And it's a big massive cast iron onegoneaway wrote:Doors with ankle height letterboxes, but also a centrally placed doorknob directly above. Nutted them as well getting up from the ground.
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3728
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
When parked up on road to deliver, the first overtaking driver who doesn't indicate when overtaking to show that you are a potential obstruction in the carriageway
then the following drivers behind travelling far too fast and close get closer and closer to you as they overtake as they don't know you're there and don't see you......
then the following drivers behind travelling far too fast and close get closer and closer to you as they overtake as they don't know you're there and don't see you......
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4198
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
The rather annoying bloke who's got nothing else to do but sit there watching the postie to ensure that he/she closes the gate properly
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
David walters
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 44
- Joined: 17 Jan 2017, 19:22
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
The recycle lorries parked in middle of road and no ways is he moving 15 mins later and u are still wait to pass wat a twit driver
-
Grinder64
- Posts: 245
- Joined: 28 Oct 2009, 17:54
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
Vaguely reminiscent of an old flame...clashcityrocker wrote:
When the hole is smaller than the flaps would suggest.
You do the work, they get the loot. The men with the smiles and the 3 piece suits.
-
p5aul789
- Posts: 59
- Joined: 18 Sep 2012, 10:03
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
One thing I cannot stand is dogs sniffing around me!
Today;
A women walks past me with a pathetic little s**t of a poodle. As she walked past the dog attempted to jump up at me, (It was on the lead).
I took exception to this and moved away to prevent it getting nearer. As I did so i said "p**s off". The women took exception to this and complained, to which I replied, "I don't want your dog sniffing around me thanks very much".
No apology from the women, of course it was my fault!
Yesterday, I posted a packet though a letter box and walked away, just as one of the householders was coming to the house. He said " Is that for me"?
I replied "that's why I posted it though your letterbox" He took exception to my tone of voice. He said "that's cheeky" I said "well you shouldn't be such an idiot"
He took exception to this, a hot headed young asian guy.
He kept repeating, "did you just called me an idiot" following me up the road as i continued to go to houses posting.
"What's your name"?, he kept asking. I ignored him.
Another incident; A front door was open, so I threw the mail (just one letter) on the floor. A woman in her 60's and (looking rather unfit) was standing behind the door.
I didn't see her there.
"Iv'e got to bend down and pick that up now" she said, and repeated that again. I replied, "Sorry I didn't see you"
"Stop moaning" I said out of earshot as I walked away, "the exercise will do you good".
Today;
A women walks past me with a pathetic little s**t of a poodle. As she walked past the dog attempted to jump up at me, (It was on the lead).
I took exception to this and moved away to prevent it getting nearer. As I did so i said "p**s off". The women took exception to this and complained, to which I replied, "I don't want your dog sniffing around me thanks very much".
No apology from the women, of course it was my fault!
Yesterday, I posted a packet though a letter box and walked away, just as one of the householders was coming to the house. He said " Is that for me"?
I replied "that's why I posted it though your letterbox" He took exception to my tone of voice. He said "that's cheeky" I said "well you shouldn't be such an idiot"
He took exception to this, a hot headed young asian guy.
He kept repeating, "did you just called me an idiot" following me up the road as i continued to go to houses posting.
"What's your name"?, he kept asking. I ignored him.
Another incident; A front door was open, so I threw the mail (just one letter) on the floor. A woman in her 60's and (looking rather unfit) was standing behind the door.
I didn't see her there.
"Iv'e got to bend down and pick that up now" she said, and repeated that again. I replied, "Sorry I didn't see you"
"Stop moaning" I said out of earshot as I walked away, "the exercise will do you good".
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4198
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
Customers that come outside and put the letters that you just posted in the bin. "Can you stop putting rubbish through my letterbox" as the bin gets slammed shut. "Can't you see what it says on the door - no leaflets!!"
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
Rapidryan88
- Posts: 167
- Joined: 26 Apr 2018, 13:04
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
Hahaha you are mep5aul789 wrote:One thing I cannot stand is dogs sniffing around me!
Today;
A women walks past me with a pathetic little s**t of a poodle. As she walked past the dog attempted to jump up at me, (It was on the lead).
I took exception to this and moved away to prevent it getting nearer. As I did so i said "p**s off". The women took exception to this and complained, to which I replied, "I don't want your dog sniffing around me thanks very much".
No apology from the women, of course it was my fault!
Yesterday, I posted a packet though a letter box and walked away, just as one of the householders was coming to the house. He said " Is that for me"?
I replied "that's why I posted it though your letterbox" He took exception to my tone of voice. He said "that's cheeky" I said "well you shouldn't be such an idiot"
He took exception to this, a hot headed young asian guy.
He kept repeating, "did you just called me an idiot" following me up the road as i continued to go to houses posting.
"What's your name"?, he kept asking. I ignored him.
Another incident; A front door was open, so I threw the mail (just one letter) on the floor. A woman in her 60's and (looking rather unfit) was standing behind the door.
I didn't see her there.
"Iv'e got to bend down and pick that up now" she said, and repeated that again. I replied, "Sorry I didn't see you"
"Stop moaning" I said out of earshot as I walked away, "the exercise will do you good".
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2039
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
My body clock, still get uo @ 5.15am even on a Sunday!
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
David walters wrote:The recycle lorries parked in middle of road and no ways is he moving 15 mins later and u are still wait to pass wat a twit driver
Yes, one of my bugbears, and binmen definitely block the road unnecessarily and on purpose, I saw a documentary once when they were bragging about doing it.
I managed to get my own back one day when there was a bin lorry right up my arse, rushing to get back to their depot at the end of their shift, I had to stop on the single track lane to deliver a pkt and they couldn't get passed, I took a good 5 minutes to write the p739 out.
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
My rural round ,where I actually deliver to,and where my boss thinks I deliver to,how long my round takes doing it properly and how long my boss thinks it takes doing it properly,etc etc I think you get the drift,still delivering while I know people have g long gone home,and yes I’m 56 and after 37 years surprise surprise I am getting slower,and talk too much to my customers ,I do like to make a day of it!,