ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
p5aul789
Posts: 59
Joined: 18 Sep 2012, 10:03
Gender: Male

What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?

Post by p5aul789 »

postslippete wrote:Why is it 90% of customers still don't know how to use a PDA??

Why do I have to explain to each and every one of them exactly what they should do with it and where they should sign, only for them, to either 1. still don't understand, or 2. sign it, but not on the box in screen?

Why do one or two customers arrange a re-delivery and then are not in?
Using a PDA isn't rocket science is it? And of course there's the ones that say "Have I got it the right way up"?
Murdoch
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 572
Joined: 11 Apr 2018, 16:55
Gender: Male

What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?

Post by Murdoch »

postslippete wrote:Why is it 90% of customers still don't know how to use a PDA??
My issue is that the older folks on my rounds can't write on the PDA without resting their hand on the screen.

Why the hell RM didn't spend an extra 20p per PDA to get multi-touch screens is beyond me. I've demonstrated about 1000 times that you can only write when you're only touching one part of the screen, but the next time they're still clueless.

PRESSING HARDER DOESN'T WORK!!!!
CPTNemoUK
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 707
Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?

Post by CPTNemoUK »

Murdoch wrote:
postslippete wrote:Why is it 90% of customers still don't know how to use a PDA??
My issue is that the older folks on my rounds can't write on the PDA without resting their hand on the screen.

Why the hell RM didn't spend an extra 20p per PDA to get multi-touch screens is beyond me. I've demonstrated about 1000 times that you can only write when you're only touching one part of the screen, but the next time they're still clueless.

PRESSING HARDER DOESN'T WORK!!!!
I have found one way to get round that problem. I always take a pda without a pen so they have to use their finger. One problem with that though, you have to tell them not to use their nail but the skin of their finger. So you can't win. :arrrghhh
Murdoch
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 572
Joined: 11 Apr 2018, 16:55
Gender: Male

What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?

Post by Murdoch »

CPTNemoUK wrote: I have found one way to get round that problem. I always take a pda without a pen so they have to use their finger. One problem with that though, you have to tell them not to use their nail but the skin of their finger. So you can't win. :arrrghhh
Yeah, and the other 50% that can actually use the PDAs turn it upside down looking for the pen.
sindba
Posts: 1456
Joined: 05 Feb 2012, 20:27
Gender: Male

What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?

Post by sindba »

PDAs

I don't want to write a F...ING MEMO YOU LUMP OF JUNK

I just want to scan the thing

Why would I want to write a memo?!

Eggs
Milk
Toothpaste
Washing up liquid
NorthernPostman
Posts: 52
Joined: 13 Mar 2018, 06:16
Gender: Male

What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?

Post by NorthernPostman »

When the PDA comes up with "androidsystemhasstoppedworking" and has to reset the PDA. Everytime just after I've knocked on a customers door :arrrghhh :arrrghhh
pmacca3
Posts: 11
Joined: 03 Oct 2014, 19:45
Gender: Male

What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?

Post by pmacca3 »

sindba wrote:PDAs

I don't want to write a F...ING MEMO YOU LUMP OF JUNK

I just want to scan the thing

Why would I want to write a memo?!

Eggs
Milk
Toothpaste
Washing up liquid
This.
Why isn't there an option to lock the PDA on the pending jobs screen ? :arrrghhh
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16710
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?

Post by clashcityrocker »

People
People with dogs
Dogs
Spiders
People who order that Graze stuff but don't have a letter box big enough for the box.
When the hole is smaller than the flaps would suggest.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
SillySinStorm
Posts: 32
Joined: 22 Nov 2015, 09:36
Gender: Male

What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?

Post by SillySinStorm »

ParcelForce. So much ParcelForce. Why they even have a driver in our area is a mystery seeing as we take on EVERYTHING. The other day i delivered five 25kg conference tables, 2 sheds and a petrol lawnmower. All ParcelForce. Sick of it to be honest. It's hard enough completing without all the PF stuff....
p5aul789
Posts: 59
Joined: 18 Sep 2012, 10:03
Gender: Male

What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?

Post by p5aul789 »

Delivering packets or parcels;(Always from the dense ones) "Do I need to sign for it"?
yellowbelly
Posts: 3728
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
Gender: Male

What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?

Post by yellowbelly »

p5aul789 wrote:Delivering packets or parcels;(Always from the dense ones) "Do I need to sign for it"?
And:

Is it for me?

What is it?
crimson king
Posts: 783
Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
Gender: Male

What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?

Post by crimson king »

yellowbelly wrote:
p5aul789 wrote:Delivering packets or parcels;(Always from the dense ones) "Do I need to sign for it"?
And:

Is it for me?

What is it?
"Judging by the returns address, it's your latest batch of 'toys' from Lovehoney, madam. Have a fun afternoon!"
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
David walters
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 44
Joined: 17 Jan 2017, 19:22
Gender: Male

What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?

Post by David walters »

When you’ve bn off for a few wks and u come by to work with a massive pile of missorts wAit for u because the lazy git who’s bn in u rd Havant dne them
hothothot
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 422
Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
Gender: Male

What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?

Post by hothothot »

And D2ds that have been left.
Your late today
Posts: 57
Joined: 09 Oct 2017, 13:37
Gender: Male

What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?

Post by Your late today »

sindba wrote:PDAs

I don't want to write a F...ING MEMO YOU LUMP OF JUNK

I just want to scan the thing

Why would I want to write a memo?!

Eggs
Milk
Toothpaste
Washing up liquid
And why do they put the collection boxes on main screen every time you just look at it , it says early collection are you sure no just f# off.