ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

How to stop you been tracked.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
worktotime
Posts: 2866
Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
Gender: Male

How to stop you been tracked.

Post by worktotime »

number one wrote:Nothing will change when the PDA actuals come in. I finish before my time now and will continue to do so. Making the work load even doesn’t mean giving good posties more work than the rubbish ones. Just because I am good at my job why should I carry the ones who are deliberately slow? I will argue all day long about it and will win every time.
I'm glad I'm a s**t postie then and I bow down to you and well done , :Applause :Applause. its not an argument its coming sooner than you think .
hothothot
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 422
Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
Gender: Male

How to stop you been tracked.

Post by hothothot »

The best way to stop your self from being tracked it's simple, leave the job !! Just keep on sticking your heads in the sand. Nothing will change. The early finishers will still be an hour earlier than others. If you believe that your living in cloud cuckoo land.
LaggyBand
Posts: 1065
Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
Gender: Male

How to stop you been tracked.

Post by LaggyBand »

worktotime wrote:
LaggyBand wrote:The bottom line to all of this turns on the following:

When these PDA actuals come in, if you walk twice as slow and cut off, can anything actually be done by management to prevent you doing so?

The answer must be yes, else why would they be bringing it in?

And that mechanism is where the trouble is.
what can he do ? its there on the pdas and its nothing to do with him , if the powers above are saying you've got 100 working hours and theres only 70 hours showing on the mapping on the pdas , who do you think it will hit ? the posties working there hours or going over or the band of elite posties sat at home on pay ?
What I’m saying is, if it becomes almost (or completely) impossible to “make time”, then this ‘walk twice as slow’ thing will indeed become a thing. And because it will become a thing, they must have the intention to couple PDAs with a mechanism (wouldn’t be surprise if it was similar to the amazon warehouse PDA system, but twisted to fit the street), a mechanism to prevent posties simply walking twice as slow.

How that mechanism works is the concern, surely.
BELIAL
Posts: 6758
Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
Gender: Female
Location: Nowhere

How to stop you been tracked.

Post by BELIAL »

number one wrote:Nothing will change when the PDA actuals come in. I finish before my time now and will continue to do so. Making the work load even doesn’t mean giving good posties more work than the rubbish ones. Just because I am good at my job why should I carry the ones who are deliberately slow? I will argue all day long about it and will win every time.
IT will ,and you wont.
Try having a think about it.

Second thoughts , as you are ,I'm sure you will be suitably rewarded. Keep up the good work superman.
Bye
hothothot
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 422
Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
Gender: Male

How to stop you been tracked.

Post by hothothot »

They told us a few years ago we were supposed to walk at 6 miles per hour. What they gunner say I'm sorry but today you olny walked at 5 miles per hour. I'm going to throw my PDAs back and fourth a few times across the street see what they will make of that.
Darwinsdad
Posts: 78
Joined: 07 Mar 2016, 18:40
Gender: Male

How to stop you been tracked.

Post by Darwinsdad »

hothothot wrote:They told us a few years ago we were supposed to walk at 6 miles per hour. What they gunner say I'm sorry but today you olny walked at 5 miles per hour. I'm going to throw my PDAs back and fourth a few times across the street see what they will make of that.
Give your head a shake pal, the average walking speed in adults is 3-4 miles per hour. If I was to walk at 6 miles per hour, I’d complete the London Marathon in 4 hrs 22 mins.
A2B
Posts: 2033
Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 19:34
Gender: Male

How to stop you been tracked.

Post by A2B »

There's no way to set a delivery speed, there's too many variables to the delivery side of the job. The only people who it's going to worry are either deliberately dragging it out to book overtime or people finishing well before their time on a regular basis.

I'm almost starting to feel sorry for the DOMs because this is going to put them under a lot of pressure :nana how they going to hide the ghost overtime now :cuppa
worktotime
Posts: 2866
Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
Gender: Male

How to stop you been tracked.

Post by worktotime »

LaggyBand wrote:
worktotime wrote:
LaggyBand wrote:The bottom line to all of this turns on the following:

When these PDA actuals come in, if you walk twice as slow and cut off, can anything actually be done by management to prevent you doing so?

The answer must be yes, else why would they be bringing it in?

And that mechanism is where the trouble is.
what can he do ? its there on the pdas and its nothing to do with him , if the powers above are saying you've got 100 working hours and theres only 70 hours showing on the mapping on the pdas , who do you think it will hit ? the posties working there hours or going over or the band of elite posties sat at home on pay ?
What I’m saying is, if it becomes almost (or completely) impossible to “make time”, then this ‘walk twice as slow’ thing will indeed become a thing. And because it will become a thing, they must have the intention to couple PDAs with a mechanism (wouldn’t be surprise if it was similar to the amazon warehouse PDA system, but twisted to fit the street), a mechanism to prevent posties simply walking twice as slow.

How that mechanism works is the concern, surely.
pdas don't measure speed of walking and if it did they cant use that as a tool or conduct ,
worktotime
Posts: 2866
Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
Gender: Male

How to stop you been tracked.

Post by worktotime »

A2B wrote:There's no way to set a delivery speed, there's too many variables to the delivery side of the job. The only people who it's going to worry are either deliberately dragging it out to book overtime or people finishing well before their time on a regular basis.

I'm almost starting to feel sorry for the DOMs because this is going to put them under a lot of pressure :nana how they going to hide the ghost overtime now :cuppa
haha , don't feel sorry for them there ok taking the money to manage , some dims may be more worried not being to look after there golden children , :left: oh and don't forget come OCT we lose an hour off the working week , oh no more pressure for them .
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72759
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

How to stop you been tracked.

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

worktotime wrote:pdas don't measure speed of walking and if it did they cant use that as a tool or conduct ,
Not specifically no.

However, as I have posted before they do use a Breadcrumbs programme that gives GPS report every time. This means they know the distance you travelled from one-time point to the next.

Now as Time over distance = speed........
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
hothothot
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 422
Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
Gender: Male

How to stop you been tracked.

Post by hothothot »

PDAs don't measure walking speed. When I said 6 miles per hour, this is what RM said years ago. Not me. It is blatenly obvious you can't walk that speed. I don't think I could run that fast. The thread was how can you stop being tracked. Quite simply you can't. If we all do the job properly and how it's meant to be done what the hell has anyone got to worry about.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16715
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

How to stop you been tracked.

Post by clashcityrocker »

hothothot wrote:They told us a few years ago we were supposed to walk at 6 miles per hour.
No they didn't.
A trolley duty must start no more than 1 mile (15 minutes walk) from the DO.
That means georoute is set at 4mph just pushing a trolley on the flat to the start of a duty.
Obviously on delivery you would be a lot slower.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
hothothot
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 422
Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
Gender: Male

How to stop you been tracked.

Post by hothothot »

It's an irelavance what speed we should be going at, you have 18 teen year old kids and 60 year olds , it's obvious there would be a difference. Anyway we're being asked( how to stop you being tracked) . Quite simply you can't. I dont no what people are so worried about. The worryers are the ones with something to hide. We've all seen these things before, do this, do that , just do the job properly. If your sitting at home or in your van for God knows how long , I can understand you have something to hide. I personally couldn't give a shite. I ain't got nothing to hide.
citypostie
Posts: 895
Joined: 08 Apr 2009, 19:42
Gender: Male

How to stop you been tracked.

Post by citypostie »

worktotime wrote:
citypostie wrote:
hothothot wrote:PDAs actuals is basically a spy in your hand. It will not work out how RM expects. All it will do is make postie's do the job complely by the book ie using trolleys , having Thier breaks, van checks, not rushing to finish early, trying neighbors with packets etc. The way your supposed to do the job. There will be no point finishing early , all they will do is send you out with more work. So instead of them thinking we will get more out of people they will get less, more cutting off, less loops to deliver etc. They will track everybody over time, the early finishers, the we can't completers etc. But in the long run it should be beneficial, we all should be doing exactly the same amount of work, all walks the same time etc. It should work out fair !!!!!!.
But if all walks are equal why should somebody who works at a slower pace be paid more for doing the same work assuming everyone will be doing the the job "properly"? Why should they get excess overtime when someone else finishes on time? You can see why royal mail want us to own the workload, which im sure they will get at some point
not all dutys are equal and miles out and that's what they got for dims , planners and georoute putting s**t information in to get the savings they wanted , well it will be all done off the pdas , so do you think its ok for posties sat at home at 13.00 or getting paid o/t within they paid daily hours ? when there still on pay till 15.00 ?
If they've done the same amount of work as me plus extra on top just because they are faster than me? Yep I think it's fine, if they want to get round like usian bolt fair play to them, I physically can't! Now if they can do it because their round is mile smaller than mine, no it isn't right. But having been here 20 odd years now the difference between the rounds in my office is nothing like it used to be. If you was a senior man you really did benefit when choosing your round. Now days, not so much. I'd say I could do most duties now and the difference in finish time on any would be half hour or less compared to hours before the revision than put us into shared vans
worktotime
Posts: 2866
Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
Gender: Male

How to stop you been tracked.

Post by worktotime »

hothothot wrote:It's an irelavance whatpeed we should be going at, you have 18 teen year old kids and 60 year olds , it's obvious there would be a difference. Anyway we're being asked( how to stop you being tracked) . Quite simply you can't. I dont no what people are so worried about. The worryers are the ones with something to hide. We've all seen these things before, do this, do that , just do the job properly. If your sitting at home or in your van for God knows how long , I can understand you have something to hide. I personally couldn't give a shite. I ain't got nothing to hide.
to right , and sooner the better , no more ghost o/t and no more flyers , :Applause :Applause