ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Just want to work my hours
-
superports
- Posts: 171
- Joined: 05 Nov 2009, 09:15
- Gender: Male
Just want to work my hours
I keep a daily log of my hours and anything of importance, but it makes no difference, the managers in my office do what they want, they lie to get me in trouble, lie to get me to work over my time, threaten and intimidate. The union is useless, makes me wonder why I'm paying my dues. In fact my rep hasn't even come near me since I was moved off my duty. I've had enough now, after years of harassment I'm now looking for another job, not easy after over 20 years in this job.
More than anything however I feel more let down by my colleagues, the ones that come in early so as not to attract attention on themselves by claiming overtime and the ones who do overtime and don't claim it.
More than anything however I feel more let down by my colleagues, the ones that come in early so as not to attract attention on themselves by claiming overtime and the ones who do overtime and don't claim it.
-
hothothot
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 422
- Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
- Gender: Male
Just want to work my hours
You do not have to work over your time . if your working say 7am till 2.40 that's all the hours you have to do. You either cut off or they have to take loops or parcels off you. It doesn't matter the the Dom says he can go f..k himself. If you think flexibility means going over every day then your bonkers. Stand up to them say NO.
-
danterossetti
- Posts: 136
- Joined: 19 May 2013, 18:19
- Gender: Male
Just want to work my hours
superports wrote:I keep a daily log of my hours and anything of importance, but it makes no difference, the managers in my office do what they want, they lie to get me in trouble, lie to get me to work over my time, threaten and intimidate. The union is useless, makes me wonder why I'm paying my dues. In fact my rep hasn't even come near me since I was moved off my duty. I've had enough now, after years of harassment I'm now looking for another job, not easy after over 20 years in this job.
More than anything however I feel more let down by my colleagues, the ones that come in early so as not to attract attention on themselves by claiming overtime and the ones who do overtime and don't claim it.
It sounds as though you are in a stressful position. If your workload is unachievable it is for the Manager to worry about not you. Only when you cut off everyday will anything be done, working over your time just perpetuates matters, as does putting up with being threatened and intimidated. Don't put up with things any longer - use the B & H route, the grievance route or the Mental Health route. Throw off on the sick with Stress. Good luck.
-
Delsin
- Posts: 8
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 10:12
- Gender: Male
Just want to work my hours
Just wanted to chime in and say this describes my office 100% accurately. it's just every man for himself! We don't even have a Union rep. Bloody useless.tommyrep wrote:Hello !
Is there anybody there ?
Where is the rep at this poor guys office ?
Where are the senior colleagues to speak up for this guy ?
Oh, at least one of them has scarpered out the office without completing their indoor work!
Why does the DOM let them leave the office before time without completing the prep work ?
These are not hard questions, we have a gutless DOM prepared to exploit a new PT rather than get the work done and stop FT staff leaving the office. We have a selfish FT member of staff not doing the work - ok if he is on IP too long, detailed to other work - this is not reason for the PT person to be expected to do additional indoor work AS WELL as complete a duty delivery within his contracted hours.
This type of treatment is rife, new starts have no protection from others - particularly from the rep and/or union.
Managers get away with this intimidation, harassment and bullying and it is wrong. The guy only wishes to work his contracted hours, he is NOT committing a crime, when is some one going to impact on DOMs that this treatment is unacceptable ? It is cruel, despicable and our union are long overdue in dealing with it. This is no t an isolated case, it’s rife and common knowledge within delivery and we ALL know it. It’s shameful.
-
danterossetti
- Posts: 136
- Joined: 19 May 2013, 18:19
- Gender: Male
Just want to work my hours
Look. it's straightforward. Most DOMs and colleagues are like lightning - they always take the easiest path. You don't need the union to put in a grievance.
-
p5aul789
- Posts: 59
- Joined: 18 Sep 2012, 10:03
- Gender: Male
Just want to work my hours
What I want to know is; If you are contracted to work 9 to 2.
Why the f**k should you feel you have to come in at say 8.30am to prep your walk because it is to your advantage to try and finish on time!
And why should you feel guilty if you come back at 2pm without completing the walk, because either you don't want to go over, or won't get paid for it!
I brought mail back a while ago, and one of the managers said to me "what am I going to do with all this work" I felt like saying to him "I don't know and I don't care, it's not my f**king problem"!
Why the f**k should you feel you have to come in at say 8.30am to prep your walk because it is to your advantage to try and finish on time!
And why should you feel guilty if you come back at 2pm without completing the walk, because either you don't want to go over, or won't get paid for it!
I brought mail back a while ago, and one of the managers said to me "what am I going to do with all this work" I felt like saying to him "I don't know and I don't care, it's not my f**king problem"!
Last edited by p5aul789 on 13 May 2018, 20:44, edited 1 time in total.
-
srilfc2013
- Posts: 77
- Joined: 10 Jul 2013, 19:36
- Gender: Male
Just want to work my hours
Does anybody have an official ruling on this "cutting off and also using a trolley" so i can show my manager
because all i seem to get is grief when i tell people this is what i am doing
because all i seem to get is grief when i tell people this is what i am doing
-
hothothot
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 422
- Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
- Gender: Male
Just want to work my hours
You only have to work your hours and no more. This is an agreement with the CWU and royal mail. Get your union rep involved. I never go over. You have to stand up to them, it's not easy if you do it for a couple of weeks they will get the message. Remember you are dealing with doms, a different form of life than normal people.
-
srilfc2013
- Posts: 77
- Joined: 10 Jul 2013, 19:36
- Gender: Male
Just want to work my hours
Had to get my union rep involved on friday ,i have been standing my ground.I keep getting told that the jobs are the right size for using a trolley and all walks have been tested. I was accused last week of trying to pull a fast one because i dropped an hour but was finished 10 minutes early. Every day is a constant struggle to try to finish on my time and i am not slow when walking with the trolley.
-
hothothot
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 422
- Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
- Gender: Male
Just want to work my hours
You are not supposed to carry mail in bags over your shoulder, that's what we have the trolleys for tell that to your dom. Don't you have a union rep ?. If you have to cut off you must tell them before you leave the office, that's the rules. Tell them l can't complete it's too busy or whatever . Tell them I'm only working my time , not going over. Let them decide if they take loops off or parcels or what do you want me to prioritize make them decide. Always and I mean all ways have a witness when discussing this with management.
-
srilfc2013
- Posts: 77
- Joined: 10 Jul 2013, 19:36
- Gender: Male
Just want to work my hours
hothothot wrote:You are not supposed to carry mail in bags over your shoulder, that's what we have the trolleys for tell that to your dom. Don't you have a union rep ?. If you have to cut off you must tell them before you leave the office, that's the rules. Tell them l can't complete it's too busy or whatever . Tell them I'm only working my time , not going over. Let them decide if they take loops off or parcels or what do you want me to prioritize make them decide. Always and I mean all ways have a witness when discussing this with management.
Thanks,i have done all this. I just get told well i think you can complete
Thanks for the replies
-
hothothot
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 422
- Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
- Gender: Male
Just want to work my hours
The problem if you finish early any days they clock this and will always bring it up, that's why really don't finish early then they cannot bring it up, you can't expect to finish early some days and then not to go over others, swings and roundabouts.
-
hothothot
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 422
- Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
- Gender: Male
Just want to work my hours
It is difficult I no but stick to your guns. If they say so and so can do it okay why can't you. Tell them I'm doing the job as it is designed, do not come in early start dead on time, have your full breaks, have your toilet breaks, don't speed in the van, try the neighbors with packets etc. This is how the job is supposed to be done. We've all had this you just have to persovere , they cannot make you go over your time. But don't finish early any other days.
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Just want to work my hours
If management insist you can complete your delivery whilst you do not, you MUST ask them to write the fact down that you contest in writing.this can be along with the daily traffic figures
DO NOT LEAVE YOUR OFFICE UNTIL YOU HAVE SEEN THEM WRITE IT DOWN AND GET YOURSELF A COPY
DO NOT LEAVE YOUR OFFICE UNTIL YOU HAVE SEEN THEM WRITE IT DOWN AND GET YOURSELF A COPY
-
p5aul789
- Posts: 59
- Joined: 18 Sep 2012, 10:03
- Gender: Male
Just want to work my hours
I was supposed to start a 25 hour position today. So I go in at 9am and are told there are no vans AGAIN!!
One of the managers says to me "You can either wait and come back after midday or, if you do me a favour (that old chestnut again!) and do a couple of extra loops for me, I will find you a van"
There always seems to be f**king strings attached!
So, I agreed, because I did'nt want to wait for 3 or so hours for a van to come back.
And, guess what, I ended up finishing after 2pm much to my annoyance, In fact, I did'nt get back till about 5pm!
They're a bunch of C**ts the lot of them!!
Now you know why I hate the job! No I don't hate the job....I DESPISE the job!
All I want to do is a decent day's work without being f**ked around, Is that too much to ask?
One of the managers says to me "You can either wait and come back after midday or, if you do me a favour (that old chestnut again!) and do a couple of extra loops for me, I will find you a van"
There always seems to be f**king strings attached!
So, I agreed, because I did'nt want to wait for 3 or so hours for a van to come back.
And, guess what, I ended up finishing after 2pm much to my annoyance, In fact, I did'nt get back till about 5pm!
They're a bunch of C**ts the lot of them!!
Now you know why I hate the job! No I don't hate the job....I DESPISE the job!
All I want to do is a decent day's work without being f**ked around, Is that too much to ask?