ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Commiting suicide
-
XCHpostie
- Posts: 51
- Joined: 22 Mar 2011, 12:33
- Gender: Male
Commiting suicide
Oh they exist alright and they are the ones most desperate to impress their superiors and climb the greasy pole. And do you know what, they are usually rewarded. There is one particular individual in my area that if he crossed my path in civvy street would have his bravery challenged when he did not have Royal Mail watching his back.
-
seaside
- Posts: 266
- Joined: 31 May 2013, 18:51
- Gender: Female
Commiting suicide
First Doctors , would also ring union head quarters, it will then take some of the pressure off you. Good luck.arnold cheshire wrote:The dom is vile and it's affecting me big time .
-
Fatboyslim
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 117
- Joined: 30 May 2010, 10:27
- Gender: Male
Commiting suicide
Shocked to be reading a thread with a title like this...
Please do not do anything to harm yourself. The job is not worth it. Tomorrow. Call in sick. Do not listen to anything they/DOM might say. Stay off. Call GP first thing. Demand an emergency appointment. Do not return until 100% sure about yourself.
If it's any consolation. I've left the company now. I have fond memories of being talked to like I was something on the sole of your show by an ex-graduate manager. If we ever crossed paths in a public house. I'd be gunning for him.
Please think of yourself. Look after yourself. The job is not worth it.
Please do not do anything to harm yourself. The job is not worth it. Tomorrow. Call in sick. Do not listen to anything they/DOM might say. Stay off. Call GP first thing. Demand an emergency appointment. Do not return until 100% sure about yourself.
If it's any consolation. I've left the company now. I have fond memories of being talked to like I was something on the sole of your show by an ex-graduate manager. If we ever crossed paths in a public house. I'd be gunning for him.
Please think of yourself. Look after yourself. The job is not worth it.
-
Jb1969
- Posts: 391
- Joined: 29 May 2014, 13:06
- Gender: Male
Commiting suicide
I was sacked by a horrible manager who had been bullying me for two years.I took it to court & slaughtered Royal Mail, but it took me 15 months. I really understand how you are feeling & the first thing you must do is go to the Doctors, explain the situation you are in.Most Doctors are aware of the bullying in RM, he will understand.Then take some time for you, take walks, get a dog, it helped so much for me.Get some help from the bullying & harassment team.
As for the manager who sacked me, he got promotion, a company car & no doubt a huge pay rise.
As for the manager who sacked me, he got promotion, a company car & no doubt a huge pay rise.
-
Navalron
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1044
- Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
- Gender: Male
- Location: Glasgow
Commiting suicide
If you feel that going sick and getting away from the office for a while will help you, just do it. But do it all by the book as RM always shout about mental health interests with staff, so let them prove it and all the best for getting better, because with time you will. Good luck my friend.

-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Commiting suicide
0800 6888777 please call this number to talk to a councillor. They can then arrange local councilling for you if that's what you want. Don't let one individual at work ruin your life. Life is precious. Take care. There's a hulluva lot more people who care about you than don't. Give yourself time to smile and make a start by phoning feeling first class on the number above. Stay strong.
-
Interested-seeker
- Posts: 442
- Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
- Gender: Female
Commiting suicide
Hi again
How are you feeling now? Hope you are okay
How are you feeling now? Hope you are okay
-
Harrythestick
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 09 May 2011, 14:43
- Gender: Male
Commiting suicide
I hope you are feeling better. The advice given here is excellent. I hope you have taken time off & got away from your office. Try registering with feeling first class or speak to MIND or the samaratins. I pray you feel better.
Speak to your union safety or area safety rep, there are also mental health first aides & ambasadors in RM that can help. Stay strong mate. As Rambo1 says life is precious.
Speak to your union safety or area safety rep, there are also mental health first aides & ambasadors in RM that can help. Stay strong mate. As Rambo1 says life is precious.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Commiting suicide
how do you report a dom who thinks he is royal mail ?
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Commiting suicide
arnold cheshire wrote:how do you report a dom who thinks he is royal mail ?
Put in a b and h complaint.
Write EVERYTHING which has happened down. Dates, times and witnesses if you can.
Keep a diary. Phone acas. I hope you sort this out