ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

PDA actuals query.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

PDA actuals query.

Post by number one »

Celgar wrote:
number one wrote:
TheTrolleyMan wrote:
worktotime wrote:
Celgar wrote:I bet if all walks were timed with no unpaid work done before duty time begins and everyone taking their full break time that the majority of walks would not be able to be completed within paid duty time. This is where RM is now. How we fix this is the problem. Our union rep said to us yesterday, that with the implementation of PDA actuals, everyone should now realise this is the end of the 'job & finish' culture. We now all will have to 'work to rule' effectively.
to true and its about time everybody did :thumbup , its the early starters , the runners that have allowed this company to take deliverys out , collapse , make dutys bigger and even allowed dims to b&h the people that do the job right , imo selfish bastards , but these are the ones that are against scanning in and out and pda actuals , they can bring it in tomorrow for me.
Totally agree with you , it's the early starters , runners , doorstepers , scared of using a trolley selfish idiots that are wrecking the job
I don’t start early, take my break, never run and still get back early and do my overtime because I am good at my job. Some people take 7hrs to deliver a round that takes everybody else 4hrs. These people SHOULD be challenged but as soon as they do they start crying bullying and harassment!
I doubt there are many Postie's that take three hours longer than other Postie's except maybe if they get dropped onto a new walk with no training.
Doubt it all you want, it’s true.
worktotime
Posts: 2866
Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
Gender: Male

PDA actuals query.

Post by worktotime »

number one wrote:
A2B wrote:I've a image of some posties using PDAs wrapped in tin foil :crazy:
Just disconnect from the network when on delivery.
why disconnect or wrap in tin foil if you have nothing to hide ?
citypostie
Posts: 895
Joined: 08 Apr 2009, 19:42
Gender: Male

PDA actuals query.

Post by citypostie »

number one wrote:
Celgar wrote:
number one wrote:
TheTrolleyMan wrote:
worktotime wrote:
Celgar wrote:I bet if all walks were timed with no unpaid work done before duty time begins and everyone taking their full break time that the majority of walks would not be able to be completed within paid duty time. This is where RM is now. How we fix this is the problem. Our union rep said to us yesterday, that with the implementation of PDA actuals, everyone should now realise this is the end of the 'job & finish' culture. We now all will have to 'work to rule' effectively.
to true and its about time everybody did :thumbup , its the early starters , the runners that have allowed this company to take deliverys out , collapse , make dutys bigger and even allowed dims to b&h the people that do the job right , imo selfish bastards , but these are the ones that are against scanning in and out and pda actuals , they can bring it in tomorrow for me.
Totally agree with you , it's the early starters , runners , doorstepers , scared of using a trolley selfish idiots that are wrecking the job
I don’t start early, take my break, never run and still get back early and do my overtime because I am good at my job. Some people take 7hrs to deliver a round that takes everybody else 4hrs. These people SHOULD be challenged but as soon as they do they start crying bullying and harassment!
I doubt there are many Postie's that take three hours longer than other Postie's except maybe if they get dropped onto a new walk with no training.
Doubt it all you want, it’s true.
There's a few where I work as well!
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

PDA actuals query.

Post by Celgar »

worktotime wrote:
number one wrote:
A2B wrote:I've a image of some posties using PDAs wrapped in tin foil :crazy:
Just disconnect from the network when on delivery.
why disconnect or wrap in tin foil if you have nothing to hide ?
I think they still collect data even if you do that. The PDAs have been collecting data since October 2017 but RM haven't used it for anything yet.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
A2B
Posts: 2033
Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 19:34
Gender: Male

PDA actuals query.

Post by A2B »

I was joking about the the tin foil but if there's no connection to GPS then obviously the PDA can't be tracked.

As has been posted previously, if you've got nothing to hide there's no need to worry
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

PDA actuals query.

Post by fishtank »

Disconnecting the PDA from the network won't stop it collecting information, it will only stop it sending the stored information until it is reconnected again.

It will ultimately result in dismissal though so I suppose that will stop the buggers tracking you.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
worktotime
Posts: 2866
Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
Gender: Male

PDA actuals query.

Post by worktotime »

Celgar wrote:
worktotime wrote:
number one wrote:
A2B wrote:I've a image of some posties using PDAs wrapped in tin foil :crazy:
Just disconnect from the network when on delivery.
why disconnect or wrap in tin foil if you have nothing to hide ?
I think they still collect data even if you do that. The PDAs have been collecting data since October 2017 but RM haven't used it for anything yet.
yes they have , but you still have the elite finishing 2 hours before there time and thinking its great :left: , theres going to be some tears , :thumbup
Mr Rush
Posts: 3359
Joined: 05 Aug 2011, 14:27
Gender: Male

PDA actuals query.

Post by Mr Rush »

A2B wrote:but if there's no connection to GPS then obviously the PDA can't be tracked.
I don't think the old Intermec PDAs had GPS modules and it still knew where you were based on cell tower triangulation. Don't bet your job on the PDA not tracking you.
The machine stops.
Tank
Posts: 206
Joined: 27 Sep 2010, 12:15
Gender: Male

PDA actuals query.

Post by Tank »

Had a huddle today saying they are doing this in 2 weeks, so the few that have been booking overtime better watch their backs!
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

PDA actuals query.

Post by Celgar »

Tank wrote:Had a huddle today saying they are doing this in 2 weeks, so the few that have been booking overtime better watch their backs!
We had videos on carrying and lifting and associated discussion much to some Postie's annoyance as it was a fairly busy day with a lot of SDs. Not surprised if the PDA actuals program did start soon but the AHDC isn't set up yet so I'm not sure how accurate the timings would be with only half the data set.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.