In one sentence you say using a trolley in Mandatory then saying you can carry a bag.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Your snip of my post made your assertion confusing. So I'll post it againnumber one wrote:Totally contradicting yourself here. I sometimes get called a “runner” I can assure you I’ve never once been running.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:number one wrote:So why have all the bags got shoulder straps?TheTrolleyMan wrote:The problem is that most people don't do the job correctly , remember that trolleys are MANDATORY
Too lazy to look into why? I'll help.
Its the assigned equipment for the loop that is mandatory. So on some loops, it's the bag on shoulder method, if they didn't have straps you couldn't use them.
Where did I contradict myself? I'll explain, the actions of people don't change the fact that something is mandatory.Obeying the speed limit is mandatory, but people break that all the time. As long as the speeder and the runner understand the consequences if caught it doesn't detract from the fact that it is still mandatory.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Clocking off
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
Clocking off
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16715
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Clocking off
Are you about 5 years old?number one wrote: In one sentence you say using a trolley in Mandatory then saying you can carry a bag.
It is the assigned equipment for that loop which is mandatory.
So if the assigned equipment is a lwt then the lwt is mandatory.
If you have a block of flats where it is impractical to take a trolley then a bag is the assigned equipment and is mandatory.
If the assigned equipment is a HCT then the HCT is mandatory and should be pushed from delivery point to delivery point and not used as a mobile bag drop.
If you have a block of flats on the HCT duty then you tie up the trolley to a piece of street furniture and use a bag for the flats.
The trolley should not be left unattended for more than 10 minutes.
This is what is meant by the assigned equipment is mandatory.
It isn't too difficult to understand I hope.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
Clocking off
Further to Clash's post above, you are permitted to carry a pouch on your shoulder for loops with blocks of flats (when generally your duty should be using an LWT or HCT), but the pouch contents should weigh less than 5Kg.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Clocking off
No, I highlighted it in red. You can carry a bag if it is the mandatory equipment for that loopnumber one wrote:number one wrote:Totally contradicting yourself here. I sometimes get called a “runner” I can assure you I’ve never once been running.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
Its the assigned equipment for the loop that is mandatory. So on some loops, it's the bag on shoulder method, if they didn't have straps you couldn't use them.
In one sentence you say using a trolley in Mandatory then saying you can carry a bag.
Perhaps you mistook this posters post for mine. He is right on trolley loops, but not for Pouch Loops.
TheTrolleyMan wrote: The problem is that most people don't do the job correctly , remember that trolleys are MANDATORY
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
Clocking off
Where is the agreement on different equipment for different loops because I am unaware of this policy.
-
ted_e_bear
- Posts: 4116
- Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
Clocking off
Think this post has gone off topic and got a bit silly now, it seems to me that whenever doing the job properly is mentioned then an argument regarding the use of trollies occurs.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Clocking off
Standby for a small avalanche.number one wrote:Where is the agreement on different equipment for different loops because I am unaware of this policy.
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... =0#p289215" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Reps Guidance on Royal Mail's 6-step Revision Process
http://www.cwumerseyamal.org.uk/Busines ... eement.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Business Transformation 2010 and Beyond P22Phase 5
Implementation of the revision, there will probably be a planned date for the implementation of the revision however, it is essential that this is agreed with you, and it is “do-able”. Prior to implementation of a revision, reps must ensure that the revision is compliant to all health and safety standards and signed off / confirmed as such by the WSR/ASR and that all equipment for the revision such as trolley’s, vans will be in place for the commencement of the revision. All training requirements should also be in place prior to the revision going “live” and that everyone is aware that all equipment aligned to the delivery must be used.
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... ry#p393424" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; WTL Mandatory Use of Assigned EquipmentOnce assigned the use of equipment specified for the route will be mandatory.
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... =1&t=25250" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Delivery Framework Agreement:From the agreement pages 17-28 Delivery Methods
Once assigned the use of equipment specified for the route will be mandatory.
Providing modern and fit for purpose equipment for delivery people.
The Delivery Methods/equipment that currently fit into this category is:
Lightweight Trolley (LWT)
High Capacity Trolley (HCT)
Electric High Capacity Trolley (EHCT)
Motor Vehicles (CDV *,Panel Vans, Compact etc)
Delivery pouch
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
Clocking off
So it appears its a grey area then. There is no breakdown on what equipment should be used on each loop. The rules stipulate a LWT is mandatory so should be used on all loops.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Standby for a small avalanche.number one wrote:Where is the agreement on different equipment for different loops because I am unaware of this policy.
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... =0#p289215" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Reps Guidance on Royal Mail's 6-step Revision Process
http://www.cwumerseyamal.org.uk/Busines ... eement.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Business Transformation 2010 and Beyond P22Phase 5
Implementation of the revision, there will probably be a planned date for the implementation of the revision however, it is essential that this is agreed with you, and it is “do-able”. Prior to implementation of a revision, reps must ensure that the revision is compliant to all health and safety standards and signed off / confirmed as such by the WSR/ASR and that all equipment for the revision such as trolley’s, vans will be in place for the commencement of the revision. All training requirements should also be in place prior to the revision going “live” and that everyone is aware that all equipment aligned to the delivery must be used.https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... ry#p393424" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; WTL Mandatory Use of Assigned EquipmentOnce assigned the use of equipment specified for the route will be mandatory.
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... =1&t=25250" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Delivery Framework Agreement:From the agreement pages 17-28 Delivery MethodsOnce assigned the use of equipment specified for the route will be mandatory.Providing modern and fit for purpose equipment for delivery people.
The Delivery Methods/equipment that currently fit into this category is:
Lightweight Trolley (LWT)
High Capacity Trolley (HCT)
Electric High Capacity Trolley (EHCT)
Motor Vehicles (CDV *,Panel Vans, Compact etc)
Delivery pouch
Also let’s discuss health on safety with regards to a lwt after it has accidentally been wheeled through dog poo. You then have to put it in the back of the van for all this to then get on to parcels, bags and mail.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Clocking off
Now you are being obtuse.
It doesn't say the Assigned equipment for the Duty is Mandatory. It says for the Route - ie from A to B, perhaps a loop
It doesn't say the Assigned equipment for the Duty is Mandatory. It says for the Route - ie from A to B, perhaps a loop
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
plodplodplod
- Posts: 56
- Joined: 10 Nov 2013, 21:30
- Gender: Male
Clocking off
i think your chickens have come home to roost mate.elteleltel wrote:Why bitter ?number one wrote:Hahahah listen to you all. So many bitter people in here.
I used to run around but not anymore as ageing body means I'm just not as quick , still see others running / rushing and coming in early " to get ahead " . Not bothered about that but it makes me look slow although I keep a decent pace up however the Dom thinks we could also do more despite the fact he knows some rush and cut corners.
I like to go home early of course but if you do the job as RM want then not much time to be made these days , happy to work my hours but don't want pressure to rush around