Quite right, only you should be logging on using your details otherwise you could be responsible for someone scanning something in your name.Tomolo208 wrote:If someone else logs in using your details (to a different PDA) then it logs you out of the one you're using.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
PDA's constantly logging off
-
joewyan
- Posts: 382
- Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
- Gender: Male
PDA's constantly logging off
-
toomuchcoke
- Posts: 309
- Joined: 05 Jun 2011, 18:15
- Gender: Male
PDA's constantly logging off
Go into navigation and select "cancel destination" (it might be called something else like "clear route" but it's pretty obviously "stop navigating to wherever I told you to" whatever it says). It'll still chirp up if you break the speed limit, but other than that it'll shut up.crimson king wrote:Does anyone know how to turn the bloody navigator off after it randomly turns on in your pocket and starts directing you as you're walking around? I can switch screens to do what I want it to do, but the navigator still runs in the background and I can't get rid of it and it's there
until i log out at the end of the shift.
-
Xr4
- Posts: 107
- Joined: 23 Apr 2016, 09:15
- Gender: Male
PDA's constantly logging off
Same here, it's too easy to press delivered. Should have to press a button twice or somethingCPTNemoUK wrote:Put it in my pocket to free my hand. Until they answer the door or it frees a hand to write the p739 out. And turning the screen off makes sure it don't press random buttons in my pocket.Celgar wrote:Why would you do that unless by accident. The main thing to remember is to wait for the second beep before interacting further with the PDA screen. Otherwise you might think the item has been scanned when it hasn't. This is probably the top reason for items not being scanned and then we get into trouble.CPTNemoUK wrote:I have noticed if you scan something and turn the screen off using the power button before it come up on the screen. It will crash every time.
-
Kings Norton
- Posts: 320
- Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 17:20
- Gender: Male
PDA's constantly logging off
They are rubbish the sat nav keeps going off on mine doing my head in. It was alright at first i looked after it then I was on leave a runner got hold of it broke the screen in smithereens, you would swear Uri Geller done my walk that week he bent every key for the flats as well. its crashing 3 times day on me, sick of it
-
mattjo1@talktalk.net
- Posts: 93
- Joined: 20 Jun 2014, 21:11
- Gender: Male
PDA's constantly logging off
I find mine very easy to use. Its not the fault of the PDA but of the people using it, some people cant use modern tech.
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
PDA's constantly logging off
What a strange thing to say... just about all the issues highlighted here are due to faults and glitches with the pda and its software and nothing at all to do with someone's ability to use modern tech.mattjo1@talktalk.net wrote:I find mine very easy to use. Its not the fault of the PDA but of the people using it, some people cant use modern tech.
-
itinerant
- Posts: 156
- Joined: 16 Sep 2017, 17:54
- Gender: Male
PDA's constantly logging off
The only way I know to deal with the annoying Navigator app is to perform a PDA reset which is annoying but far less annoying than spending hours on a walk with the bloody thing loudly announcing directions every minute or so which happened to me in my first week and I didnt know then how to switch it off or turn it down. With everything else I was dealing with as a new postie that was the last thing I needed!!crimson king wrote:Does anyone know how to turn the bloody navigator off after it randomly turns on in your pocket and starts directing you as you're walking around? I can switch screens to do what I want it to do, but the navigator still runs in the background and I can't get rid of it and it's there
until i log out at the end of the shift.
The best, and only sugggestion I've got so far from a colleague when it happens is to turn the volume down so you can't hear it.
And has anyone ever used that memo function thats also appeared from nowhere when you try to scan something? What's that all about?
The other screen I get regularly is a list of dummy 01, dummy 02, etc
I'm a bit of a nerd and love gadgets but I really dislike my PDA.
-
mattjo1@talktalk.net
- Posts: 93
- Joined: 20 Jun 2014, 21:11
- Gender: Male
PDA's constantly logging off
Yes it is the average IQ of an OPG is very low.wacko74 wrote:What a strange thing to say... just about all the issues highlighted here are due to faults and glitches with the pda and its software and nothing at all to do with someone's ability to use modern tech.mattjo1@talktalk.net wrote:I find mine very easy to use. Its not the fault of the PDA but of the people using it, some people cant use modern tech.
-
Interested-seeker
- Posts: 442
- Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
- Gender: Female
PDA's constantly logging off
How rude. By the way, you should have put a comma in that sentence.mattjo1@talktalk.net wrote:Yes it is the average IQ of an OPG is very low.wacko74 wrote:What a strange thing to say... just about all the issues highlighted here are due to faults and glitches with the pda and its software and nothing at all to do with someone's ability to use modern tech.mattjo1@talktalk.net wrote:I find mine very easy to use. Its not the fault of the PDA but of the people using it, some people cant use modern tech.
The PDAs do need improvement. The PDA that I use crashes and shuts down on a daily basis.
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
PDA's constantly logging off
What a load of tripe! They never asked me what i thought of them! Does anyone know the contact number of the team who design and make these machines so we tell them what we REALLY think?POSTMAN wrote:You're all wrong, now stop whinging and just get on with it...
https://www.myroyalmail.com/news/2018/04/pdas-progress" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Someone from MRM who does not have a clue wrote:Last month marked one year since we completed the rollout of our Royal Mail PDAs.
There are now 80,000 connected devices in use across the UK and your feedback has been fantastic.
According to you, the new device is far more efficient and is much more flexible than its predecessor. There is an improved battery life, the device is lighter, it can be easily updated and the software used is set up so that developments can be added quickly and easily in the future.
After getting through the busy Christmas period without any issues, we are now looking towards some key developments for the devices in the coming months.
Going forward
The potential of our PDA device is great and we’re working hard on implementing some important changes, which will improve the service we offer. So far, we’ve only scratched the surface.
The new PDAs have made us a more professional and consistent company. They are helping us deliver an even greater quality of service – and will continue to do so in the future.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12200
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
PDA's constantly logging off
The hardware side seems to be standard, there's loads of companies that are using them. if people have got trouble with whatevr coming up whilst it's on your pocket, why not just lock the screen?Jpro747 wrote:What a load of tripe! They never asked me what i thought of them! Does anyone know the contact number of the team who design and make these machines so we tell them what we REALLY think?POSTMAN wrote:You're all wrong, now stop whinging and just get on with it...
https://www.myroyalmail.com/news/2018/04/pdas-progress" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Someone from MRM who does not have a clue wrote:Last month marked one year since we completed the rollout of our Royal Mail PDAs.
There are now 80,000 connected devices in use across the UK and your feedback has been fantastic.
According to you, the new device is far more efficient and is much more flexible than its predecessor. There is an improved battery life, the device is lighter, it can be easily updated and the software used is set up so that developments can be added quickly and easily in the future.
After getting through the busy Christmas period without any issues, we are now looking towards some key developments for the devices in the coming months.
Going forward
The potential of our PDA device is great and we’re working hard on implementing some important changes, which will improve the service we offer. So far, we’ve only scratched the surface.
The new PDAs have made us a more professional and consistent company. They are helping us deliver an even greater quality of service – and will continue to do so in the future.
-
crimson king
- Posts: 783
- Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
- Gender: Male
PDA's constantly logging off
Nice one, cheers, I'll give it a gotoomuchcoke wrote:Go into navigation and select "cancel destination" (it might be called something else like "clear route" but it's pretty obviously "stop navigating to wherever I told you to" whatever it says). It'll still chirp up if you break the speed limit, but other than that it'll shut up.crimson king wrote:Does anyone know how to turn the bloody navigator off after it randomly turns on in your pocket and starts directing you as you're walking around? I can switch screens to do what I want it to do, but the navigator still runs in the background and I can't get rid of it and it's there
until i log out at the end of the shift.
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
-
crimson king
- Posts: 783
- Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
- Gender: Male
PDA's constantly logging off
Yep, tried that too, but that sense of dread when it then wants all your details and wants you to log in like you're at you're frame and can scan the barcode...mike_mlc wrote:The only way I know to deal with the annoying Navigator app is to perform a PDA reset which is annoying but far less annoying than spending hours on a walk with the bloody thing loudly announcing directions every minute or so which happened to me in my first week and I didnt know then how to switch it off or turn it down. With everything else I was dealing with as a new postie that was the last thing I needed!!crimson king wrote:Does anyone know how to turn the bloody navigator off after it randomly turns on in your pocket and starts directing you as you're walking around? I can switch screens to do what I want it to do, but the navigator still runs in the background and I can't get rid of it and it's there
until i log out at the end of the shift.
The best, and only sugggestion I've got so far from a colleague when it happens is to turn the volume down so you can't hear it.
And has anyone ever used that memo function thats also appeared from nowhere when you try to scan something? What's that all about?
The other screen I get regularly is a list of dummy 01, dummy 02, etc
I'm a bit of a nerd and love gadgets but I really dislike my PDA.
Which is why I now always take a pic of the barcodes before leaving....
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
-
Bboingg
- Posts: 69
- Joined: 21 Jun 2017, 20:35
- Gender: Male
PDA's constantly logging off
Only way I have found to turn off the 'battery draining' Navigation is to take the battery out , reinsert, and log back in - the delivery&collection route seem to be retained though.
Does anybody know another way?
Does anybody know another way?
-
30+YEARMAN
- Posts: 253
- Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 17:46
- Gender: Male
PDA's constantly logging off
I think the main problem is not the PDA its the system it just cannot handle the amount of stuff we he are expected to scan even those Chinese things with an item in it worth 99p have to be scanned now so that they get paid for them' what was happening before were we just doing them for free its just getting crazy 