https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/news ... ng-1481946" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A postman is being praised by an elderly resident as he injured himself trying to rescue baby ducklings that had fallen into a drain.
The postman received a cut to his head in the process - but that did not stop him from continuing his shift afterwards.
John Hants, who lives in Auden Close, Lincoln, said the postman - who is known as Des - came to his door asking for help.
Mr Hants had previously noticed the duck hanging around the drain.
He said: "It was waddling around and it was on its own.
"I went to the door and it was the postman Des. He asked me if I had something to lift the drain cover off.
"He found something in the garage and he found a mesh basket.
"He got his head in the drain and put the basket down there."
The 86-year-old said there were eight or nine ducklings that were pulled out of the drain.
He said: "Des injured himself on the head.
"He came into the kitchen in our house, we put a plaster on and went on his way.
"He had heard the chirp chirp of the ducklings."
Mr Hants said he was really impressed the postman had reunited the ducklings with their mother.
He said: "It was a marvellous act.
"Mum was delighted. She was distressed before and was stamping. I presumed she needed water.
"I think he is a marvellous and courageous man to do it himself."
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Lincoln postman injures himself while rescuing ducklings from drain
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Lincoln postman injures himself while rescuing ducklings from drain
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Decky Boy
- Posts: 440
- Joined: 22 May 2009, 10:00
- Gender: Male
-
PHARRY
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 327
- Joined: 04 Nov 2013, 17:56
- Gender: Male
-
Interested-seeker
- Posts: 442
- Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
- Gender: Female